+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

M.M.

Apr 23, 2019
hi .. do you know what kind of documents they usually ask for if they needed it, before the Aoth ?

2017Hali

Nov 24, 2017
My status says: Decision Made as of today when I had logged in.
But nothing changed inside.
Didn't receive any email on that as well.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 27, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 23, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 21, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on March 1, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 20, 2018 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

Karachi1

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
Applied in oct 2017 just got my notice to do the test on 27 of june its been a long process not sure why . 18 months .
hi, mine is also gone 18 months plus still didn't hear from them for test invite, did you apply with brothers or sisters or you apply separately, and did you apply from Mississauga?

Karachi1

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
They are working really fast....had my test on 16th April and got the Oath invite for 7th May!
I originally sent my application in November 2017!
hi, mine is gone 18 months plus still didn't hear from them for test invite, did you apply with brothers or sisters or you apply separately, and did you apply from Mississauga?

Karachi1

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
I have completed the process, took the Oath yesterday. Good luck to everyone that is waiting, i applied on Nov 2017.
hi, mine is also gone 18 months plus still didn't hear from them for test invite, did you apply with brothers or sisters or you apply separately, and did you apply from Mississauga?

Karachi1

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
With a bittersweet sentiment sharing these news with y'all that my journey to become a Canadian citizen finally ended on 4/25 after 17 long months.

I would like to share some interesting facts I came across during my chat with clerk and judge "Anton" - a wonderful mate!

- There are multiple ceremonies held during a day (up to 3). Not sure if this is applicable to only that location.
- Some people wrote their tests on 4/24 and they were called in for oath the next day 4/25. I spoke to one of those individuals and she said, it wasn't urgent processing case and the whole process took about 11 months.
- Some 33,000 people were granted Citizenship in last 6 months through the Mississauga office alone.
- Designate office does another round of security checks (CSIS, RCMP) after the invite for oath was sent and before the ceremony.
- The reason you can't apply for passport right away, after the oath, is the clerk has to confirm that you took the oath and upload that information into the system, which may take up to 24 - 48 hours.

Happy to answer if you have any questions.

Finally, I wish all the best to fellow November applicants and hope that your special day arrives sooner than later.

Just an FYI...although I was a Mississauga applicant, my test and Oath was scheduled in Scarborough at two different locations.

I will be applying for a passport soon, and will definitely share my experience here. All the best!
hi, my process has gone 18 months plus still didn't hear from them for test invite. i invite with my siblings and already getting helped from MP office but she gave the date to wait but no test invite, did you apply with brothers or sisters or you apply separately, and did you apply from Mississauga?

Karachi1

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
Eventually after getting my MP involved, I received my test invitation today!
I am Mississauga applicant...applied in November 2017. After waiting for a year, got my MP involved last year in December 2018. MP office sent a couple of communications in between and this morning I got the surprise!
Hence, please get your MP involved if you haven't already done. And if you have, wait a bit more and eventually you will hear good news soon!
hi, my process has gone 18 months plus still didn't hear from them for test invite. i invite with my siblings and already getting helped from MP office but she gave the date to wait but no test invite, did you apply with brothers or sisters or you apply separately, and did you apply from Mississauga?

Karachi1

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
I became a Canadian citizen on April 5, 2019.

I would be around and happy to assist 'anyone' who needs help; based on my experience.

Karachi1

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
is anyone still waiting for test invite date who applied on November 2017? Is there anyone who is in the same boat as me? I feel my case is the only one:(

Reactions: edmonds

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
is anyone still waiting for test invite date who applied on November 2017? Is there anyone who is in the same boat as me? I feel my case is the only one:(
Did u check what holding ur file that long? Is it security checks? Bcz mississauga started inviting people from June 2018 for test few days ago

Reactions: edmonds

Karachi1

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
Did u check what holding ur file that long? Is it security checks? Bcz mississauga started inviting people from June 2018 for test few days ago
no everything is fine they say file is in queue for test invite, but they are saying that for seven months:(