November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
For travel dates, when I mention them with no gaps they are:
28 Aug departure from Canada
29 Aug layover London airport
30 Aug arrival in India

Is it okay to write on the form that I was at London airport on 29 or what else can I mention for these dates. I'm not sure about 29. How to put that on form.
Assuming you are asking about entering information in the presence calculator:

A trip abroad begins with the date of exit (departure) from Canada, and ends on the date of return, the date the applicant actually arrives back in Canada. Those are the only dates that need to be entered.

Whatever the applicant did between those dates, that is all part of that one trip.

Beyond that, how a particular applicant populates the other boxes depends on the particular details and the applicant's best judgment about what needs to be disclosed and how to disclose it. Be responsive and truthful is the main guideline.

In the "destination" box, for example, if the trip was directly to one country and then directly back to Canada, there is a specific right answer, that country.

But otherwise, if more than one country was visited between the reported date of exit and the date of return, the applicant uses his or her own judgment about which of those countries should be listed in the "destination" field, leaving the other countries to be referenced in the "reason" box. My sense is that it is best to enter the country where the individual spent the most time, the primary destination. But other approaches may be just as OK. Again, this is not governed by technicalities, the "right answer" is a responsive and truthful answer.

Then, as noted, in the "reasons" box enter the purpose of the trip of course ("holidays" suffices, if indeed the trip was for holidays; "attend to unfinished business" works IF that was the reason; "visit ill parent" works if that was in fact the reason; and so on, and "to temporarily live in home country" works if that is what it was about), and then list all other countries visited during that trip. For a layover in London, just listing England or the UK "as additional countries visited" should do it. No need to elaborate; no need to distinguish a layover from longer stays. One could, of course, but better to keep it focused, precise.

Reactions: Kan_Sri

JCG19

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Here is my timeline as Nov Applicant
Applied: Nov 6
Delivered to CIC: Nov 10

Last edited:

CAforCA

Jan 27, 2009
Doc's Request.
20th Jan 2010
AOR Received.
25th May 2010
IELTS Request
15th Dec 2009 Taken Score 7.5
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
28-09-2010
Med's Done....
11-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
6/1/2011
LANDED..........
25/6/2011 Yoo Hoo
Guys we have few applicants who have not updated their received status in the tracker - it is showing 90% received. Please ensure you keep up or the averages will get skewed. Since this is a new process updating our current status will help other down the road to estimate the correct processing timelines.

ak0512
Kinnu1982
Atelman
smah1986
stshayesteh
shan30

All the above applicants from November who have sent in their apps by Nov 3rd ...you all should have received delivery updates.

molin

May 2, 2013
Hi. Please add my timeline:

ID: Molin
Presence: 1,606.5 days
Application Type: Family (3)
Application Sent : Nov. 9
Application Received: Not yet

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
ID: dchoudh
Presence: 1530.5 days
Application Type: Single
Application Sent : Nov. 2 2017
Application Received: Nov. 6th 2017

YYZ2017

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
Why would moving back to home country for 2 years after landing result in an RQ? And why would a PR need a good reason for that..it is nowhere stated that a PR is expected to move permanently to Canada on Day 1 upon landing.

A PR is free to travel as long as the PR status is maintained, and that alone shouldn't trigger an RQ as long as the physical presence requirement for citizenship is met when applying.

You are right and answered your own question. Taxation is the key word my friend. Why do you think 183 in one calendar year was introduced with C-24? Many people used to stay haphazardly and just finish 3/5 or 2/5 whichever was applicable and never pay taxes. Any prolonged absences in any calendar year are taken as a red flag and "may" invite a RQ.

Atelman

Nov 16, 2012
Guys we have few applicants who have not updated their received status in the tracker - it is showing 90% received. Please ensure you keep up or the averages will get skewed. Since this is a new process updating our current status will help other down the road to estimate the correct processing timelines.

ak0512
Kinnu1982
Atelman
smah1986
stshayesteh
shan30

All the above applicants from November who have sent in their apps by Nov 3rd ...you all should have received delivery updates.
Hi there,
Please update the tracker with my received date: Nov 3, 2017
Wish everybody fast and smooth processing!
Thanks!

sophon

Nov 13, 2017
Hi everyone,
Please add me to the spreadsheet as well.

ID: sophon
Presence: 1300 plus days
Application Type: Family (5)
Application Sent : Nov. 9 2017
Application Received: Nov. 10th 2017

stshayesteh

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017

ak0512
Kinnu1982
Atelman
smah1986
stshayesteh
shan30

Please update my tracker for delivered Nov 6th.
Also you may want to update me on October page for returned application. (And due to officer's error :( We had included copy of passports and PR and they asked for additional ID!)

Thank you.

haithy

Jan 4, 2013
hello,
please add me to Nov sheet and remove my name from October
App. Type: Family (3)
Physical Presence Days: 1450
App Sent: Oct 17, 2017
App Received: Oct 19, 2017
App Returned: Nov 7,2017
App Resent: Nov 9,2017
App Received: Nov 14, 2017
Courier/Signature: Canada XpressPost/ Singed be: R LORANDO
Note: After 3/5 Rule

syamakaruna

Oct 13, 2017
Hi to all October 11 applicants for citizenship. Have anyone got the file number yet? Just want to know how many days does it take for them to send acknowledgement. Thank you.

winnipeg2013

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Hello,

Please add me to the Nov Spread Sheet.

Location- Winnipeg, MB
App Type: Family (2)
Physical Presence Days: 1350
App Sent: Nov 09, 2017
App Received: Nov 14, 2017
Courier/Signature: Canada XpressPost/ Singed be: T ALEN

Thanks.