+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2013 Citizenship Application

tuneful

Dec 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sampao10 said:
Application received on Nov. 21, 2013.
Can not track any information on CIC. I am wondering if I can only see the information display when my application is in process?
Hi Sampao,
Usually it takes 2- 2,5 months to see that a particular file is in process based on the information given by September 2013 and October 2013 applicants. Thus, you might be able to see it sometime between Jan 21 and Feb 4. In some cases it takes more than that. So it is totally normal that you cannot track on cic ecas system online now.

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In the october forum, after extensive research about previous months, we came to the conclusion that it was City related... so if you come from the GTA you are more likely to see your application on Ecas in 2 months than if you come from Montreal or vancouver

timbermere

Sep 14, 2013
I have added my timeline to the spreadsheet as well:

Application Received: Nov. 22 2013:
My City: Ottawa, ON

Good Luck to everyone!!

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
peter_h said:
Hey boasorte!.
Nice to see you again now in the citizenship process.
I'm originally from the inland spousal sponsorship thread.
Best of luck and a speedy process for you, mine started in may, 2013.
Nice to see you too, Peter_h!
Good luck to you too. You will soon be over with all this immigration thing.. :)
Keep us posted.

cuds

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application was received Nov 22, 2013. I got it back today, saying incomplete ... I did not send a copy of my expired passport (damn!)

Will resend today

ali24jan

Jan 19, 2010
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - Pakistan
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2008
Doc's Request.
21-03-2009
Med's Request
09-09-2009
Med's Done....
15-10-2009
Passport Req..
05-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
31-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-07-2010
Assalamoalaekum

Today I received AOR and "Study Guide".

Peace
Ali

sampao10

Nov 21, 2013
tuneful said:
Hi Sampao,
Usually it takes 2- 2,5 months to see that a particular file is in process based on the information given by September 2013 and October 2013 applicants. Thus, you might be able to see it sometime between Jan 21 and Feb 4. In some cases it takes more than that. So it is totally normal that you cannot track on cic ecas system online now.
Thanks, man. Good Luck!

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cuds said:
My application was received Nov 22, 2013. I got it back today, saying incomplete ... I did not send a copy of my expired passport (damn!)

Will resend today

I am sorry to hear, cuds! Send it right away with a cover letter, so that they see you had already once submitted your application.

I must say I am scared now. We share similar timeline. Now, I am thinking about all the things I might have forgotten to include.. lol

I have had the same passport since I entered Canada. I sent my expired passport only, as I have not renewed it.
Hopefully, they won't assume I have renewed it and return my application expecting to get anything from me.. I don't a new passport to give them.. haha

Good luck, and keep us posted!

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am sorry to hear, cuds! Send it back right away with a cover letter, so that they see you had already once submitted your application.

I must say I am scared now. We share similar timeline. Now, I am thinking about all the things I might have forgotten to include..

I have had the same passport since I entered Canada. I sent my expired passport only, as I have not renewed it.
Hopefully, they won't assume I have renewed it and return my application expecting to get something from me.. I don't have a new passport to give them.. haha

Good luck, and keep us posted!

peter_h

Jan 7, 2014
Thank you, boasorte!.
No updates at all.
Hey, remember Suenim from our PR days?.
She just became a citizen!. Only took her 7 months!.
She's also from Scarborough and her office was Mississauga. It appears that if your application is transferred there, you will become a citizen in 7 months.
Unfortunately that won't be my case as her and I applied at around the same time and I'm still in the dark...
Hopefully you'll be directed to Mississauga as well!.

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
peter_h said:
Thank you, boasorte!.
No updates at all.
She's also from Scarborough and her office was Mississauga. It appears that if your application is transferred there, you will become a citizen in 7 months.
Unfortunately that won't be my case as her and I applied at around the same time and I'm still in the dark...
Unfortunately I have been transferred to Scarborough.

sara.j

May 26, 2013
you gave me a heart attack as you got your AOR already and I'm not In process yet!!! as I was supposed to see Nov applicants here at this page !any way good luck guys!

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
peter_h said:
Thank you, boasorte!.
No updates at all.
That's awesome! Suenim applied for PR/got PR around the same time I did, only a couple of days apart. She must have submitted her Citizenship app. as soon as she met the requirement.

Unfortunately, I am not anywhere near that office. As a matter of fact, I live close to one of the slowest offices in Canada: CIC Halifax.

I am ok with the wait though. At least my future is not uncertain as it was while waiting for PR.. Those were stressful times!!

Don't worry. You will be fine. Better not hear anything for now than get the questionnaire..

peter_h

Jan 7, 2014
I know I'll be ok, it's just matter of time as you point out.
How's Halifax?. I've seen pics and images from tv and looks truly beautiful.
I had the chance to work in Saskatoon, but after careful review of the weather conditions all year round for somebody working outdoors and my wife's plead of not to move to that isolated part of the country, I ended up passing a very good career opp.
Ontario is very expensive (meaning Toronto). But this is where the Mrs. grew up and is happy to live in, what can I say?.
BC or Alberta woulda been interesting to move to instead, but my option was for Saskatoon.