Hi konkani,

Too bad about the RQ..

Were you expecting RQ??
Do you think :
your case was a random pick for RQ
Or
you had a lot of travels?
Or
if CIC has included some new criteria to ask for RQ.

Good luck!
I just made 4 travels to USA for vacation (total 24 days). I did not include anything like NOA or T4's in my application. May be that would have triggered the RQ. I don't know for sure though.

timbermere

Sep 14, 2013
Thanks konkani for your response!

Who knows, eh?

Oh well...i am expecting RQ as well....will see what happens... i have lots of day trips to the U.S. and even CBSA report has only 20% of
what i remember and i dont even remember all the days i travelled.

I havent included anything with my application as well...

Anyways...good luck.

armaan.ahhmad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Just learned from other forums that interview officer may require entry/exit stamps stamps from UAE. Especially if the UAE visa was valid after coming to Canada. Any member had such experience?

My UAE visa was valid till 2013 but was cancelled in 2010 when we came to Canada. I have never traveled outside Canada after that. any suggestions??

ali24jan

Jan 19, 2010
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - Pakistan
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2008
Doc's Request.
21-03-2009
Med's Request
09-09-2009
Med's Done....
15-10-2009
Passport Req..
05-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
31-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-07-2010
aamer43 said:
@ ali24jan

what is your local office and how much did it cost for the finger print ?

My local office is St. Clair and it costs me around $55

konkani

Nov 25, 2013
Folks,
Any suggestions how to reply to your RQ. What documents one should send?

I am preparing to send following documents:

Notice of assessment
Bank statements
Credit card Statments
Available utility/telephone bills
Available pay stubs

Please advise if you think I should add any other documents. I read about CBSA, ITIP etc. but have no clue what all these documents are.

sara.j

May 26, 2013
armaan.ahhmad
Star Member

Ratings: +4

Re: November 2013 Citizenship Application
« Reply #347 on: March 12, 2014, 06:25:26 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote
Just learned from other forums that interview officer may require entry/exit stamps stamps from UAE. Especially if the UAE visa was valid after coming to Canada. Any member had such experience?

My UAE visa was valid till 2013 but was cancelled in 2010 when we came to Canada. I have never traveled outside Canada after that. any suggestions??
hi ,
My son past the exam and got his passport just yesterday,the only thing that they checked for U.A.E was visa cancellation ,Either the stamp on resident visa or having the cancellation paper .Obviously they are still confused for U.A.E residency visa.after they checked all his official transcripts
to confirm his physical presence in Canada.Not a big deal.He had his oath ceremony 5 days after interview.

armaan.ahhmad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Hi Sara.J

Thank you so much for your encouraging post. I am hoping to be treated the same way as you described about your son's experience. I have cancellation stamps on all my UAE visas however there is no date written on these stamps (weird eh). I am planning to get a letter from my employer with specific information on not taking any time off during the last 3 years. Lets see what happens I hope the officer will not make it an issue.

Thanks again.

sara.j said:
armaan.ahhmad
Star Member

Ratings: +4

Re: November 2013 Citizenship Application
« Reply #347 on: March 12, 2014, 06:25:26 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

hi ,
My son past the exam and got his passport just yesterday,the only thing that they checked for U.A.E was visa cancellation ,Either the stamp on resident visa or having the cancellation paper .Obviously they are still confused for U.A.E residency visa.after they checked all his official transcripts
to confirm his physical presence in Canada.Not a big deal.He had his oath ceremony 5 days after interview.

saywisdom

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
konkani said:
Folks,
Any suggestions how to reply to your RQ. What documents one should send?

I am preparing to send following documents:

Notice of assessment
Bank statements
Credit card Statments
Available utility/telephone bills
Available pay stubs

Please advise if you think I should add any other documents. I read about CBSA, ITIP etc. but have no clue what all these documents are.
I would suggest that you take a look at the useful link <a href="http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/resources-for-rq-recipients/resources-for-rq-recipients/"> "What to do if you get an RQ" </a>

sara.j

May 26, 2013
armaan.ahhmad said:
Hi Sara.J

Thank you so much for your encouraging post. I am hoping to be treated the same way as you described about your son's experience. I have cancellation stamps on all my UAE visas however there is no date written on these stamps (weird eh). I am planning to get a letter from my employer with specific information on not taking any time off during the last 3 years. Lets see what happens I hope the officer will not make it an issue.

Thanks again.
No problem Armaan .ahmad .Hopefully I can get my test date as well ,Good luck!

torontowarrior

Dec 8, 2013
I received my Oath notice letter yesterday to attend the Oath on 27th March at Mississauga. After 2 weeks of Test date i received the Oath letter. During the interview they wanted to validate US entry/exit stamp. It looks like CIC has fast access to pull CBSA report for validation.

torontowarrior said:
I cleared the test 20/20. During the interview- passport verification couple of US entry/exit stamp was missing and it was a one day trip. So the officer is going to pull the CBSA report and to validate the dates. Not sure how long does it going to take..

saywisdom

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontowarrior said:
I received my Oath notice letter yesterday to attend the Oath on 27th March at Mississauga. After 2 weeks of Test date i received the Oath letter. During the interview they wanted to validate US entry/exit stamp. It looks like CIC has fast access to pull CBSA report for validation.
Congratulations torontowarrior for the oath letter!

kefche1

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
old IELTS results for citizenship application

Hi guys,

Does any know if one can order old IELTS results from 4 years ago?

Thanks, :)

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: old IELTS results for citizenship application

kefche1 said:
Hi guys,

Does any know if one can order old IELTS results from 4 years ago?

Thanks, :)
Unfortunately, IELTS results expire after 2 years. According to their website:

[quote author=IELTS Frequently Asked Questions]
DOES THE IELTS RESULT HAVE AN EXPIRY DATE?

IELTS result is only valid for two years from the test date. This is to ensure the reliability of the test results since language skills of individuals may develop or deteriorate in a span of two years.
The IELTS system automatically deactivates IELTS result when it reaches its 2nd year. It is not possible to extend the validity of the IELTS results.

[/quote]