15-10-2009
Passport Req..
05-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
31-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-07-2010
rohit234 said:
I had the test today. My oath is next Tuesday! :)

I wish you all fast processing time!
Congratulations rohit, it is indeed fast processing.

torontowarrior

Dec 8, 2013
I cleared the test 20/20. During the interview- passport verification couple of US entry/exit stamp was missing and it was a one day trip. So the officer is going to pull the CBSA report and to validate the dates. Not sure how long does it going to take..

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rohit234 said:
Thanks.
My only explanation for such short processing time is the fact my spouse had applied for citizenship few months before me.
That's not likely. Local office is a huge advantage(Mississauga), and the fact you provided them with extra information may have played a huge role on speeding things up.

Congratulations! :)

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
boasorte said:
That's not likely. Local office is a huge advantage(Mississauga), and the fact you provided them with extra information may have played a huge role on speeding things up.

Congratulations! :)
I think providing all the documents made the process quick. One of my friend applied in August 2013 but no news since then.. Local Office is Mississauga.

saywisdom

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
muzmil said:
I think providing all the documents made the process quick. One of my friend applied in August 2013 but no news since then.. Local Office is Mississauga.
What I don't understand is If complementary documents can have such huge impact on the processing time, why they don't request it (or at least recommend that) with the initial application !
In the <a href="http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/multimedia/video/complete-application/complete-application.asp"> tutorial video </a> on how to send a complete application, they explicitly mentioned to not include any other documents not requested !
This is really confusing ???

armaan.ahhmad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
I dont think its only those documents that improved the process for him. Due to these papers he might not have received RQ and that helps but surely there must be other reasons for this unbelievably fast process. He and torontowarrior might just have got lucky :p

saywisdom said:
What I don't understand is If complementary documents can have such huge impact on the processing time, why they don't request it (or at least recommend that) with the initial application !
In the <a href="http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/multimedia/video/complete-application/complete-application.asp"> tutorial video </a> on how to send a complete application, they explicitly mentioned to not include any other documents not requested !

rohit234

Jan 6, 2014
saywisdom said:
I mentioned previously on this thread that submitting extra documents didn't change processing time for my spouse. So I wouldn't make any statements about how additional documents affect processing time based on one sample.

saywisdom

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rohit234 said:
I mentioned previously on this thread that submitting extra documents didn't change processing time for my spouse. So I wouldn't make any statements about how additional documents affect processing time based on one sample.
OK, I see...
Anyway with the new application form, CIT 0002 (02-2014) E, It's mandatory to add all the work and education records!
"If you answered yes (Have you worked or Have you attended school?), you must provide photocopies of your work and/or education records!"

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saywisdom said:
Thanks. You said it all!

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
rohit234 said:
Hello Everyone,

one of my closest friend had his interview today at one of the Atlantic Provinces today. I spoke to him on Monday and warned him that he needs to have his stamps translated; he was surprised and said that this is not required. I emphasized to him that is important so that the officer can review his exit and entry. He was convinced and had and went to the interview with the translated documents and HR letters.

During the interview, the officer checked everything and told him that the best thing he did was to have his stamps translated. The officer also added that she would have asked him to come back another time for another interview if he hadn;'t had the stamps translated

Another Guy was there with my friend for the interview. He had stamps translated but had only one HR letter out of several jobs he had done in Canada. She also asked him to provide the lease agreements. The officer gave him a week to provide her with those missing documents.

To Sum up, the officer literally asked him to provide a proof of residency and employment. This could be the leases and HR letters and or Notice off assessments since it shows the employer.

For my friend, she didn't ask him for all that because he had his school records, his kids school records, his wife school records, he also provided passport translations and HR letters so he was good.

I thought I would share this info with you all. I strongly recommend everyone to bring CBSA reports, HR Letters form all employers, leases and translated stamps at the interview.

Another point to add: My friend asked the officer " why you guys are not listing the translated stamps and the Taxes as part of the required documents to have on hand during the interview ?" the officer ADMITTED that lack of information provided to the applicants is part of the ISSUES they are experiencing and that CIC should do better than this. Officer also mentioned that CIC will make sure in the near future that people are well aware of those requirements.

Another surprising thing the officer said today to my friend is that " EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO STAMP HIS / HER PASSPORT WHEN EXITING CANADA. WE CAN GO TO ANY OFFICER AT THE AIRPORT AND REQUEST AND EXIT STAMP. IT IS DOABLE UPON REQUEST" this was the first time I hear about that. I am travelling to my home country in Easter for 2 weeks and I will try it out.

Please share the above information to everyone

Thanks

torontowarrior

Dec 8, 2013
One more common suggestion is kindly have your CBSA report handy during interview if there is no equivalent stamps they will delay the process further. In those situation you can hand over the CBSA report. For my case due to US entry/exit missing they are going to CBSA and verify that. :(

armaan.ahhmad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Is CBSA report advised even if we did not travel within the last 3 years?

torontowarrior said:
One more common suggestion is kindly have your CBSA report handy during interview if there is no equivalent stamps they will delay the process further. In those situation you can hand over the CBSA report. For my case due to US entry/exit missing they are going to CBSA and verify that. :(

torontowarrior

Dec 8, 2013
In the last 4 years if you have entry and exit stamp in your passport then no CBSA report is required. If any stamp is missing then CBSA report is advisable so that it doesn't delay the process.
armaan.ahhmad said:
Is CBSA report advised even if we did not travel within the last 3 years?

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
torontowarrior said:
In the last 4 years if you have entry and exit stamp in your passport then no CBSA report is required. If any stamp is missing then CBSA report is advisable so that it doesn't delay the process.
An immigration officer had mentioned to a friend of mine that we can request an exit stamp at the Airport. All we need to do is go to any CBSA officer and ask for an exit stamp and he or she will do so right away. I wish I knew this before.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry but the whole he-said-she-said is, in my opinion, pure speculation until further official notice.
Just let the process takes it own course...