+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Can you tell me more details please, are you sure of your answer?
Why do you need a passport for oath? You need PR card! Sure!!
Carry your invite and media release form; you could sign it now or before Presenting.
May carry COPR (confirmation of permanent residence),
Driving licence (though they don’t have time and don’t care to check)
Health card (same answer as above).

If you wish, 4 Tim cards loaded with 25 bucks each for the judge, staff members and security personnel.

No food and drinks allowed!

And on a healthy note, I am sharing a secret, don’t tell them that you’ve LOST or SOLD your passport.

M.M.

Apr 23, 2019
Thanks a lot and Tim advise is a good idea :D
I’ll not have my passport for 2 month so in case the oath came that time,, just to b more sure!!

__CAN anyone else share his experience in the oath. DID they ask for passport in the oath?
Thanks again :)

jessie_michael

Jun 18, 2014
Toronto
After getting my MP involved a few days ago, I finally got my test invite today. About time!!
So I’ve been planning this trip to Europe in the last week of June, and I’ve been torn whether to apply for a Schengen visa or just give up. But now this test invite changes things a lot. I wanted to ask, based on your experience, is it more likely to be invited to take the oath 2 weeks after the test or more like a month after? Thanks in advance!

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
After getting my MP involved a few days ago, I finally got my test invite today. About time!!
So I’ve been planning this trip to Europe in the last week of June, and I’ve been torn whether to apply for a Schengen visa or just give up. But now this test invite changes things a lot. I wanted to ask, based on your experience, is it more likely to be invited to take the oath 2 weeks after the test or more like a month after? Thanks in advance!
Good luck with your test preparation! The oath invites haven’t been consistent. Do what you think is right for your travel.

Reactions: jessie_michael

Big Boy

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
With a bittersweet sentiment sharing these news with y'all that my journey to become a Canadian citizen finally ended on 4/25 after 17 long months.

I would like to share some interesting facts I came across during my chat with clerk and judge "Anton" - a wonderful mate!

- There are multiple ceremonies held during a day (up to 3). Not sure if this is applicable to only that location.
- Some people wrote their tests on 4/24 and they were called in for oath the next day 4/25. I spoke to one of those individuals and she said, it wasn't urgent processing case and the whole process took about 11 months.
- Some 33,000 people were granted Citizenship in last 6 months through the Mississauga office alone.
- Designate office does another round of security checks (CSIS, RCMP) after the invite for oath was sent and before the ceremony.
- The reason you can't apply for passport right away, after the oath, is the clerk has to confirm that you took the oath and upload that information into the system, which may take up to 24 - 48 hours.

Happy to answer if you have any questions.

Finally, I wish all the best to fellow November applicants and hope that your special day arrives sooner than later.

Just an FYI...although I was a Mississauga applicant, my test and Oath was scheduled in Scarborough at two different locations.

I will be applying for a passport soon, and will definitely share my experience here. All the best!

alemom

Star Member
Oct 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 29, 2015
AOR Received.
March 15, 2016