Interview........
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Hi, Yes BG check in progress. This just got updated around end of Feb 2018.
Even for Cian and Me, the Background Check status got changed recently. Looks like IRCC has finally started working on our cases, I am hoping that we 3 should get the good news in next few weeks.

sanygair

Nov 21, 2017
New Delhi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
Dear Forummates,

I have a query from immigrants regarding fund transfer from India to Canada who have recently migrated.

1. I have got 2 travellers' card made to bear initial expenses which is for CAD 4000 each but due to limit of CAD 10000.00 per family at the initial entry, this amount is inadequate.

2. What is the procedure for online fund transfer i.e. after opening bank account in Nova Scotia? Is there any hassle in getting funds transferred from Indian account (which is still a resident account as on date and can be changed to NRO or NRE account only after a substantial time is spent in Nova Scotia) to Canadian account abroad.

3. How is the idea of bringing in International Demand draft from India for a specific amount which can be deposited in Canadian bank later? Any ideas about banking commission or fee charged for the same.

4. Any other alternate tool for fund transfer.

Kindly provide advice on above to plan my funds transfer.

Regards,

Sanygair

p_shar

Star Member
Dec 12, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 17, 2015
Doc's Request.
APRIL 03, 2017
Nomination.....
APRIL 19, 2017
Even for Cian and Me, the Background Check status got changed recently. Looks like IRCC has finally started working on our cases, I am hoping that we 3 should get the good news in next few weeks.
All the best

shakhawet

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Thanks for the info and good luck for your future Endeavors.
Dear SDKD,
Thank you very much for your very very informative post...
I have planned to land in Halifax on April 7. I rented a house in dartmouth with the help of one of my uncles living there from 1st April near crystal drive.
I am pleased to know that you also live in dartmouth. In which area your house is located and in which school your kid took admission?

Feeling happy to see you in dartmouth..

Best Regards,
Shakhawet

dpnc

Aug 28, 2016
Dear Forummates,

I have a query from immigrants regarding fund transfer from India to Canada who have recently migrated.

1. I have got 2 travellers' card made to bear initial expenses which is for CAD 4000 each but due to limit of CAD 10000.00 per family at the initial entry, this amount is inadequate.

2. What is the procedure for online fund transfer i.e. after opening bank account in Nova Scotia? Is there any hassle in getting funds transferred from Indian account (which is still a resident account as on date and can be changed to NRO or NRE account only after a substantial time is spent in Nova Scotia) to Canadian account abroad.

3. How is the idea of bringing in International Demand draft from India for a specific amount which can be deposited in Canadian bank later? Any ideas about banking commission or fee charged for the same.

4. Any other alternate tool for fund transfer.

Kindly provide advice on above to plan my funds transfer.

Regards,

Sanygair
hi,

Find the replies based on my experience:

1) The officer did not ask me POF at port of entry. With an optimistic view,if you find a job soon, that may still be sufficient :))

2) Yes, i opened a canadian bank account online from India; then did a wire transfer to that account. If you visit your indian branch and say that you want to wire transfer to your account in Canada, they will help you. Basically you need to fill up a form with all the details and amount. In this process, both my indian bank and canadain bank charged some fees. Once you land here, you visit the branch and get the account activated.

3) Yes, this is also possible;I think few people in this forum have done that too; I dont know the fees; you need to check with your bank.

4) Not sure of any other method than these: cash , TC, DD & wire transfer

Regards,
dpnc.

sanygair

Nov 21, 2017
New Delhi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
hi,

Find the replies based on my experience:

1) The officer did not ask me POF at port of entry. With an optimistic view,if you find a job soon, that may still be sufficient :))

2) Yes, i opened a canadian bank account online from India; then did a wire transfer to that account. If you visit your indian branch and say that you want to wire transfer to your account in Canada, they will help you. Basically you need to fill up a form with all the details and amount. In this process, both my indian bank and canadain bank charged some fees. Once you land here, you visit the branch and get the account activated.

3) Yes, this is also possible;I think few people in this forum have done that too; I dont know the fees; you need to check with your bank.

4) Not sure of any other method than these: cash , TC, DD & wire transfer

Regards,
dpnc.
Dear dpnc,

Hello ! Thanks for sharing the valuable information and your personal experience.

Is it better to purchase medical insurance for self and family members beforehand or on arrival in Halifax for initial period till health card is provided ?

Warm Regards,

Sanygair

Reactions: @anisha

dpnc

Aug 28, 2016
Hi,
Dear dpnc,

Hello ! Thanks for sharing the valuable information and your personal experience.

Is it better to purchase medical insurance for self and family members beforehand or on arrival in Halifax for initial period till health card is provided ?

Warm Regards,

Sanygair
hi,

Strictly speaking, you are covered for the provincial medical insurance from the day you land. So,even if you dont have the physical medical card, they may still accept you and process your case in the remote scenario where you have to visit a hospital. You can visit the msi centre and get the card on same day; this is very easy.

As for me, i did not take any medical insurance, but i did take a travel insurance for family with a validity of a month which had clauses to cover the overseas medical expenses. By grace of god, i did not had to exercise it; and i got my msi card 2 weeks after i landed.

Regards,
dpnc.

Reactions: sanygair

sanygair

Nov 21, 2017
New Delhi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
Hi,

hi,

Strictly speaking, you are covered for the provincial medical insurance from the day you land. So,even if you dont have the physical medical card, they may still accept you and process your case in the remote scenario where you have to visit a hospital. You can visit the msi centre and get the card on same day; this is very easy.

As for me, i did not take any medical insurance, but i did take a travel insurance for family with a validity of a month which had clauses to cover the overseas medical expenses. By grace of god, i did not had to exercise it; and i got my msi card 2 weeks after i landed.

Regards,
dpnc.
Dear dpnc,

Hello!

Thanks for your prompt response and valuable advice.

Regards,

Sanygair

dpnc

Aug 28, 2016
Hello All,

By grace of God, i got a job in the same field of interest and has been working for the past one week. My NOC is 2173: Software engineer.

This has been a wonderful journey started way back in 2015, which would not have been possible without this forum and its members.
I am glad to share this milestone with this forum and wish all the best for everyone...

Regards,
dpnc.

sanygair

Nov 21, 2017
New Delhi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
Hello All,

By grace of God, i got a job in the same field of interest and has been working for the past one week. My NOC is 2173: Software engineer.

This has been a wonderful journey started way back in 2015, which would not have been possible without this forum and its members.
I am glad to share this milestone with this forum and wish all the best for everyone...

Regards,
dpnc.
Dear dpnc,

Heartiest Congratulations to you & best wishes.

Regards,
Sanygair

shakhawet

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Hello All,

Regards,
dpnc.

Congrats...dpnc..hope you will share the strategy you followed to grab a job in your filed.

Best Regards,
shakhawet