+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2013 Citizenship Application

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
armaan.ahhmad said:
Hi fellows,
we passed our test/interview today by the grace of God. The CIC officer is going to contact CBSA for our travel records as there were so many stamps on my passport. All these travels were before we moved to Canada but she still wanted to confirm with CBSA and we dont see any problems with it. CBSA thing should take between 48 hours to 1 week as per the CIC officer.

She also said that we should expect oath letter between 1-2 months.

Thanks everybody for help and good luck to all.
Good to see your test and interview is done within 4 month of apply. I will be applying soon. Can you let me know if applied as family? how many days you have travel in last 4 years? what are the documents you have submitted with application?

armaan.ahhmad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
We applied with exact 1095 days and did not travel outside Canada after we became PRs. We only sent documents required in the CIC check-list.

rayman_m said:
Good to see your test and interview is done within 4 month of apply. I will be applying soon. Can you let me know if applied as family? how many days you have travel in last 4 years? what are the documents you have submitted with application?

hara0322

Mar 27, 2014
2010-07-10 : PR Since
2013-11-04 : Application Sent
2013-12-xx : Request Additional Document (Language- I sent my Canada school diploma but was not applicable)
2014-02-12 : Resent

Still (2014-03-27) I didn't get any mail .
I can not check ECAS.
I try to use my client ID and PR Number, everything.
I Just worry about that reject. Sad

Nightrider

Feb 9, 2014
hara0322 said:
2013-12-xx : Request Additional Document (Language- I sent my Canada school diploma but was not applicable)

I can not check ECAS.
February applicants may start getting e-case updates soon.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hara0322 said:

I can not check ECAS.
Were you only requested the additional documents? Or did they actually return your whole application?

Unfortunately, being requested for additional information that should have been initially submitted with the application tend to delay the process by a couple of months. However, I believe you won't have to wait for too long now.
Just hang in there.

hara0322

Mar 27, 2014
boasorte said:
Were you only requested the additional documents? Or did they actually return your whole application?

Unfortunately, being requested for additional information that should have been initially submitted with the application tend to delay the process by a couple of months. However, I believe you won't have to wait for too long now.
Just hang in there.

they send me whole application.
so I send again.

torontowarrior

Dec 8, 2013
I have taken my oath and officially become Canadian. After a long marathon at-last achieved a major personal milestone.

Thanks everyone for your sharing your experience and information on this wonderful forum. All the Best to everyone for a faster processing.

DodgeCharger

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi everone, does anyone know anything about the IELTS requirement for citizenship application? what exactly it is, or how exactly to go about it?

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DodgeCharger said:
hi everone, does anyone know anything about the IELTS requirement for citizenship application? what exactly it is, or how exactly to go about it?
Please read the following: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/language-testing.asp

If you haven't taken any language test yet, I would recommend you take the CELPIP-General. It's cheaper and the easiest test around.

xzb33

Star Member
Jun 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-April-2010
AOR Received.
05- May-2010
LANDED..........
03/06/2011
boasorte said:
Please read the following: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/language-testing.asp

If you haven't taken any language test yet, I would recommend you take the CELPIP-General. It's cheaper and the easiest test around.
yes, i wrote the exam, it was very easiy

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontowarrior said:
I have taken my oath and officially become Canadian. After a long marathon at-last achieved a major personal milestone.

Thanks everyone for your sharing your experience and information on this wonderful forum. All the Best to everyone for a faster processing.
Congratulations!

S_J

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Hi RussCan,

May I know how you found out that your file was transferred to Calgary office. Did the "In-Process" Status disappeared from E-Cas or the call center folks informed you about it.

Thanks.

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
I just called them and they told me it had been transfered. I asked the guy I spoke to if the fact it was transfered ment that all the checks had been completed and evrything is fine, and that now its due for the test. He confirmed that was exactly right.