Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Exactly what I came back here for. Have been in Halifax for over 2 months now. This thread had such a positive impact on my waiting time. You guys were indeed helpful. It will be nice to connect sometime. My email too is boladegbite@yahoo.com. All the best

@cian take heart, it will surely come I can understand how this feels, the gcms notes may not reflect the exact position as sometimes they havent updated it. we will surely celebrate with you very soon!

Hope so Fatima and Paki mom... Thanks

Ishie23

Dec 18, 2014
congrats! filipino here as well but currently here in AU. :) please update us with your landing experience. wishing you a smooth transition. :)
Hello cheyz_ns!
How are you in NS? I remembered your flight was last Feb 18. Hopefully you’re fine and smoothly transitioning there.

Reactions: cheyz_ns

dpnc

Aug 28, 2016
hi,

Basically the officer will examine your passports and the COPR docs. First, I was asked to wait in the lounge till the time the officer was reviewing and (may be) updating their system. Then I was called along with family and asked to sign on my COPR and kids'. Then officer told me to update the permanent address later so that PR card can be sent. The whole process nearly took 15-20mnts.

Currently I am staying at a temporary accommodation in Dartmouth which I booked through airbnb. I am searching for houses near Halifax downtown/clayton area where there are good schools. Today I managed to get a SIM card and a number to start the house hunting. The COPR doc and passport is sufficient to get post paid SIM card. Otherwise you can also opt for pre-paid SIM which does not require any documentation.

I used Halifax transit buses to get around which is ok for short commutes. Next step is to get SIN and medical stuff sorted out.

regards,
dpnc.
Hi All,

Armed with a phone number, i started my house hunting and started visiting the properties; few alone; other with family depending on the climate. I also took help from few of my country people/community people to take final decision. Finally i decided on one apartment;signed the lease; and will be shifting this weekend. Also enrolled my daughter to the nearest school. They asked me for the novascotia health card, which i did not have; So next day visited the msi centre and got the cards for all family members. Then submitted the copy to school to complete the admission process. She will start school next week. On another day i just visited on of the service canada centres and got the SIN for all family members. Then updated the SIN in the bank as they had asked for it. So kind of getting settled now and getting used to weather. :)
Prayers to those who are still waiting; your day will come;

Regards,
dpnc.

andrewjoseph

Jul 29, 2017
NOC Code......
Hello Seniors,

Now that I have got the Nomination, I have a few follow up questions to ask, please do help me as always :) --

(i) Do I need to send any email to NSOI or my Nominee Officer that I have accepted the Nomination in IRCC tool?
(ii) My Wife has only the Given Name and no Surname/Last Name in her passport, can anyone with similar case (Self/Spouse) help me know how should I be entering the name in the IRCC Application? Should I give the Given Name of Passport as the Last Name in CIC and leave the First Name field blank in CIC?
(iii) I do not see any option/field where I can enter my kid's information in MyCIC Application. Where should I enter the kid information?

Thanks in advance for your help & guidance.

Regards,
Aditya
Hi Aditya,
How did you managed without Surname/Last Name.
Did you mentioned LNU(as no Last Name)?
Nsnp application is not allowing without entering Last Name(Any help on this)

cian

Jun 4, 2014
Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
Ahmedabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
09-02-2017
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi GSharma

Any updates of your application?

sidhusukhdev123

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
Hi all...
I have a query regarding filling my name in NSNP 100 form.

My name on documents is sukhdev singh.
But in my job its sukhdev singh sidhu.

What should i fill in Family name column, Given name column, Other Family Names and Other Given Names columns?

Thanks and Regards in advance.

Mohamed khalf

Sep 13, 2017
Greetings,

I received a request from cic to scan and send a bio-data pages for me and my family passports , Do i have to scan all passports pages , or only the first page ?.

regards

Last edited:

Bolt1204

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
bolton
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
30 august 2017
Nomination.....
15august2017
AOR Received.
28 august 2017
Med's Request
22 august 2017
Med's Done....
27 august 2017
Dear Friends,

Please send me your contact email addresses or numbers in Halifax. I would like to meet up with all of you once I settle in Halifax. So many of you have helped me in my journey and I will always be grateful for all your support and invaluable assistance. Special thanks to DRajpoot and other seniors. Also to SDKD, mdzakir and cian and all others. Kindly connect with me on my email so that I can share my phone number with you. My email is hrgirl812@gmail.com
Regards & Best wishes always.

Bolt1204

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
bolton
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
30 august 2017
Nomination.....
15august2017
AOR Received.
28 august 2017
Med's Request
22 august 2017
Med's Done....
27 august 2017
Best of luck and do Shae ur landing experience...

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
Hi

Is there anyone from India planing to land in Halifax in March ? OR struggling to get accommodation. Please PM me as I am moving somewhere else and this apartment is very nice and good for couple or single specially when you are new in Halifax.
Its a bit awkward post in this forum but just because I am moving somewhere else and I found this apartment is very good so just thought to inform

Best regards
D

cheyz_ns

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Hello cheyz_ns!
How are you in NS? I remembered your flight was last Feb 18. Hopefully you’re fine and smoothly transitioning there.
Hi everyone, I arrived in Toronto last Feb 18. Everything went well. I am staying in Winnipeg from Feb 19 until today, I am planning to move in Halifax next week. See you guys in NS soon.

SDKD

Mar 15, 2016
UAE
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2015
Doc's Request.
24/02/2017
Nomination.....
24/03/2017
AOR Received.
08/02/2017
Med's Done....
11/04/2017, Passed on 04/08/2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Hai Friends....

How are you all???Hope everyone is doing well.

For last 2 months I was going through a bad condition thats why I was not able to connect you all... We were in UAE and my spouse lost the job and we planned to move to India. So we went to India and decided to move to Canada soon...

On Feb 14th we arrived in Canada....our immigration was in Montreal. We waited there for more than 1 hr for the procedures but they were very cooperative. They will ask how much money you have...you can carry $3000 per head(in cash) and remaining you can bring through travelers card(visa) and/or in DD.They asked us to provide the address as we dont have any they told to update later . They given a paper regarding the sites and were we can update our permanent address.

One thing we did is we booked a room in Motel for 4 nights in Dartmouth....as it was very easy for us to take a taxi from airport and we went to the Motel.

On the next day we went to take sim card but they need SIN number so next day we went to Service Canada in Dartmouth and took our SIN after that we didnt get time to go to take Medical card. So on that day we went to take sim card.On 19th here they were having holiday so on 20th we went to MSI for taking Medical card, we informed them that we dont have permanent address(we gave one of my friend's clients address). They told just call and inform them when we have our permanent address. Upto 19th morning only we had access to our Motel so we extended for 2 days(as its very expensive, per day it cost about $90-95)...We started searching an accommodation....as we need month to month basis and most apartment people preferring annually...at last we found in Dartmouth which is month to month on 20th and we agreed to occupy on 21st itself. So on 20th we call NS power to provide electricity and they told it takes 5days to get power. I requested them and they told they will try and if I need it early they will charge extra. However we shifted to our new accommodation on 21st and the management was very kind and told if we didnt get current they will provide it alternatively. By God's grace we got power at the noon itself.

So next was to find the internet connection....so on 23rd we got that tooo....after this me searched for schooling for my kid....found one its 10-12min walk but they are also very cooperative in all the way and its yesterday she joined the new school. On last week only we took a bank account...

Regarding job we are applying but no response upto now and its yesterday we had an appointment in ISANS....Actually when you come here its easy to commute everywhere through public transport, here its called transit....for traveling(newcomers) you need mobile with data and you have to install google map app...by this its very easy to commute anywhere in NS. We studied these all things by self experience. Moreover, first time when i travelled I was not aware how to indicate to stop in a particular busstop because each stop they will announce and even displays and its later I understood that we have to pull the yellow wire down:D...You will get ticket or bus pass from Shopperes(its a store here)...for adult and kid you will get it. So if you give the ticket they give u a receipt and u can travel with the same receipt in other buses upto the time indicated below the receipt..if the time is above that you again have to give the ticket and get the receipt.

Another thing is people here are so kind and any help they will guide you....dont worry about the money ...you an carry as much...but by cash its only $3000....if you all are 3 then you can carry $9000.If you bring travels card with VISA on it so that you can purchase things and grocery with this card. Without knowing anything we came here as we didnt get time to search because we planned to come here on March mid but our plan was droped.

In India we didnt get time and had some personal issues otherwise I would have informed to all about my trip....sorry friends....People who arrived here already will understand that after coming here 2-3 weeks we will be busy in settling our things.....Now I am little bit okay and the only thing is a job...hope at the right time He will:)....

Now I am here...will keep in touch....

Cian how are you??Any news....Dont worry Cian...lets hope for the best....you will get it..

SDKD

manpreetcan

Jul 5, 2016
Hai Friends....

How are you all???Hope everyone is doing well.

For last 2 months I was going through a bad condition thats why I was not able to connect you all... We were in UAE and my spouse lost the job and we planned to move to India. So we went to India and decided to move to Canada soon...

On Feb 14th we arrived in Canada....our immigration was in Montreal. We waited there for more than 1 hr for the procedures but they were very cooperative. They will ask how much money you have...you can carry $3000 per head(in cash) and remaining you can bring through travelers card(visa) and/or in DD.They asked us to provide the address as we dont have any they told to update later . They given a paper regarding the sites and were we can update our permanent address.

One thing we did is we booked a room in Motel for 4 nights in Dartmouth....as it was very easy for us to take a taxi from airport and we went to the Motel.

On the next day we went to take sim card but they need SIN number so next day we went to Service Canada in Dartmouth and took our SIN after that we didnt get time to go to take Medical card. So on that day we went to take sim card.On 19th here they were having holiday so on 20th we went to MSI for taking Medical card, we informed them that we dont have permanent address(we gave one of my friend's clients address). They told just call and inform them when we have our permanent address. Upto 19th morning only we had access to our Motel so we extended for 2 days(as its very expensive, per day it cost about $90-95)...We started searching an accommodation....as we need month to month basis and most apartment people preferring annually...at last we found in Dartmouth which is month to month on 20th and we agreed to occupy on 21st itself. So on 20th we call NS power to provide electricity and they told it takes 5days to get power. I requested them and they told they will try and if I need it early they will charge extra. However we shifted to our new accommodation on 21st and the management was very kind and told if we didnt get current they will provide it alternatively. By God's grace we got power at the noon itself.

So next was to find the internet connection....so on 23rd we got that tooo....after this me searched for schooling for my kid....found one its 10-12min walk but they are also very cooperative in all the way and its yesterday she joined the new school. On last week only we took a bank account...

Regarding job we are applying but no response upto now and its yesterday we had an appointment in ISANS....Actually when you come here its easy to commute everywhere through public transport, here its called transit....for traveling(newcomers) you need mobile with data and you have to install google map app...by this its very easy to commute anywhere in NS. We studied these all things by self experience. Moreover, first time when i travelled I was not aware how to indicate to stop in a particular busstop because each stop they will announce and even displays and its later I understood that we have to pull the yellow wire down:D...You will get ticket or bus pass from Shopperes(its a store here)...for adult and kid you will get it. So if you give the ticket they give u a receipt and u can travel with the same receipt in other buses upto the time indicated below the receipt..if the time is above that you again have to give the ticket and get the receipt.

Another thing is people here are so kind and any help they will guide you....dont worry about the money ...you an carry as much...but by cash its only $3000....if you all are 3 then you can carry $9000.If you bring travels card with VISA on it so that you can purchase things and grocery with this card. Without knowing anything we came here as we didnt get time to search because we planned to come here on March mid but our plan was droped.

In India we didnt get time and had some personal issues otherwise I would have informed to all about my trip....sorry friends....People who arrived here already will understand that after coming here 2-3 weeks we will be busy in settling our things.....Now I am little bit okay and the only thing is a job...hope at the right time He will:)....

Now I am here...will keep in touch....

Cian how are you??Any news....Dont worry Cian...lets hope for the best....you will get it..

SDKD
Thanks for the info and good luck for your future Endeavors.