+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

tejasmhaskar

Nov 15, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-10-2018
CEC applicants don’t complain.
We have spent time and money in Canada to go to school and expenses, paying tax and far away from family. Most CEC have to work really hard and miss their families but they have to wait for the results. Not like Outland applicants, you have your friends and families around you. Stop saying that CEC Inland are faster and we are the people should get PPR after Outland... just wait PLEASE
There is no point arguing over this. All of us want certainty in our lives. We all have our reasons to get it sooner than later. I am a canadian resident too. My girlfriend has her PR application in process since 12 Oct. Its equally frustrating for me since I cannot see her till she moves here (her visit visa was rejected once, so we didnt want to take a risk again and hence decided to file under EE FSW as she was eligible). I have spent thousands of dollars to go and see her back home (India) as frequently as I can. But, I guess the point - we all have to respect and appreciate each others' situation instead of questioning why certain people are getting their approvals early on. Remember - At an aggregate level, every quick approval is a good sign :)

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
Guys, this forum and thread isn't an outlet for your frustation with the wait time.

There are so many posts in this thread that are genuinely asking for help, but getting buried under this constant stream of rants and complaints against the process. I am having a hard time keeping track of them and trying to help them.

I don't want to single out people, but hopefully by reading this post you will dial down your activity and allow other people an opportunity to air their queries and have them answered.

The wait will take six months. There will be no updates doing this process. It's a black hole. Deal with it. You aren't going to get sympathy. There are hundreds of millions of people worse off than you.

Please have some self awareness and understand that no one cares that the only thing that changed in your application since yesterday was the wait time tracker. You don't need to tell us that again and again.

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
There is no point arguing over this. All of us want certainty in our lives. We all have our reasons to get it sooner than later. I am a canadian resident too. My girlfriend has her PR application in process since 12 Oct. Its equally frustrating for me since I cannot see her till she moves here (her visit visa was rejected once, so we didnt want to take a risk again and hence decided to file under EE FSW as she was eligible). I have spent thousands of dollars to go and see her back home (India) as frequently as I can. But, I guess the point - we all have to respect and appreciate each others' situation instead of questioning why certain people are getting their approvals early on. Remember - At an aggregate level, every quick approval is a good sign :)
Good luck my friend, I am sure the PPR is right around the corner given how many PPRs of September and October I am seeing. Would be fitting if it happens this week, given that today was Valentine's Day. :)

closingtime

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
NOC Code......
Here is my timeline.

November 20th Aor
MEP December 20th
Biometrics December 31st
Ghost update February 5th
In IP2 since early January with no movement since ghost update.
FSW inland ( currently working in Canada )
PPR February 13

Interesting thing, I have PPR but status still shows in review. Am from a visa exempt country and nowhere to upload documents eg passport and photos.

So just posted them to Ottawa with schedule A.

Patience everyone it will be your turn eventually

anxious-girl

Star Member
Dec 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-11-2018
Med's Done....
03-01-2018
Here is my timeline.

November 20th Aor
MEP December 20th
Biometrics December 31st
PPR February 13

Interesting thing, I have PPR but status still shows in review. Am from a visa exempt country and nowhere to upload documents eg passport and photos.

Congrats!!!

Reactions: Shweta1289

Shweta1289

Dec 11, 2018
Successfully moved to 14weeks remaining time.Stop being so negative people..wait till your progress bar completes 6 months..seing the trend of September and October AOR who are getting it this month..most probably many of us will see golden mails by April!:)

vimalvgovind

Jan 17, 2019
Successfully moved to 14weeks remaining time.Stop being so negative people..wait till your progress bar completes 6 months..seing the trend of September and October AOR who are getting it this month..most probably many of us will see golden mails by April!:)
You are very positive and wish I am half as yours. I refused two very good job offers within India due to this and opportunty cost is very high. The dream of Canada is driving me. Hope I too get within April :)

vimalvgovind

Jan 17, 2019
For those who have kids, do you know what is the age in which they take kids to school? I read somewhere it's 5 in Canada. My daughter will turn 4 years next month and she is in Pre KG. Would the Canada school take her from the age of 4 or should we wait till she turns 5 next year ? Anyone who is aware of this, please advise.

Aburleigh

Feb 5, 2019
I called again today, and got a great agent.
Eligibility: not started
BG : in progress - Criminality
Security: not started

VO Calgary

AOR Nov 3rd
MEP Dec 1st
- no update since

The agent also said they do eligibility once BG is complete or almost complete...

I asked specifically was at least the initial eligibility review done, she said no it will be done after BG...

Looks like I can't expect anything before May- June and I'm not out of danger of rejection even tho it's been 3.5 months
I called again today, and got a great agent.
Eligibility: not started
BG : in progress - Criminality
Security: not started

VO Calgary

AOR Nov 3rd
MEP Dec 1st
- no update since

The agent also said they do eligibility once BG is complete or almost complete...

I asked specifically was at least the initial eligibility review done, she said no it will be done after BG...

Looks like I can't expect anything before May- June and I'm not out of danger of rejection even tho it's been 3.5 months

I think my timeline matches yours pretty well!
AOR Nov 3rd
MEP Dec 1st
I did have a medical request on the 8th which confused me as it had already been passed (I uploaded proof of my upfront medical when I submitted, so I sent a CSE and received a response from a Calgary visa office agent (I’m assuming this means my application Is being processed there)
Since then no updates

Maybe this counts for my application too then!

Villegas Family

Star Member
Dec 11, 2018
For those who have kids, do you know what is the age in which they take kids to school? I read somewhere it's 5 in Canada. My daughter will turn 4 years next month and she is in Pre KG. Would the Canada school take her from the age of 4 or should we wait till she turns 5 next year ? Anyone who is aware of this, please advise.
I believe it varies by province. We are going to be in Nova Scotia, and school starts at age 6 there. For 4 and 5 year olds, they have "pre-primary" programs which are free and sound similar to the equivalent of pre-Kindergarten here in the States.

Shweta1289

Dec 11, 2018
You are very positive and wish I am half as yours. I refused two very good job offers within India due to this and opportunty cost is very high. The dream of Canada is driving me. Hope I too get within April :)
Haha thank you!and you too sound bery positive to me especially when majority are ranting negativity!:D yea hope for the best only then the best will come to you!
So,am little confused here ,you left your jb for this wait?? I am working full time ,so I am grateful that I get to divert my mind for some hours!things will happen when they are bound to,few more weeks to go after investing so much into this,we all can have little patience.
Where are you applying from?India ?

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
Here is my timeline.

November 20th Aor
MEP December 20th
Biometrics December 31st
PPR February 13

Congratulations! You got an ADR for Schedule A along with your PPR?

EDIT: Nvm, I think you are referring to Annexure A, not Schedule A :)

Last edited:

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
I think my timeline matches yours pretty well!
AOR Nov 3rd
MEP Dec 1st
I did have a medical request on the 8th which confused me as it had already been passed (I uploaded proof of my upfront medical when I submitted, so I sent a CSE and received a response from a Calgary visa office agent (I’m assuming this means my application Is being processed there)
Since then no updates

Maybe this counts for my application too then!

Are you CEC Inland?
Have you tried calling before to ask about your status?
I'm hoping my GSMC notes will arrive by the end of next week and give a better idea what is going on.

Didn't see a lot ppl being processed at VO Calgary.

neoetern

Jan 30, 2019
Hi, I believe we have the same AOR & MEP dates. Have you also paid Permanent Resident Fee upfront? And what about the 'How to get a job' mail? I got it a week after MEP.

Reactions: Shweta1289