November 2013 Citizenship Application

cuds

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
boasorte said:
I am sorry to hear, cuds! Send it right away with a cover letter, so that they see you had already once submitted your application.

I must say I am scared now. We share similar timeline. Now, I am thinking about all the things I might have forgotten to include.. lol

I have had the same passport since I entered Canada. I sent my expired passport only, as I have not renewed it.
Hopefully, they won't assume I have renewed it and return my application expecting to get anything from me.. I don't a new passport to give them.. haha

Good luck, and keep us posted!
No need to send a cover letter when you get your application returned. "They" staple some papers together with two of their own papers on top (one stating what you forgot and the second one asking you if you want to resubmit (option 1) or withdraw (option 2)) So it will immediately be clear that they have seen the application already. Also ... the 2 pictures where attached on the right spot in a plastic bag thingie, there was a red stamp on the first page of the application saying received November 22.

I hope you do not get your application back, IF you do I'm sure you will get it back soon (but I hope you won't!) ... I honestly didn't even think to include my expired passport, duh me!!! I send the application again same day as I got it returned, and now the waiting begins again ... I'm so upset with myself, you have no idea!

taradil

Star Member
Jul 3, 2010
hello i am planning to apply nexr months .
since i came to canada i have had two passport, the 1st expired in 2010 and it has the original visa i got when i came to canada (not PR).
i became PR in 2012.
my question is do i need to send copies of the passport with my citizenship application and if thats the case which pages ?.
Thanks

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
taradil said:
since i came to canada i have had two passport, the 1st expired in 2010 and it has the original visa i got when i came to canada (not PR).
i became PR in 2012.
my question is do i need to send copies of the passport with my citizenship application and if thats the case which pages ?.
Thanks
You should send photocopies of both.
They only require you to send photocopies of biographical pages of your passports (pages containing your name, date/place of birth etc).

cuds

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
taradil said:
i became PR in 2012.
Thanks
I got my application returned cause my current passport did not cover the 4 year period prior to applying for citizenship.

Send in both

xzb33

Star Member
Jun 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-April-2010
AOR Received.
05- May-2010
LANDED..........
03/06/2011
cuds said:
My application was received Nov 22, 2013. I got it back today, saying incomplete ... I did not send a copy of my expired passport (damn!)

Will resend today
I am sorry to hear,
my application received in Nov.22, 2013 , but I did not hear any thing from CIC

peter_h

Jan 7, 2014
Boasorte, received yesterday my notice to appear for the citizenship test in Mississauga!
It might not be 7 months for me, but looks doable for under a year at this point if I'm not asked for an RQ during or after the interview...
Yipppppppppppy (pardon my enthusiasm)!

sampao10

Nov 21, 2013
called cic call centre today and was advised that they have not yet opened the applications received after October 3rd.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
peter_h said:
Boasorte, received yesterday my notice to appear for the citizenship test in Mississauga!
It might not be 7 months for me, but looks doable for under a year at this point if I'm not asked for an RQ during or after the interview...
Yipppppppppppy (pardon my enthusiasm)!
Congratulations, my friend!!! Study, study, study! You will nail it. No doubt!

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aamer43 said:
Hi,

Anyone who sent application in Nov and his/her ecas is showing "Received" ?
Just a bit pass the 2 months mark and nothing for me yet.

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No people, nothing is slowing down.

Depending on the city you come from, the amount of people who applied at the same time and everything...it takes time!

Personally, i am from Montreal and it took almost 4 months so that they start processing my application.

sampao10

Nov 21, 2013
ramsfe said:
No people, nothing is slowing down.

Depending on the city you come from, the amount of people who applied at the same time and everything...it takes time!

Personally, i am from Montreal and it took almost 4 months so that they start processing my application.
Do they classify the applications from different places at CIO stage?I thought they process the applications all together at CIO, then transfer to different local offices.