+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

Discussion in 'Express Entry / Expression of Interest' started by senthilkumarank, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Good morning/ afternoon all! :)

(That's it, just felt like saying hi)

2. Since we both have similar NOC's (mine is 2173), can you tell me what was your job hunt approach? Did you give interviews on Skype (or other such video conferencing tool)? What recruiting agencies did you contact?

3. I am also in US. I did soft landing last week. Although, most likely I will move to Canada in December 2019.
    What I heard is Toronto area is fine. Toronto airport is in Mississauga.

4. 231 days and counting... {yawn} My worry in all this wait is, what if our applications fall through the cracks given the newer submissions are attended to with full vigor

SithLord likes this.
  5. So my journey is finally over, I had my landing interview yesterday.
    The process is very quick and simple, but didn't go as smooth as I was hopping. IRCC systems crashed so there was a bit of a wait and uncertainty of its going to be done or rescheduled... Was lucky and system were back up and running 30 min after my arrival.

Good luck to all of you! I'll still visit to follow up on your updates, especially from @SithLord

6. Guys anyone contacted with Ralph Goodale's office ? If you are writing to him ... what will be the subject like and salutation ... like good morning Ralph or honorable minister ... ??

7. So in 8 months most of us should be cleared except RR or SS folks.

Let's see. I'm completing 250 days in 2 weeks.

8. Congratulations!! Very happy to hear your long painful journey is over :)

All the best

9. For me everything is passed except security checks, does this mean that I will wait for longer than 8 months?!!
    AOR Nov 28th

10. Hi guys, posting this here as it is one of the most active threads and hoping this could help others.

I finally received the RFV email yesterday after nearly 10 months post AOR!

Here is my full timeline:

Category: FSW Inland
    CRS: 535
    ITA: Jul 25, 2018
    AOR: Sep 5, 2018
    MEP: Sep 27, 2018
    ADR: RCMP Certificate - Sep 27, 2018
    Criminality: Passed - Dec 13, 2018
    Eligibility: RR (POF) - Dec 13, 2018
    Eligibility & Security: Passed - May 30, 2019
    RFV: Jun 25, 2019

My advice based on my experience:
    1) Order GCMS notes after 3-4 months post AOR and then once a month. This is how I learned that my eligibility had RR for POF for a missing bank statement.
    2) Submit documents proactively to clarify your situation if you have RR on anything. I proactively uploaded the bank statement that was missing in my application and I believe that this saved me from an even longer wait.
    3) Call IRCC and ask for a detailed status update regarding your eligibility, criminality and security regularly (every 2-3 weeks for me) after 6 months post AOR. Ask them to send a reminder to case agents if things are dragging along. My eligibility and security were passed about 4 weeks after a reminder was sent. Not sure if it is a coincidence or not but one thing is for sure: calling and asking to send a reminder did not hurt.

sumylili, morcerf, seantung and 9 others like this.
  11. Thank you.. Eligibility says met.. But there is an RR for current employment.. Although my previous two employment suffice the crs score.. What do u suggest. Also previously I submitted an affidavit stating the reason that the company doesn't issue ref letters.. Will it conflict.?
    Thanks

12. So I got a reply for my email today which is pretty much like the old one, aside from an extra sentence this time :

''Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We wish to thank you for your patience and to inform you that the information you have provided has been forwarded to the responsible office.

Your file should be reviewed shortly.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry''

13. hey,
    i was just checking in if everyone got there pr's yet.
    I am in Toronto landed on 20th june, Aor 2nd November. Life has changed a lot in a month , all in a good way though :)
    @SithLord when you arrive first round is on me buddy.
    And if anyone want to know anything before coming to Toronto pm me. I'd be happy to help.

14. That's great, congratulations!!! Nearly 10 months of wait is insane :( you must be so happy and relieved! Were you ever told a due date in any of the calls you made?

15. Just got off the phone with an agent... She told me that my eligibility is “In process “ ... I asked her it was a review required earlier... But she said it is “in process” and is no longer a review required... I asked her to send a reminder to the officer but she said she couldn’t do it at the moment... but she assured me that I will get it soon