+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

GSHARMA05

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Congrats dpnc,

Could someone please confirm, if it will be fine in case I got transferred from my current employer to Halifax and cont. to work for same company.
Also, can i travel to Toronto bi-weekly for office work, but my base location and resident address will be Halifax only.

Br,
G

princess_ca

Mar 26, 2018
Hi everyone!

I am new to this forum and the immigration process. Please forgive me if I am asking silly questions.

My CRS is 340. My IELTS CLB 7

Could anyone please tell/guide me which PNP I would be eligible to apply for?

I was checking Nova Scotia PNP - Category B (without job offer). Is the National Occupational Classification 2171 included in the Nova Scotia Occupation list?

Regards,
Princess

Last edited:

princess_ca

Mar 26, 2018
Congrats dpnc,

Could someone please confirm, if it will be fine in case I got transferred from my current employer to Halifax and cont. to work for same company.
Also, can i travel to Toronto bi-weekly for office work, but my base location and resident address will be Halifax only.

Br,
G
Hi GSHARMA05,

Can you please tell me whether it is necessary to find a job in Nova Scotia to apply for PR?

What is the outcome of a successful Nova Scotia PNP application? Will it be a direct PR or a visa with conditions (for example only if you can find a job in the NOC list then eligible for PR)

Regards,
Princess

GSHARMA05

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Hi GSHARMA05,

Can you please tell me whether it is necessary to find a job in Nova Scotia to apply for PR?

What is the outcome of a successful Nova Scotia PNP application? Will it be a direct PR or a visa with conditions (for example only if you can find a job in the NOC list then eligible for PR)

Regards,
Princess
Hi,

Only your profile needs to matched with the open NOCs , no need to secure a job to apply for PR. Most of them landed without job offer but eventually get the one.

Br,
G

princess_ca

Mar 26, 2018
Hi,

Only your profile needs to matched with the open NOCs , no need to secure a job to apply for PR. Most of them landed without job offer but eventually get the one.

Br,
G
Thanks a lot.

Please throw some light on the proof of fund requirement.

Should the proof of fund for Nova Scotia NP Category B be available at the time of express entry profile submission or is it okay to show the proof of fund once nominated?

Regards,
Princess

GSHARMA05

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Congrats dpnc,

Br,
G

Br,
G

sanygair

Nov 21, 2017
New Delhi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
Dear Forummates,

I am trying to book an accommodation through airbnb but it requires credit card no. with validity which is OK.
While entering CVV no.(3 digits), it is all visible as numbers. Is it safe and secure?
I haven't booked through airbnb in the past. Kindly advise (who have experience in it) if the procedure above is OK and safe.

Regards
Sanygair

GSHARMA05

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Dear Forummates,

I am trying to book an accommodation through airbnb but it requires credit card no. with validity which is OK.
While entering CVV no.(3 digits), it is all visible as numbers. Is it safe and secure?
I haven't booked through airbnb in the past. Kindly advise (who have experience in it) if the procedure above is OK and safe.

Regards
Sanygair
Hi Sanygair,
I have booked it before for some other countries, never got a problem with that, think you can do just keep an eye on ur credit transactions by checking the transactions online frequently in case ur same registered mobile number is not working in NS.
Br,
G

Reactions: sanygair

cian

Jun 4, 2014
Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
Ahmedabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
09-02-2017
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi Adigautam

Whats the status?

Thanks
Cian

dpnc

Aug 28, 2016

Br,
G
Should not be a problem; yes many people do that...

dpnc

Aug 28, 2016
Dear Forummates,

Regards
Sanygair
As far as my experience goes, Airbnb is safe and secure...but yes, keep a watch on your credit card transactions...to be safe..

Reactions: sanygair

dpnc

Aug 28, 2016
Congrats...dpnc..hope you will share the strategy you followed to grab a job in your filed.

Best Regards,
shakhawet
I used linked-in effectively to make contacts and for applying job...i searched in linked-in for people in NS working in my domain...when sending the linked in invitations, i put a personal message that i am new in NS and searching for job in 'so and so' domain..people responded...I also prepared a resume which included my canadian phone numbers and address...this way prospective employers where sure where i was and how to reach me....
Before landing, i also prepared a list of companies/firms in my domain and their contacts....after landing, tried to reach them one by one...also contacted my community people who are settled here to advertise my resume through their network....

sanygair

Nov 21, 2017
New Delhi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
Hi Sanygair,
I have booked it before for some other countries, never got a problem with that, think you can do just keep an eye on ur credit transactions by checking the transactions online frequently in case ur same registered mobile number is not working in NS.
Br,
G
Thank u so much GSHARMA05.

Regards,
Sanygair