31-March-2012
Passport Req..
22-June-12
VISA ISSUED...
27-July-12 (received Aug 2)
LANDED..........
04-Aug-12
tachhi said:
thanks for the reply,The only problem is not mentioning USA when my flight was VIA US as they stamp your passport even when you r in transit. I hope everything goes smoothly
I don't think that should be a problem. I travelled to Australia for vacation in 2013, I had a transit in Los Angeles on my way to Australia and also on my way back to Canada.
All I mentioned was my exit date from Canada and my re-entry date into Canada, my Destination (Australia) and reason for absence (family visit).
I don't see where CIC asks us to specify where we transited, rather they are asking for the final Destination.

Also, I think you did the correct thing specifying Dubai as a separate line (even though technically it was a 4 day transit on route to your final destination, which is a matter of how your air ticket was laid out).

I think at the end of the day as long as the # of physical days you were in Canada is accurate and correct in your application we should be OK overall.

tachhi

Dec 30, 2014
rmust said:
I don't think that should be a problem. I travelled to Australia for vacation in 2013, I had a transit in Los Angeles on my way to Australia and also on my way back to Canada.
All I mentioned was my exit date from Canada and my re-entry date into Canada, my Destination (Australia) and reason for absence (family visit).
I don't see where CIC asks us to specify where we transited, rather they are asking for the final Destination.

Also, I think you did the correct thing specifying Dubai as a separate line (even though technically it was a 4 day transit on route to your final destination, which is a matter of how your air ticket was laid out).

I think at the end of the day as long as the # of physical days you were in Canada is accurate and correct in your application we should be OK overall.
thanks alot for sharing your thought, I am relieved after reading your msg

sanlitun

Jun 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SubZero_2 said:
Thanks datascientist, I also wanted to mention that my ecas is now active showing these two lines:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 19, 2014 (they received my package on 17 November).

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 17, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I hope everyone gets good news soon.
Hi Congrats on status change. May I know what's "ecas"? Is it CIC online service and what "identification type" you keyed in? If it's a different site, can you please post the link? Thanks very much!

Zaraben

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Calgary
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2014
AOR Received.
25-01-2015
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Interview........
11-08-205
LANDED..........
11-05-2011
Good afternoon,

I am felling a little bit anxious, it's January 5th and I have not heard anything about my application...Nothing, Nada!!!! :-[

Should I be concerned? Is it normal??
:'(

readytofly

Star Member
Jan 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 29th, 2010
Doc's Request.
Mar. 8th, 2010
AOR Received.
Sep. 27th, 2010
File Transfer...
Oct. 14th, 2011
Med's Request
Feb. 3rd, 2012
Passport Req..
May 7th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 9th, 2012
LANDED..........
May 19th, 2012
Zaraben said:
Good afternoon,

I am felling a little bit anxious, it's January 5th and I have not heard anything about my application...Nothing, Nada!!!! :-[

Our application was received on November 13th and we have not heard anything either but no reason to be worried, it takes 2-3 months.

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I Recieved the AOR via email. here are the timelines.

Application Mailed : November 1st 2014
Application Received at CIC : November 5th 2014
AOR received : January 6th 2015

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think your timeline and mine are matching. I got my AOR via email yesterday. Have you recieved any. be sure to check the spam folder.

Zaraben said:
Good afternoon,

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,
my understanding is that ECAS doesn't change until you receive your AOR email or mail. Is that true?

Congrats for everyone received AOR. My application was received on NOV 06 and no news so far :( :( :( :(

rmust

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2011
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2012
Med's Request
27-March-2012
Med's Done....
31-March-2012
Passport Req..
22-June-12
VISA ISSUED...
27-July-12 (received Aug 2)
LANDED..........
04-Aug-12
Zaraben said:
Good afternoon,

I do not think there should be any reason to worry what so ever. Some people receive AOR sooner than others, and it is not necessary it will be within the 2 month time frame. We just have to be patient and go about our daily lives, whatever has to happen will happen, nothing we can do at this moment.

I am still waiting for my AOR, my application was received by CIC on October 31st, 2014(realistically I consider myself as a November applicant!)

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Could not agree with your statement more.

rmust said:
I do not think there should be any reason to worry what so ever. Some people receive AOR sooner than others, and it is not necessary it will be within the 2 month time frame. We just have to be patient and go about our daily lives, whatever has to happen will happen, nothing we can do at this moment.

I am still waiting for my AOR, my application was received by CIC on October 31st, 2014(realistically I consider myself as a November applicant!)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Zaraben said:
Good afternoon,

sometimes it takes 2-3 months to receive AOR

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
sometimes it takes 2-3 months to receive AOR
If No response in 2- 3 months. Does that mean the application is complete? have you ever come across cases where they returned applications after this time due to incompletion?
Thanks.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Nov 06 said:
If No response in 2- 3 months. Does that mean the application is complete? have you ever come across cases where they returned applications after this time due to incompletion?
Thanks.
If no response after 3 months (no paper AOR or no email AOR) it means that application is either being returned to you due to some incomplete information or it was lost during transit from CIC to your home as they return applications by regular mail.

But before jumping to conclusion, just make sure to contact CIC call centre to confirm if they can trace your application.

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
If no response after 3 months (no paper AOR or no email AOR) it means that application is either being returned to you due to some incomplete information or it was lost during transit from CIC to your home as they return applications by regular mail.

But before jumping to conclusion, just make sure to contact CIC call centre to confirm if they can trace your application.

Thanks Buddy.... I will keep my fingers crossed...