+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

palachinke

Nov 21, 2012
Hi there. Kindly add me to the spreadsheet, please...

App sent:Nov. 2
App received: Nov 6,2017
App type: Single
Physical presence: 1543 days
AOR: Still waiting...

CAforCA

Jan 27, 2009
Doc's Request.
20th Jan 2010
AOR Received.
25th May 2010
IELTS Request
15th Dec 2009 Taken Score 7.5
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
28-09-2010
Med's Done....
11-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
6/1/2011
LANDED..........
25/6/2011 Yoo Hoo
I had requested this in the October applicant forum thread - Please ensure you keep on updating the tracker I have seen many folks add their names but fall off once their file is in process ..and fail to update the tracker. This makes the file incomplete - we should be identifying inactive applicants if they fail to update the status (even if it remains unchanged). Good luck every one!

Reactions: qjzhou

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Nice Analysis! :)

Hi all,

If you just analyze the frequency of work and sending application for citizenship, from my analysis the applications received on Nov 9 will take more 8 to 9 weeks to get AOR. The frequency of given AOR per week is about 50 to 55 applicants and still 372 applicants of october and 40 applicants of november are in line to get AOR.

In addition, few statuary Holidays are also coming so definately it will delayed more. I am amazed nobody in November applicant thread even asked for AOR, I think they already well awared about current situation. Hop CIC will increase more trained staff and tell them to become more faster.

cool_wonderful

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney ,Nova Scotia / New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2010 ; DD encashed - 30-Jul-2010
Doc's Request.
28-Sep-2010
Nomination.....
12-Jan-2011
AOR Received.
yes
IELTS Request
IELTS submitted
File Transfer...
12-Jan-2011
Med's Request
26-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24-Jan-2014 , PP sent :- 12 feb 2014 , ecas status - DM on 26 feb 2014
VISA ISSUED...
PP returned on 06-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
01 June 2014
Hi November Applicants! The tracking spreadsheet is here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16cfQUVB3j56QktacolbsAxpNlOrvk2uFGZzm_ZFCnfg/edit#gid=1316748968

I've entered the two people above who had all their details posted.

If there is anyone for the November applicants who would like to keep an eye on this forum and update information for this cohort, let me know and I'll give you access to the spreadsheet.
Hi ,
My details are as follows :
Applied on -02-Nov-2017
Appln received on - 06-Nov-2017
Location - Mississauga
family(4)
1225 days

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
General question guys, during un-employed or job search period - what do we need to put in #11 of the application for citizenship? who will be the contact for reference? any ideas?

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
Hi all,

If you just analyze the frequency of work and sending application for citizenship, from my analysis the applications received on Nov 9 will take more 8 to 9 weeks to get AOR. The frequency of given AOR per week is about 50 to 55 applicants and still 372 applicants of october and 40 applicants of november are in line to get AOR.

In addition, few statuary Holidays are also coming so definately it will delayed more. I am amazed nobody in November applicant thread even asked for AOR, I think they already well awared about current situation. Hop CIC will increase more trained staff and tell them to become more faster.
Agree..
It is going to be very slow, so just plan accordingly.

They got 5 times applications in October than they had in September - using the google sheet as a generic guideline.

Nov applicants may go In Progress in March timeframe.

Wondergirl

Star Member
Oct 21, 2015
Sk
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
Citizenship 31/10/2917
AOR Received.
12/14/2017
Can u add me to the spred sheet pls thanks

ID Wondergirl
Location.. Regina Sk
Physical Presence 1,290
Type application Family (Me and my son )(dependant)
Sent Oct.30 2017
Recived Nov.2 2017

ummi

Star Member
Mar 29, 2012
I want to apply in November. Can anyone advise me how to prepare for full family . should I make 4 different files and send in one envelope or put dividers and make one big file for full family. Sorry for the weird Question.

Secondly should I write an explaination about doing a short landing and going back for 2 years and than shifted back to Canada.

My days (1300) are complete but I am concerned for RQ.
anything specific to submit for home maker mom and school going kids.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
@ummi

#1 : should I make 4 different files and send in one envelope or put dividers and make one big file for full family.

You have send all documents in envelop separated by dividers.

#2 : should I write an explanation about doing a short landing and going back for 2 years and than shifted back to Canada

your physical presence form and Question 10 will explain itself.
you don't need to add separate explanation paper about your history.

#3 : I am concerned for RQ
what is RQ?
RQ is residence questionnaire. It is sent when CIC doubts the physical presence claimed by an applicant. Applicant is required to submit all sorts of documents like lease agreements, job letter, property tax documents, flight tickets, boarding passes, address proofs etc to convince CIC that they were truly present in Canada for the time claimed on the application.

YYZ2017

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
what is RQ?[/QUOTE]

RQ might prove deadly in some cases as in if someone stays too long in home country after landing and comes back or too many prolonged work related trips to say US, one becomes a flight risk, thence a RQ. Which might be referred to a citizenship judge for review and the delays as there are only 3 citizenship judges in Ontario atleast. So in the physical presence calculator, in the section where it mentions reason for absence, write a good response which also is true, to explain logically to avoid RQ. But RQ is generated during interview if not satisfied and sometimes even before the interview. So be honest and explain in two lines to convince the case officer. Avoid RQ at any cost, a friend of mine got it and it took her 3 years to get to a citizenship judge and have her citizenship granted as she moved back to her home country for two years post landing for no good reason.

#MyTwoCentsOfExperience

Reactions: ummi and Kan_Sri

YYZ2017

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
RQ is residence questionnaire. It is sent when CIC doubts the physical presence claimed by an applicant. Applicant is required to submit all sorts of documents like lease agreements, job letter, property tax documents, flight tickets, boarding passes, address proofs etc to convince CIC that they were truly present in Canada for the time claimed on the application.
RQ was deadlier pre digital passport scanning. While leaving Canada, one did not need to scan passport, say 7 years ago. So people used to cross to US via land and then fly to their home country and return via same. Hence never stayed a single day and claim citizenship of convenience. Now all the passports are scanned as majority of the countries have digital passports with biometrics and scannable. They know what you did and where you are. Order GCMS notes asking for CBSA records. I can even see which aisle number I passed through while coming back to Canada from short trips. #JustSaying

Micah008

Nov 5, 2017
Hello. Kindly add me to the spreadsheet, please...

App sent: Nov 4
App received: Nov 9,2017
App type: Family of 4
Physical presence: 1343 days
AOR: Still waiting...

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Thank you, very informative..

what is RQ?
RQ might prove deadly in some cases as in if someone stays too long in home country after landing and comes back or too many prolonged work related trips to say US, one becomes a flight risk, thence a RQ. Which might be referred to a citizenship judge for review and the delays as there are only 3 citizenship judges in Ontario atleast. So in the physical presence calculator, in the section where it mentions reason for absence, write a good response which also is true, to explain logically to avoid RQ. But RQ is generated during interview if not satisfied and sometimes even before the interview. So be honest and explain in two lines to convince the case officer. Avoid RQ at any cost, a friend of mine got it and it took her 3 years to get to a citizenship judge and have her citizenship granted as she moved back to her home country for two years post landing for no good reason.

#MyTwoCentsOfExperience[/QUOTE]

dreamgarfield

Star Member
Sep 2, 2012
Could you add me to the spreadsheet
App sent: Nov 3
App received: Nov 6
App type: Family of 3
Physical presence: 1470 days
AOR : waiting

Thank you

Last edited:

rajesh_arr

Oct 28, 2013
Hi I have one question: since your eligibility period starts 5 years before your application date. But what if you became PR 3 years before your application date. So questions like did you leave Canada in last 5 years or where were you in 5 last years does not make sense because I was not even PR or not even in Canada 3 years before my application date. So my question in this case do I need to provide any details for the period before I became PR ? Eligibility period should start when you became PR rather than 5 years before the application date. Please advise.