+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
Hi all

I am sorry my friends that I have posted that post out of the subject here in this forum, I just posted cause it was something I found very very helpful.
But again I was wrong . Dear all I would like to say everyone again whatever I wrote in last 3 years and why i am here, I am not getting any advantage so please try to change your thinking People are not every time help to get advantage, there are still people exist who understands others and still dont want others to face those problems which they faced. Anyway I cant change the world.

Good luck my friends and I really appreciate those who are silent readers now cause that's the best thing to do. No bad experience you will ever face.

-D

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
Hi

Is there anyone from India planing to land in Halifax in March ? OR struggling to get accommodation. Please PM me as I am moving somewhere else and this apartment is very nice and good for couple or single specially when you are new in Halifax.
Its a bit awkward post in this forum but just because I am moving somewhere else and I found this apartment is very good so just thought to inform

Best regards
D
Its gone so please void this post. and again sincerely apologize for posting something out of the topic.

SDKD

Mar 15, 2016
UAE
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2015
Doc's Request.
24/02/2017
Nomination.....
24/03/2017
AOR Received.
08/02/2017
Med's Done....
11/04/2017, Passed on 04/08/2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Its gone so please void this post. and again sincerely apologize for posting something out of the topic.
Hai D...

For me its not a bad post or its out of the topic....you just helping people....its fine to help others know about the availability of accommodation...as me know the difficulties in finding a new one...dont think negatively....really its a good thing...

SDKD

Reactions: Meow20

Begs

Star Member
Oct 13, 2017
Hai Friends....

How are you all???Hope everyone is doing well.

For last 2 months I was going through a bad condition thats why I was not able to connect you all... We were in UAE and my spouse lost the job and we planned to move to India. So we went to India and decided to move to Canada soon...

On Feb 14th we arrived in Canada....our immigration was in Montreal. We waited there for more than 1 hr for the procedures but they were very cooperative. They will ask how much money you have...you can carry $3000 per head(in cash) and remaining you can bring through travelers card(visa) and/or in DD.They asked us to provide the address as we dont have any they told to update later . They given a paper regarding the sites and were we can update our permanent address.

One thing we did is we booked a room in Motel for 4 nights in Dartmouth....as it was very easy for us to take a taxi from airport and we went to the Motel.

On the next day we went to take sim card but they need SIN number so next day we went to Service Canada in Dartmouth and took our SIN after that we didnt get time to go to take Medical card. So on that day we went to take sim card.On 19th here they were having holiday so on 20th we went to MSI for taking Medical card, we informed them that we dont have permanent address(we gave one of my friend's clients address). They told just call and inform them when we have our permanent address. Upto 19th morning only we had access to our Motel so we extended for 2 days(as its very expensive, per day it cost about $90-95)...We started searching an accommodation....as we need month to month basis and most apartment people preferring annually...at last we found in Dartmouth which is month to month on 20th and we agreed to occupy on 21st itself. So on 20th we call NS power to provide electricity and they told it takes 5days to get power. I requested them and they told they will try and if I need it early they will charge extra. However we shifted to our new accommodation on 21st and the management was very kind and told if we didnt get current they will provide it alternatively. By God's grace we got power at the noon itself.

So next was to find the internet connection....so on 23rd we got that tooo....after this me searched for schooling for my kid....found one its 10-12min walk but they are also very cooperative in all the way and its yesterday she joined the new school. On last week only we took a bank account...

Regarding job we are applying but no response upto now and its yesterday we had an appointment in ISANS....Actually when you come here its easy to commute everywhere through public transport, here its called transit....for traveling(newcomers) you need mobile with data and you have to install google map app...by this its very easy to commute anywhere in NS. We studied these all things by self experience. Moreover, first time when i travelled I was not aware how to indicate to stop in a particular busstop because each stop they will announce and even displays and its later I understood that we have to pull the yellow wire down:D...You will get ticket or bus pass from Shopperes(its a store here)...for adult and kid you will get it. So if you give the ticket they give u a receipt and u can travel with the same receipt in other buses upto the time indicated below the receipt..if the time is above that you again have to give the ticket and get the receipt.

Another thing is people here are so kind and any help they will guide you....dont worry about the money ...you an carry as much...but by cash its only $3000....if you all are 3 then you can carry $9000.If you bring travels card with VISA on it so that you can purchase things and grocery with this card. Without knowing anything we came here as we didnt get time to search because we planned to come here on March mid but our plan was droped.

In India we didnt get time and had some personal issues otherwise I would have informed to all about my trip....sorry friends....People who arrived here already will understand that after coming here 2-3 weeks we will be busy in settling our things.....Now I am little bit okay and the only thing is a job...hope at the right time He will:)....

Now I am here...will keep in touch....

Cian how are you??Any news....Dont worry Cian...lets hope for the best....you will get it..

SDKD
Thanks for sharing your experience.. hope you find the job you want as soon as possible..

Haadiya

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016
Thanks for shari
Hai Friends....

For last 2 months I was going through a bad condition thats why I was not able to connect you all... We were in UAE and my spouse lost the job and we planned to move to India. So we went to India and decided to move to Canada soon...

On Feb 14th we arrived in Canada....our immigration was in Montreal. We waited there for more than 1 hr for the procedures but they were very cooperative. They will ask how much money you have...you can carry $3000 per head(in cash) and remaining you can bring through travelers card(visa) and/or in DD.They asked us to provide the address as we dont have any they told to update later . They given a paper regarding the sites and were we can update our permanent address.

One thing we did is we booked a room in Motel for 4 nights in Dartmouth....as it was very easy for us to take a taxi from airport and we went to the Motel.

On the next day we went to take sim card but they need SIN number so next day we went to Service Canada in Dartmouth and took our SIN after that we didnt get time to go to take Medical card. So on that day we went to take sim card.On 19th here they were having holiday so on 20th we went to MSI for taking Medical card, we informed them that we dont have permanent address(we gave one of my friend's clients address). They told just call and inform them when we have our permanent address. Upto 19th morning only we had access to our Motel so we extended for 2 days(as its very expensive, per day it cost about $90-95)...We started searching an accommodation....as we need month to month basis and most apartment people preferring annually...at last we found in Dartmouth which is month to month on 20th and we agreed to occupy on 21st itself. So on 20th we call NS power to provide electricity and they told it takes 5days to get power. I requested them and they told they will try and if I need it early they will charge extra. However we shifted to our new accommodation on 21st and the management was very kind and told if we didnt get current they will provide it alternatively. By God's grace we got power at the noon itself.

So next was to find the internet connection....so on 23rd we got that tooo....after this me searched for schooling for my kid....found one its 10-12min walk but they are also very cooperative in all the way and its yesterday she joined the new school. On last week only we took a bank account...

Regarding job we are applying but no response upto now and its yesterday we had an appointment in ISANS....Actually when you come here its easy to commute everywhere through public transport, here its called transit....for traveling(newcomers) you need mobile with data and you have to install google map app...by this its very easy to commute anywhere in NS. We studied these all things by self experience. Moreover, first time when i travelled I was not aware how to indicate to stop in a particular busstop because each stop they will announce and even displays and its later I understood that we have to pull the yellow wire down:D...You will get ticket or bus pass from Shopperes(its a store here)...for adult and kid you will get it. So if you give the ticket they give u a receipt and u can travel with the same receipt in other buses upto the time indicated below the receipt..if the time is above that you again have to give the ticket and get the receipt.

Another thing is people here are so kind and any help they will guide you....dont worry about the money ...you an carry as much...but by cash its only $3000....if you all are 3 then you can carry $9000.If you bring travels card with VISA on it so that you can purchase things and grocery with this card. Without knowing anything we came here as we didnt get time to search because we planned to come here on March mid but our plan was droped.

In India we didnt get time and had some personal issues otherwise I would have informed to all about my trip....sorry friends....People who arrived here already will understand that after coming here 2-3 weeks we will be busy in settling our things.....Now I am little bit okay and the only thing is a job...hope at the right time He will:)....

Cian how are you??Any news....Dont worry Cian...lets hope for the best....you will get it..

SDKD

Thanks for sharing your experience and all the best!

ravi4919

Feb 22, 2018
Hi all...
I have a query regarding filling my name in NSNP 100 form.

My name on documents is sukhdev singh.
But in my job its sukhdev singh sidhu.

What should i fill in Family name column, Given name column, Other Family Names and Other Given Names columns?

Thanks and Regards in advance.
Hi sukhdev
Hi all...
I have a query regarding filling my name in NSNP 100 form.

My name on documents is sukhdev singh.
But in my job its sukhdev singh sidhu.

What should i fill in Family name column, Given name column, Other Family Names and Other Given Names columns?

Thanks and Regards in advance.
Hi Sukhdev,

you have done your PG from gyan suresh university. Is it assessed by wes ?

rgds

sanygair

Nov 21, 2017
New Delhi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
Dear SDKD,

It was pleasant to see your detailed email on your initial days experience in Halifax which is really very informative.

Kindly provide information on following points also if possible :
1. Do we need to prepare a list of each and every article being carried in the suitcase or handbag ?
2. Is there need to provide the pricing information for each article ?
3. Did you book the accommodation for initial stay for 3-4 days before departure or after landing ?

Regards,

Sanygair

SDKD

Mar 15, 2016
UAE
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2015
Doc's Request.
24/02/2017
Nomination.....
24/03/2017
AOR Received.
08/02/2017
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Dear SDKD,

It was pleasant to see your detailed email on your initial days experience in Halifax which is really very informative.

Kindly provide information on following points also if possible :
1. Do we need to prepare a list of each and every article being carried in the suitcase or handbag ?
2. Is there need to provide the pricing information for each article ?
3. Did you book the accommodation for initial stay for 3-4 days before departure or after landing ?

Regards,

Sanygair
Hai Sanygair,

Sorry for late response...
1. Its better to keep a record of things in each suitcase as sometimes they may ask whats all things are there in your particular suitcase so roughly indicate in a paper for your reference and its better to put numbers in your trolley bags so that you can easily tell them what all thins are there. For ex: If they ask what all things in 'Trolley 2' then you can take out the list and tell them like...dresses, vessels, plates etc. Dont need to write it briefly in your list just indicate the things.

2. No need. They will ask you that you have furniture or expensive things you sent from your home country...I hope you wont...so just tell them only you have your luggage and bags.

3. Yes me booked a motel in Dartmouth for 4 nights before departure...as you dont need pay online just sent them a confirmation that you will be coming on so and so and will be there there at XXXX(means the time).You just need to pay when you reach the Motel reception. If you and your family are coming together its better to book a motel before you come.

Thanks
SDKD

Reactions: Begs

SDKD

Mar 15, 2016
UAE
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2015
Doc's Request.
24/02/2017
Nomination.....
24/03/2017
AOR Received.
08/02/2017
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Thanks for sharing your experience.. hope you find the job you want as soon as possible..
Thanks and hope so...

SDKD

SDKD

Mar 15, 2016
UAE
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2015
Doc's Request.
24/02/2017
Nomination.....
24/03/2017
AOR Received.
08/02/2017
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting....

sanygair

Nov 21, 2017
New Delhi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
Hai Sanygair,

Sorry for late response...
1. Its better to keep a record of things in each suitcase as sometimes they may ask whats all things are there in your particular suitcase so roughly indicate in a paper for your reference and its better to put numbers in your trolley bags so that you can easily tell them what all thins are there. For ex: If they ask what all things in 'Trolley 2' then you can take out the list and tell them like...dresses, vessels, plates etc. Dont need to write it briefly in your list just indicate the things.

2. No need. They will ask you that you have furniture or expensive things you sent from your home country...I hope you wont...so just tell them only you have your luggage and bags.

3. Yes me booked a motel in Dartmouth for 4 nights before departure...as you dont need pay online just sent them a confirmation that you will be coming on so and so and will be there there at XXXX(means the time).You just need to pay when you reach the Motel reception. If you and your family are coming together its better to book a motel before you come.

Thanks
SDKD
Dear SDKD,

Hello ! Thank you very much for your response which is not only helpful for me but also for future immigrants who are planning to land shortly in Halifax. I understand that you must be too much preoccupied now-a-days in getting settled but taking out time out of your busy schedule and helping the community is indeed great.

My best wishes to you and your family members.

Warm Regards,

Sanygair

SDKD

Mar 15, 2016
UAE
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2015
Doc's Request.
24/02/2017
Nomination.....
24/03/2017
AOR Received.
08/02/2017
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Dear SDKD,

Hello ! Thank you very much for your response which is not only helpful for me but also for future immigrants who are planning to land shortly in Halifax. I understand that you must be too much preoccupied now-a-days in getting settled but taking out time out of your busy schedule and helping the community is indeed great.

My best wishes to you and your family members.

Warm Regards,

Sanygair
Thanks Sanygair....:)

cian

Jun 4, 2014
Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
Ahmedabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
09-02-2017
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hai Friends....

SDKD
No updates whatsoever... Its been 9 months and 12 days now... Frustrated acutally not on waiting but due to no reply from them... Hope you are doing well... My friend got job in 2 months, so dont worry...