November 2018 AOR - Join here

fawzy01

Jan 7, 2019
Here is my timeline.

November 20th Aor
MEP December 20th
Biometrics December 31st
Ghost update February 5th
In IP2 since early January with no movement since ghost update.
FSW inland ( currently working in Canada )
PPR February 13

Interesting thing, I have PPR but status still shows in review. Am from a visa exempt country and nowhere to upload documents eg passport and photos.

So just posted them to Ottawa with schedule A.

Patience everyone it will be your turn eventually
Congrats!!
Do you know which office was handling your application?

vimalvgovind

Jan 17, 2019
Haha thank you!and you too sound bery positive to me especially when majority are ranting negativity!:D yea hope for the best only then the best will come to you!
So,am little confused here ,you left your jb for this wait?? I am working full time ,so I am grateful that I get to divert my mind for some hours!things will happen when they are bound to,few more weeks to go after investing so much into this,we all can have little patience.
Where are you applying from?India ?
I am applying from Bangalore, India. No, I have a full time job here now. I got two better offers within India and I declined them thinking that PPR will come in 2 -3 months time. So fingers crossed. Hope declining good offers won't go vain.

Aburleigh

Feb 5, 2019
Are you CEC Inland?
Have you tried calling before to ask about your status?
I'm hoping my GSMC notes will arrive by the end of next week and give a better idea what is going on.

Didn't see a lot ppl being processed at VO Calgary.
I am CEC inland, are you?

I didn’t call yet, I was thinking I might try on Monday just to see if they could tell me anything.

Me neither, I wasn’t aware it was an office that dealt with PR apps. I thought it was just the Ottawa office?

Shweta1289

Dec 11, 2018
Hi, I believe we have the same AOR & MEP dates. Have you also paid Permanent Resident Fee upfront? And what about the 'How to get a job' mail? I got it a week after MEP.
Yes paid the fees upfront,got the letter for ‘how to find job’ 15 days after MEP.Got an ADR too for POF noc affadavit by spouse:D it got not applicable a day after submitting.All the best:) Where are you applying from?

Shweta1289

Dec 11, 2018
I am applying from Bangalore, India. No, I have a full time job here now. I got two better offers within India and I declined them thinking that PPR will come in 2 -3 months time. So fingers crossed. Hope declining good offers won't go vain.
Okay all the best to you!

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
Won't go in vain, just have a little patience and faith :).

neoetern

Jan 30, 2019
Ban
Yes paid the fees upfront,got the letter for ‘how to find job’ 15 days after MEP.Got an ADR too for POF noc affadavit by spouse:D it got not applicable a day after submitting.All the best:) Where are you applying from?
Bangalore, India. FSW. No nominations.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Successfully moved to 14weeks remaining time.Stop being so negative people..wait till your progress bar completes 6 months..seing the trend of September and October AOR who are getting it this month..most probably many of us will see golden mails by April!:)
Yes, it should be in April hopefully. In my case, I atleast know if not April I will probably get it by June 11, 2019 :D

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I too have a job now, but I am quitting it next month. Last month, I made the assumption that I would get PPR by March so took the bold decision to quit lol stupid me.

Well, let's see what happens.

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
Is

Is it triggered on any specific point in an application process or just random or does it vary with application? I keep hearing many guesses.
Varies with application. The data on this is clear... there is no connection between RPRF request and the stage of the application process you are on. Some get it right after R10, some after initial review of eligibility, some when PPR is to be generated..

neoetern

Jan 30, 2019
Varies with application. The data on this is clear... there is no connection between RPRF request and the stage of the application process you are on. Some get it right after R10, some after initial review of eligibility, some when PPR is to be generated..
That's what I thought too... But the FAQ page about RPRF says 'The Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) is paid by permanent resident applicants when their applications are approved.'

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1396&top=4

But then again, it's not clear whether the request is in fact generated after the application is approved.

They also say this officially: "Although concerted efforts will be made to solicit payment at the early stages of processing, CIC must accept payment of the RPRF whenever it is submitted."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/fees/immigration/right-permanent-residence-rprf-r303.html

So if the RPRF request is another 'concerted effort', it doesn't have any significance on the status of the application. Just another prompt like when the application is submitted . But would they really ask for it if there is a chance of rejection since it must be refunded if the application is rejected for any reason? Adds another step of processing for them right?