+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Avoid RQ at any cost, a friend of mine got it and it took her 3 years to get to a citizenship judge and have her citizenship granted as she moved back to her home country for two years post landing for no good reason.

#MyTwoCentsOfExperience
Why would moving back to home country for 2 years after landing result in an RQ? And why would a PR need a good reason for that..it is nowhere stated that a PR is expected to move permanently to Canada on Day 1 upon landing.

A PR is free to travel as long as the PR status is maintained, and that alone shouldn't trigger an RQ as long as the physical presence requirement for citizenship is met when applying.

Reactions: Katayoon

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
CIC assess - eligibility period, ability to pay taxes, security etc before granting your request for taking the citizenship exam. Hence all the questions are relevant. For example Police clearance for all the countries you stayed over 183 days in past 4 years is relevant for security reasons. Whether you are a PR or not does not matter - you still have to furnish police clearance for any place your stayed more than 183 days in the 4 years preceding the citizenship application date.

You would have furnished these answers in your PR application anyway (info reg prior to PR date). Keep the data consistent wrt to your PR application.

Hope this helps.

Hi I have one question: since your eligibility period starts 5 years before your application date. But what if you became PR 3 years before your application date. So questions like did you leave Canada in last 5 years or where were you in 5 last years does not make sense because I was not even PR or not even in Canada 3 years before my application date. So my question in this case do I need to provide any details for the period before I became PR ? Eligibility period should start when you became PR rather than 5 years before the application date. Please advise.

rajesh_arr

Oct 28, 2013
Hi another question regarding
"You are required to provide a police certificate for each country, other than Canada, where you were present for a total of 183 days or more during the four (4) years immediately before the date of your application."

I hope years means calendar year
So if my application date is Nov 2017 then 4 years include 2017 year also or we need to exclude 2017?

Aug 7, 2013
Hello,

I am planning to apply for my citizenship this month and I have a question regarding form CIT0002 (10-2017) E - question number 14 A which asks for Passports and Travel Documents. I have travelled to Mexico and Maldives where I got visa on arrival with just a stamp on the passport. None of the stamps have any document numbers identified on them.

My question is does the visa on arrival count as a travel document? If yes then what do I enter as the document number?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

rea11

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
Ques 11: Tell us what you have been doing during the eligibility period.

Complete the chart in question 11. You must list all your work and study history including English/French language training inside or outside Canada for the entire eligibility period.
  • If you were not working because you were studying, unemployed, retired, a caregiver, homemaker or volunteering for any part of this time, provide that information, including the location.
  • If you were self-employed, you must provide details of your self-employment.
You must provide information that covers the entire eligibility period, being sure to account for each month.

For this question I want to know, during my eligibility period of 5 year I went on holiday to Dubai and Greece for one week. Am I required to mention that? As I was outside Canada and outside India during those days and was no where connected to Canada

rea11

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
Ques 9 c) During your eligibility period did you live outside Canada?

Yes, I did live outside Canada in eligibility period of 5 years. But it asks me to fill in the crown servant form if I say yes, which is not applicable to me. So what can I do?

rea11

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
Do I have to enclose Tax assessment proof for 3 years when I send the application? Document checklist does not say so

rea11

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
Ques 10 a) Write all your addresses inside and outside of Canada you used during your eligibility period, including the postal codes, starting with your current home address. If you were residing, employed or attending school outside Canada, you must list all of your foreign addresses, including the postal codes or ZIP codes.

Am I required to give details for 5 years say from Nov 2012 to Nov 2017. Even if I was no where connected to Canada?

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
The wording is "prior to the application date" hence i feel including 2017. So if you are applying in Nov 2017 - period starting Nov 2013-Nov 2017.

Hi another question regarding
"You are required to provide a police certificate for each country, other than Canada, where you were present for a total of 183 days or more during the four (4) years immediately before the date of your application."

I hope years means calendar year
So if my application date is Nov 2017 then 4 years include 2017 year also or we need to exclude 2017?

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
No need to enclose, you need to provide CIC permission to obtain the information from CRA.

Do I have to enclose Tax assessment proof for 3 years when I send the application? Document checklist does not say so

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
for 14 A, you just have to enter the passport number. If you have extended the passport validity or gotten a new passport you need to have corresponding old and new passport numbers here. The application form does not require you to fill out visa/document #.

Hello,

I am planning to apply for my citizenship this month and I have a question regarding form CIT0002 (10-2017) E - question number 14 A which asks for Passports and Travel Documents. I have travelled to Mexico and Maldives where I got visa on arrival with just a stamp on the passport. None of the stamps have any document numbers identified on them.

My question is does the visa on arrival count as a travel document? If yes then what do I enter as the document number?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
There should not be any GAPS in period for Q11 and Q10A. If it was vacation please mention as vacation.

Ques 11: Tell us what you have been doing during the eligibility period.

Complete the chart in question 11. You must list all your work and study history including English/French language training inside or outside Canada for the entire eligibility period.
  • If you were not working because you were studying, unemployed, retired, a caregiver, homemaker or volunteering for any part of this time, provide that information, including the location.
  • If you were self-employed, you must provide details of your self-employment.
You must provide information that covers the entire eligibility period, being sure to account for each month.

For this question I want to know, during my eligibility period of 5 year I went on holiday to Dubai and Greece for one week. Am I required to mention that? As I was outside Canada and outside India during those days and was no where connected to Canada

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
That form applies to ppl who can count residence outside canada towards eligibility. If you click on help next to the question - you will get more info. Please fill out that form if it is applicable to you. For most of us, it does not apply. Others may comment on this question as well.

Yes, I did live outside Canada in eligibility period of 5 years. But it asks me to fill in the crown servant form if I say yes, which is not applicable to me. So what can I do?

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hello,

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
The travel document is your passport and not the visa/entry stamp.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012

You can respond with either yes or no and attach a letter to explain why you chose yes/no and clarity that the crown form doesn't apply to you