+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

amazonpatel18

Nov 14, 2017
Hi all November applicants,

I have a question regarding CIT 0002E. Just to give you a background, I became permanent resident of Canada in Aug, 2014 and have lived in Canada ever since and have acquired more than 1097 days as PR in Canada.

The online calculator shows me the eligibility period from Aug, 2012. So I was in India since Aug, 2012 thru Aug, 2014. Do I need to mention the period before I became PR in question 10.a of CIT 0002E? Also, in CIT 0002E, question 10.b asks to submit police clearance certificate if I have lived in any other country for more than 183 days in last 4 years. I had already submitted the police clearance certificate when I got the permanent resident visa back in 2014. And now I can not get the certificate as I have been living in Canada.

Can anyone please help? Does 10.b only refer to applicants who became PR and then lived out of Canada for 183 days?

Thanks you so much in advance!

phlove

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Winnipeg MB CA
Visa Office......
canada
App. Filed.......
18/Oct/2017

I have a question regarding CIT 0002E. Just to give you a background, I became permanent resident of Canada in Aug, 2014 and have lived in Canada ever since and have acquired more than 1097 days as PR in Canada.

The online calculator shows me the eligibility period from Aug, 2012. So I was in India since Aug, 2012 thru Aug, 2014. Do I need to mention the period before I became PR in question 10.a of CIT 0002E? Also, in CIT 0002E, question 10.b asks to submit police clearance certificate if I have lived in any other country for more than 183 days in last 4 years. I had already submitted the police clearance certificate when I got the permanent resident visa back in 2014. And now I can not get the certificate as I have been living in Canada.

Can anyone please help? Does 10.b only refer to applicants who became PR and then lived out of Canada for 183 days?

no you dont need to provide PPC from back home
and yes u need to provide Address of your back home from Aug 2012 to Aug 2014

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015

1) Do I need to mention the period before I became PR in question 10.a of CIT 0002E? Yes , you need to mention this
2) NO PCC need to provide for period you was India. (because that period is not going to count for your presence calculator, and CIC need only PCC for the period which is going to contribute for days calculation )

Good Luck

Reactions: find_anand

amazonpatel18

Nov 14, 2017
Thanks phlove for prompt reply!

So, do I need to provide explanation on why I won't be submitting Police Clearance Certificate from Aug, 2013 thru Aug, 2014? Or is it self explanatory that I became PR on Aug, 2014 and won't be submitting the PCC? Please advise.

rea11

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
My passport and landing paper got stamped with incorrect date. Instead of stamping 19 Nov, the officer stamped 18 Nov. But wrote date of landing as Nov 19 on landing document. Can this lead to any problem. What can be done?

phlove

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Winnipeg MB CA
Visa Office......
canada
App. Filed.......
18/Oct/2017
Thanks phlove for prompt reply!

So, do I need to provide explanation on why I won't be submitting Police Clearance Certificate from Aug, 2013 thru Aug, 2014? Or is it self explanatory that I became PR on Aug, 2014 and won't be submitting the PCC? Please advise.
No u dont need to provide any explanation abt PCC

amerabouissa

Star Member
Oct 10, 2010
Hi everyone.

I want to apply for the citizenship and I’m wondering if someone can help me find an office that helps with the application process. I live in Etobicoke Ontario and I would appreciate any help/suggestions

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi everyone.

I want to apply for the citizenship and I’m wondering if someone can help me find an office that helps with the application process. I live in Etobicoke Ontario and I would appreciate any help/suggestions
Application is very straightforward. Save your money and fill it out yourself.

IRCC has a guide which covers everything you need to know including details on how to fill out every question.

Start here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/adults.asp

Reactions: AlbertaGovernor

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone.

If you can read/write in English/French you do not need anyone to help you fill the application
Application process is made for average people and not intended for rocket scientist

Can you please enlighten us as to why you need someone help ?
Is your case complicated with some background or security breaches ?

molin

May 2, 2013
Pls update my timeline for application Received:

ID: Molin
Presence: 1,606.5 days
Application Type: Family (3)
Application Sent : Nov. 9
Application Received: Nov. 14, 1017

rajesh_arr

Oct 28, 2013
I recently applied for police certificate for my job purpose. Since I don't have original PCC, would copy of the original police certificate work for citizenship application or I need to submit original PCC.

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
Hi, does anybody has an idea what courier service to use? And do i have to request the signature option too with the courier service? Do i have to put the pictures in a small envelope with the application?