+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2013 Citizenship Application

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
boasorte said:
Sorry but the whole he-said-she-said is, in my opinion, pure speculation until further official notice.
Just let the process takes it own course...
This friend of mine is my roommate so I know what I am talking about.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was referring to the officer telling your roommate all those things. Until CIC properly addresses this flawed process, everything said is mere speculation.

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
boasorte said:
I was referring to the officer telling your roommate all those things. Until CIC properly addresses this flawed process, everything said is mere speculation.
In Atlantic provinces, the number of people who were doing the test was 4. Therefore, you have a lot of time to discuss with the officer. That is how he managed to get all those info.

The officer admitted that things are pretty much screwed up when it comes to making information available for applicants. I am going on vacation in Easter for 2 weeks. I will try to stamp my passport while exiting Canada. I will let you guys know how this worked out.

pkakula

Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2009
Doc's Request.
sep 2009
AOR Received.
nov 2nd 2009
File Transfer...
sep 9th 2009
Med's Request
feb 01 2010
Med's Done....
feb 8th 2010
Passport Req..
feb 1st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
STATUS CHANGED TO DECISION MADE ON JULY 1ST
LANDED..........
july 21st 2010.
boasorte said:
Who else applied in November?

Here is my current status:

Application Sent: November 19, 2013
Application Received: November 20, 2013
My status is as follows ........I have changed my address and have updated online ......

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 8, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 8, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 6, 2014.

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
My Received line on E-Cas disappeared yesterday. I have no idea what that means and searched a lot about it and no accurate information is given. does any of you have same now?

armaan.ahhmad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
This might mean your file is being transferred to the local office. Good luck.

mrbravo said:
My Received line on E-Cas disappeared yesterday. I have no idea what that means and searched a lot about it and no accurate information is given. does any of you have same now?

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received AOR and book today. :)

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, I got another mail today. Request for fingerprints. Not very happy about this, as my file is now "non-routine" with an extended waiting time. :'(

stan7175

Feb 14, 2014
boasorte said:
Well, I got another mail today. Request for fingerprints. Not very happy about this, as my file is now "non-routine" with an extended waiting time. :'(

was it from your local office or from sydney cic?

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
boasorte said:
No finger print is a routine thing. I have seen people getting finger print requests and then getting their test few weeks after. You will find lots of people like this here in the threads.

have you checked your E-Cas? what does it say? is the receiving line still there?

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrbravo said:
No finger print is a routine thing. I have seen people getting finger print requests and then getting their test few weeks after. You will find lots of people like this here in the threads.

have you checked your E-Cas? what does it say? is the receiving line still there?
Thanks, mrbravo. I am hoping it will not make me have to wait 45 months.. haha

Received line is gone. No update on fingerprint request yet though.