KrisinNS

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2012
Deepak K said:
My Ecas is Active today , but it shows only home address and an option for disabling the online status nothing else
Deepak K, looks like you and I are in very similar timelines. Although your application was sent over a month after mine, we have gotten email AORs and the limited eCAS access (No mention of In process etc) at around the same time.
What is your local office? Mine is Halifax.

tunshah

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Hi Everyone

I applied for my citizenship in november, I was wondering how long its taking now adays to get the test date, has anyone of the november applicants has recieved an AOR

I have some questions and would like someone to answer Please
do I have to inform CIC everytime I go out of canada

I am getting married in couple of months in pakistan, do I have to inform CIC about my wedding and do i have to send any of my wifes documents to CIC.

analystpk

Star Member
May 21, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2014
Doc's Request.
21-07-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2015 PER
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
20-07-2015 SLU
Med's Request
05-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2016
LANDED..........
July 2016
tunshah said:
Hi Everyone

I applied for my citizenship in november, I was wondering how long its taking now adays to get the test date, has anyone of the november applicants has recieved an AOR

I have some questions and would like someone to answer Please
do I have to inform CIC everytime I go out of canada

I am getting married in couple of months in pakistan, do I have to inform CIC about my wedding and do i have to send any of my wifes documents to CIC.
There is only one November application who has received AOR so far and rest are silent.

You dont need to inform CIC about all your travel immediately however you need to update them at your PER stage or the next communication stage.

Third and last, probably at MR stage CIC might ask you if there is any change in your circumstances then you can forward you wife passport along with other required documents.

Hope that answer your questions

krishnameister

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Folks,

Here is my timeline:

Citizenship application sent: Nov 7, 2014
Delivered at NS: Nov 11, 2014
Current status: Waiting for AOR

And Congrats to those who already got their AOR's and good luck to rest of us all.

Thanks,
KK

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
analystpk said:
There is only one November application who has received AOR so far and rest are silent.

You dont need to inform CIC about all your travel immediately however you need to update them at your PER stage or the next communication stage.

Third and last, probably at MR stage CIC might ask you if there is any change in your circumstances then you can forward you wife passport along with other required documents.

Check the following link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-after.asp

While we process your application, you should only contact CIC if:

you change your address,
you plan to leave Canada for more than two weeks in a row,
you are charged with a crime or
we do not contact you about your file within the posted processing times.

It means that you have to inform CIC if you are planning to go out of canada for more than 2 weeks.

fdk511

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
analystpk said:

@ analystpk, in order to reduce future confusion, please note that this thread is for citizenship applicants, and not permanent residency. PER/MR don't apply at this stage.

All the best with your application.

SubZero_2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Hey Folks,

I got an email from CIC and there is a PDF file attached to it (AOR) mentioning the following:

"This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship. Citizenship and Immigration Canada
(CIC) will review your application and supporting documents and will contact you if additional information is
required. When your application has been reviewed and has met basic eligibility, CIC will invite you to a
knowledge test, interview and/or ceremony, as applicable. ............"

My file number is C0000XXXXX, however I still cannot log into ECAS system. Do you guys know that it means they started processing the file? What should I expect next? I guess they are not going to send me any AOR and I am the in the group that will not receive anything in the mail.

Here is my information:

Received my Application: 17 November
Got the email on: 17 December

datascientist

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi SubZero_2, This is cool. so far we have two November applicants who had received email AOR.

My application was received by CIC on 18th November. Waiting for AOR.

Thanks

SubZero_2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Thanks datascientist, I also wanted to mention that my ecas is now active showing these two lines:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 19, 2014 (they received my package on 17 November).

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 17, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I hope everyone gets good news soon.

datascientist said:
Hi SubZero_2, This is cool. so far we have two November applicants who had received email AOR.

Thanks

krishnameister

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SubZero_2 said:
Hey Folks,

I got an email from CIC and there is a PDF file attached to it (AOR) mentioning the following:

"This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship. Citizenship and Immigration Canada
(CIC) will review your application and supporting documents and will contact you if additional information is
required. When your application has been reviewed and has met basic eligibility, CIC will invite you to a
knowledge test, interview and/or ceremony, as applicable. ............"

My file number is C0000XXXXX, however I still cannot log into ECAS system. Do you guys know that it means they started processing the file? What should I expect next? I guess they are not going to send me any AOR and I am the in the group that will not receive anything in the mail.

Here is my information:

Received my Application: 17 November
Got the email on: 17 December
Congrats !

abdul560

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all
i was among september group but my application was returned to me on november due to missing document ,i then sent it again on november and today i just got AOR .
good luck folks ;)

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2010
AOR Received.
April 3,2010
Med's Request
April 3, 2010
Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
May 21, 2010/Ecas: DM June 23 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
wow guys that was really fast.. :eek: getting an AOR in just a month hopefully in our case would be like that as well. Good luck! :)

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2010
AOR Received.
April 3,2010
Med's Request
April 3, 2010
Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
May 21, 2010/Ecas: DM June 23 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
Please update your timeline here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjtMxKsn6wG3dFJzMEh1Tmw2Rl92SG03TkVyUUwydHc#gid=0

Thanks

OrangeCup

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
datascientist said:

Thanks
Guys, do we know why certain people get email AOR and some get mail? Is it the city of origin? My application received November 10th and nothing still... :(