Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hey Cian,
Any news from ur end , mine is same waiting mode is ON here .
Br,
G
None whatsoever... Actually fed up of mailing and asking them with no luck... So have stopped looking into the account and forum... Decided to act whenever I get the email for passport request... This is my current status from account::

Application status ::: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility ::: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results ::: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents ::: We do not need additional documents.
Interview ::: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics ::: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check ::: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision ::: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

My Background check status has changed from NA to Processing. Does this mean anything regarding to timeline or this change is useless???

Last edited:

Bolt1204

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
bolton
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
30 august 2017
Nomination.....
15august2017
AOR Received.
28 august 2017
Med's Request
22 august 2017
Med's Done....
27 august 2017
Dear Friends,

Please send me your contact email addresses or numbers in Halifax. I would like to meet up with all of you once I settle in Halifax. So many of you have helped me in my journey and I will always be grateful for all your support and invaluable assistance. Special thanks to DRajpoot and other seniors. Also to SDKD, mdzakir and cian and all others. Kindly connect with me on my email so that I can share my phone number with you. My email is hrgirl812@gmail.com
Regards & Best wishes always.
Well my email is bolton1204uk@gmail.com please share landing exp.stay in touch yhnx

vp111

Mar 13, 2018
Is there anyone who applied on Demand EE Category A?

I am trying to apply under that and had one question

My brief profile: I have 18 months experience in NOC 2282 and currently working in Nova Scotia since over 2 months in same NOC 2282 and my score is 70 which is over 67/100

On NSNP website, it says for Category A:

• have a full-time permanent skilled job offer from a Nova Scotia employer. For a job offer to be valid in Express Entry and receive points, employers will usually need an LMIA from ESDC. There are a few exceptions: cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/exempt.asp;

Question: Do I need to get LMIA from my employer? (Because I'm afraid my employer wouldn't help me with LMIA)
Is LMIA is something necessary if you're currently working in Nova Scotia?

Please reply. Your help would be much appreciated.

GSHARMA05

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
None whatsoever... Actually fed up of mailing and asking them with no luck... So have stopped looking into the account and forum... Decided to act whenever I get the email for passport request... This is my current status from account::

Application status ::: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility ::: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results ::: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents ::: We do not need additional documents.
Interview ::: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics ::: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check ::: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision ::: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

My Background check status has changed from NA to Processing. Does this mean anything regarding to timeline or this change is useless???
HI Cian,
It means you are about to get the PPR soon.
Br,
G

GSHARMA05

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Hi All,
Think I have passed the patience test successfully, today I got the PPR, it took 8 months and 23 days to get to this step of ladder . Thanks to Drajpooot, Cian, Cheyzns, SDKD and others who helped me through the journey.

Now the difficult part starts, as it’s like getting into IIM is easy but survival is difficult.

Can someone please help in below ques:
1. How much money do I need to carry to show at the time of port of entry. And is it needed to be in cash/traveller’s chèque/ draft.

Can’t I show my account statement from One of the American Bank .

2. Is it compulsory to open a bank account as soon as you reach in NS. What is the min. Amount needed to keep in that account.
Br,
G

sanygair

Nov 21, 2017
New Delhi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
Hi All,
Think I have passed the patience test successfully, today I got the PPR, it took 8 months and 23 days to get to this step of ladder . Thanks to Drajpooot, Cian, Cheyzns, SDKD and others who helped me through the journey.

Now the difficult part starts, as it’s like getting into IIM is easy but survival is difficult.

1. How much money do I need to carry to show at the time of port of entry. And is it needed to be in cash/traveller’s chèque/ draft.

2. Is it compulsory to open a bank account as soon as you reach in NS. What is the min. Amount needed to keep in that account.
Br,
G
Dear GSHARMA05,

Heartiest Congratulations!
It is really a great news for all the forum members. Your patience and perseverance has reaped fruits. Enjoy the great moment and start packing bags for NS.

Now it is CIAN's turn to get the long awaited PPR soon for which everyone in the forum is praying.

Regards,

Sanygair

GSHARMA05

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Dear GSHARMA05,

Heartiest Congratulations!
It is really a great news for all the forum members. Your patience and perseverance has reaped fruits. Enjoy the great moment and start packing bags for NS.

Now it is CIAN's turn to get the long awaited PPR soon for which everyone in the forum is praying.

Regards,

Sanygair
Thanks Sanygair, .. yes now its Cian's turn hope he will get it soon.

Could anyone here please answer to my ques.

Br,
G

vp111

Mar 13, 2018
Is there anyone who applied on Demand EE Category A?

I am trying to apply under that and had one question

My brief profile: I have 18 months experience in NOC 2282 and currently working in Nova Scotia since over 2 months in same NOC 2282 and my score is 70 which is over 67/100

On NSNP website, it says for Category A:

• have a full-time permanent skilled job offer from a Nova Scotia employer. For a job offer to be valid in Express Entry and receive points, employers will usually need an LMIA from ESDC. There are a few exceptions: cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/exempt.asp;

Question: Do I need to get LMIA from my employer? (Because I'm afraid my employer wouldn't help me with LMIA)
Is LMIA is something necessary if you're currently working in Nova Scotia?

Please reply. Your help would be much appreciated.

dpnc

Aug 28, 2016
Hi All,

Br,
G
hi G,

Following are the answers based on my personal experience:

1) My port of entry was Toronto; the officer did not ask for any financial proof; But to avoid risk, i was carrying the bank notification which indicated wire transfer from my indian bank to Scotia bank. As a general rule, we usually carry the same amount as shown in POF.

2) Not required; but the catch is that you need to build a credit history for any type of back ground check which mandates the use of a credit card which in turn requires a bank account. If you can survive without a debit or credit card, its absolutely ok. In my case, i had few CAD in currency, which i used in shops; and later started using the bank debit/credit cards once i activated my canadian account. Minimum amount may vary depending on the bank; you may check their website.

All the best and welcome to Canada.
Note: Yesterday we had a snow storm here in Halifax and no power for almost 1hr.:)) I heard many flights were cancell

Regards,
dpnc.

GSHARMA05

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
hi G,

Following are the answers based on my personal experience:

1) My port of entry was Toronto; the officer did not ask for any financial proof; But to avoid risk, i was carrying the bank notification which indicated wire transfer from my indian bank to Scotia bank. As a general rule, we usually carry the same amount as shown in POF.

2) Not required; but the catch is that you need to build a credit history for any type of back ground check which mandates the use of a credit card which in turn requires a bank account. If you can survive without a debit or credit card, its absolutely ok. In my case, i had few CAD in currency, which i used in shops; and later started using the bank debit/credit cards once i activated my canadian account. Minimum amount may vary depending on the bank; you may check their website.

All the best and welcome to Canada.
Note: Yesterday we had a snow storm here in Halifax and no power for almost 1hr.:)) I heard many flights were cancell

Regards,
dpnc.
Thanks dpnc, for the quick one.. hope you are doing well and safe after snow storm.

so will it be ok if I carry some in cash and show them my BOA statement or i should carry traveller's card. In your case did you already had scotia bank account.. or what was that bank notification about if scotia bank account is not there.
I mean how i can have such bank notification saying that wire transfer can be made to my upcoming new account, is that so?
Br,
G

Priyank123

Jul 5, 2017
hello guys i m new here so please any one give information about 4021 noc for navascotia. is there any chances for nomination or not. any employment letter is require for this noc ?

dpnc

Aug 28, 2016
Thanks dpnc, for the quick one.. hope you are doing well and safe after snow storm.

so will it be ok if I carry some in cash and show them my BOA statement or i should carry traveller's card. In your case did you already had scotia bank account.. or what was that bank notification about if scotia bank account is not there.
I mean how i can have such bank notification saying that wire transfer can be made to my upcoming new account, is that so?
Br,
G
yes, i opened an account online from india and transferred the funds; then carried the notification from the bank.
I think cash and BOA statement should do.

cian

Jun 4, 2014
Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
Ahmedabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
09-02-2017
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi All,

Br,
G
Congratulations Sharmaji... Have a blast... Looks like I am the only one left in this forum... 10 months and 15 days passed... Hoping for the best...

Intengible86

Dec 21, 2017
hi guys i m new here. i have 2 questions.
1)can anyone please tell that the 3 months bank statements can be taken before some days of opening of nsnp? it will be accepted or not? or we have to take it on the day of nsnp opens?
2)and what if we have took out the amount and deposit it again in between these 3 months ? will it be a problem?