+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
Hi Everyone

I was reading some previous post and found some members have issues regarding transit visa to cross Europe and UK while travelling to Canada.
All Indian national travelling to Canada via Europe or UK do not need to have transit visa as you are not going to outside airport. As far as you do not want to go out no transit visa is required.
There is no valid term "Visa stamping" and "Foreign passport " as per my understanding in immigration process of any country.
Visa Stamping is used only in specific situation such as you need to extend your stay and other issues and each countries have different process for stamping so please do not get confuse and tensed by looking other countries what they are doing for their visa processing.

Overall I would like to say All member who are Indian national Please do not worried about transit visa if you are travelling to Canada through Europe or UK. Make sure book your luggage direct to Toronto or Halifax so that you do not need to collect and re checked in Europe or UK

If your first landing port in Canada is Halifax you are fine. If your first landing port in Canada is other then Halifax then you have to collect your baggage at that port and then recheck in again Because you are going to travel to Halifax from your landing port in domestic flight inside Canada

Best regards
DRajpoot

Reactions: sanygair

holygrail15

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
hello everyone! question to successful NSNP nominees, did you reduce the file size of your PDF files? I got mine over 20MB for 1 file. I might have problems uploading my documents when category b opens. TIA!

dpnc

Aug 28, 2016
Hello All,

I landed in Halifax yesterday with my family after travelling half way around the globe...The london-> toronto flight landed late due to bad weather and i missed my connection to halifax...so the airline booked me in another flight the next day; which was also delayed due to bad weather..:-( paper work at toronto was staright forward; baggage was bit delayed; since we had lot of time, claiming and rechecking was not an issue...today went to the bank and activated my account; bought groceries and started cooking :) now relaxing and searching for home...:) all the best to other travelers and welcome to Canada...

note: security check in london is very tedious and slow; be prepared for long queues and cabin bag searches...

regards,
dpnc.

cian

Jun 4, 2014
Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
Ahmedabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
09-02-2017
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi

I received my GCMS notes. Still security and eligibility shows `Not Started`.

8 months and 7 days has passed.

shakhawet

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Hello All,

I landed in Halifax yesterday with my family after travelling half way around the globe...The london-> toronto flight landed late due to bad weather and i missed my connection to halifax...so the airline booked me in another flight the next day; which was also delayed due to bad weather..:-( paper work at toronto was staright forward; baggage was bit delayed; since we had lot of time, claiming and rechecking was not an issue...today went to the bank and activated my account; bought groceries and started cooking :) now relaxing and searching for home...:) all the best to other travelers and welcome to Canada...

note: security check in london is very tedious and slow; be prepared for long queues and cabin bag searches...

regards,
dpnc.

Hello DPNC,
Congrats for landing safely in Halifax.Can you describe a bit about paper work in Toronto? Just what papers they asked you to show and what formalities you did there.by the by,as you are looking for home..currently where are you living now..what sort of arrangement you did for housing?In which area you are preferring to rent a house/apartment?

Take care,
Shakhawet

blessed RN

Jan 15, 2017
Hi everyone,

Just got my COPR together with my printed visa and I already booked my flight on February 18, 2017. It has been 3 years and 4 months trying every possibilities to have Canadian PR. Finally, this is my sweetest victory. Thank you so much for all the help, advises, and moral support. I am overwhelmed and thankful to God. I am praying that everyone here in the forum will receive their PPR soon (especially cian and Gsharm05). God bless to everyone.See you all in Halifax

blessed RN

Jan 15, 2017
Hi everyone,

Just got my COPR together with my printed visa and I already booked my flight on February 18, 2017. It has been 3 years and 4 months trying every possibilities to have Canadian PR. Finally, this is my sweetest victory. Thank you so much for all the help, advises, and moral support. I am overwhelmed and thankful to God. I am praying that everyone here in the forum will receive their PPR soon (especially cian and Gsharm05). God bless to everyone.See you all in Halifax[/QUO

Hi Cheyz....congrats on your PPR.
I also share a similar timeline to you and I thank God for making a way.
I am also traveling on the 18th of Feb.
If it is ok with you maybe we can meet up.

Thanks
Blessed.

blessed RN

Jan 15, 2017
Congrats Ishie23 ... hope I will also get my PPr soon.. almost same timeline as urs.. all the best for ur life in NS
Br,
G

Gsharma.....
I understand the pain and frustration of waiting and waiting.....just wanted to let you know that it is more likely than not that will get your PPR.From what my friend told me.....if the application is this far out.....the chances of refusal are slim.
Hang in there....you will get your PPR.
All the best.

Regards
Blessed.

GSHARMA05

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Gsharma.....
I understand the pain and frustration of waiting and waiting.....just wanted to let you know that it is more likely than not that will get your PPR.From what my friend told me.....if the application is this far out.....the chances of refusal are slim.
Hang in there....you will get your PPR.
All the best.

Regards
Blessed.
Thanks a ton Blessed for the wishes.
Br,
G

dpnc

Aug 28, 2016
Hello DPNC,
Congrats for landing safely in Halifax.Can you describe a bit about paper work in Toronto? Just what papers they asked you to show and what formalities you did there.by the by,as you are looking for home..currently where are you living now..what sort of arrangement you did for housing?In which area you are preferring to rent a house/apartment?

Take care,
Shakhawet
hi,

Basically the officer will examine your passports and the COPR docs. First, I was asked to wait in the lounge till the time the officer was reviewing and (may be) updating their system. Then I was called along with family and asked to sign on my COPR and kids'. Then officer told me to update the permanent address later so that PR card can be sent. The whole process nearly took 15-20mnts.

Currently I am staying at a temporary accommodation in Dartmouth which I booked through airbnb. I am searching for houses near Halifax downtown/clayton area where there are good schools. Today I managed to get a SIM card and a number to start the house hunting. The COPR doc and passport is sufficient to get post paid SIM card. Otherwise you can also opt for pre-paid SIM which does not require any documentation.

I used Halifax transit buses to get around which is ok for short commutes. Next step is to get SIN and medical stuff sorted out.

regards,
dpnc.

Reactions: sanygair

cian

Jun 4, 2014
Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
Ahmedabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
09-02-2017
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
8 months and 10 days passed. Received gcms notes. Criminality and Medicals passed. Eligibility and Security shows Not Started as current status.

Majda1986

Feb 10, 2018
BiH
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Does anyone know when is going to be reopen NSNP occupation in demand program this year?
Good luck to those who are already in process EE!

pakimom

Aug 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
Dear Friends,

Please send me your contact email addresses or numbers in Halifax. I would like to meet up with all of you once I settle in Halifax. So many of you have helped me in my journey and I will always be grateful for all your support and invaluable assistance. Special thanks to DRajpoot and other seniors. Also to SDKD, mdzakir and cian and all others. Kindly connect with me on my email so that I can share my phone number with you. My email is hrgirl812@gmail.com
Regards & Best wishes always.

Reactions: Bolt1204 and cian

Fatima007

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-10-2015
Nomination.....
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
25-01-2017
Interview........
hopefully none
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Dear Friends,

Please send me your contact email addresses or numbers in Halifax. I would like to meet up with all of you once I settle in Halifax. So many of you have helped me in my journey and I will always be grateful for all your support and invaluable assistance. Special thanks to DRajpoot and other seniors. Also to SDKD, mdzakir and cian and all others. Kindly connect with me on my email so that I can share my phone number with you. My email is hrgirl812@gmail.com
Regards & Best wishes always.
Exactly what I came back here for. Have been in Halifax for over 2 months now. This thread had such a positive impact on my waiting time. You guys were indeed helpful. It will be nice to connect sometime. My email too is boladegbite@yahoo.com. All the best

@cian take heart, it will surely come I can understand how this feels, the gcms notes may not reflect the exact position as sometimes they havent updated it. we will surely celebrate with you very soon!

Reactions: cian