+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

Hatem Abu Nusair

Nov 21, 2015
nksnaresh said:
:(

Just got an email from NS office..my application has been rejected as per below.

I strongly believe that I am the victim of NOC0231 and NOC2171 dilemma.

Can I appeal to re-open my file?

The Nova Scotia Office of Immigration

(NSOl) has assessed your application and has refused your application based on the following:

No points could be awarded for work experience. You do not meet the requirement of

achieving 67 points under the six selection factors. You have received a maximum of

Age —12; Education —23; English —20; work experience —0; Arranged Employment in

You have demonstrated work experience in NOC 0231 Computer and Information

Systems Managers and not NOC 2171 Information Systems Analysts and Consultants.

The Province of Nova Scotia will be nominating a limited number of people under the Nova

Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) this year. It is essential that we choose candidates who meet

the eligibility criteria, as these individuals are considered likely to best contribute to the

economic development and growth of the province and to successfully establish themselves.

As your application has been refused, your file has been closed.
Oh sorry to hear that :( did you apply under NOC 0231 or NOC 2171?

Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nksnaresh said:

Just got an email from NS office..my application has been rejected as per below.

(NSOl) has assessed your application and has refused your application based on the following:

No points could be awarded for work experience. You do not meet the requirement of

achieving 67 points under the six selection factors. You have received a maximum of

The Province of Nova Scotia will be nominating a limited number of people under the Nova

Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) this year. It is essential that we choose candidates who meet

the eligibility criteria, as these individuals are considered likely to best contribute to the

economic development and growth of the province and to successfully establish themselves.

So sorry for the outcome..Don't give up there are other opportunities.

LOVK

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-01-2017 (upfront)
Skywalker_RT said:
Nearly all provinces in Canada offer good opportunities for IT professionals. Eventually, some areas have better employment statistics than others. In the case of Nova Scotia and Saskatchewan, both are reasonably good for IT. It's just a matter of choosing the place which pleases you more. We can't deny, however, that Saskatchewan is doing a far better job in processing PN applicants than NS. Many people who applied 2 weeks ago have already received their nominations through SK, while NS is still processing May candidates, although they will likely move faster during the coming months.

hi skywalker, is it ok to apply for PN in Saskatchewan while waiting for the AOR in NS? will it cause any problem like misrepresentation? i am thinking to have a plan B. I applied for a FSW in Toronto last 2014, but after 3 months of waiting my file was returned to me because the cap. for my occupation was full. I don't want it to happen again :'(

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LOVK said:
hi skywalker, is it ok to apply for PN in Saskatchewan while waiting for the AOR in NS? will it cause any problem like misrepresentation? i am thinking to have a plan B. I applied for a FSW in Toronto last 2014, but after 3 months of waiting my file was returned to me because the cap. for my occupation was full. I don't want it to happen again :'(
In fact, many people who applied to NS have also applied to SK. Most got their nominations through SK, but some have even been given the opportunity to choose which one they wanted at the time of nomination. It seems you just need to show proof that you have withdrawn your application to the other province. If your file is not accessed by SK, it wouldn't be even necessary to do that. Likewise for your SK application, regarding NS. It's not a misrepresentation as long as you don't accept both at the same time. On the other hand, you have to tell them about past applications by the time you apply. But keep in mind that NS applications are treated as EOIs until the AOR. Therefore, you don't need to mention your NS application to SK as long as it's not being processed.

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nksnaresh said:
I applied under 2171 and my work experience letter also matches with the JD defined in the NOC 2171.
It's sad to hear that! Do you have any idea on why have they considered your occupation as managerial instead of technical/professional? Maybe your job title or something like that.

vivu_2014

Sep 21, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
Doc's Request.
06-07-2016
Nomination.....
12-08-2016
AOR Received.
03-09-2016
nksnaresh said:

Sorry to hear that. Please do not give up. Experts may guide you. When did your application reach to NS?

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paulosky said:
hi skywalker whatz d latest aor news,last date in may to receive aor thanks
The SS is updated. Wzqsun received AOR last Thursday, from a May 14 application. I have just heard on a WhatsApp group that most NSOI officers are on vacation, returning on January 5, but I can't confirm that.

Paulosky

Aug 23, 2015
thanks skywalker for the info i believe the info is true cause i noticed the slow processing i already attributed that to end of year festivities

cathy2tt

Dec 9, 2015
Skywalker_RT said:
It's sad to hear that! Do you have any idea on why have they considered your occupation as managerial instead of technical/professional? Maybe your job title or something like that.
I don't think job title is important, sometimes titles means nothing. VO judge the work experience by the job descriptions listed in the reference letter not the job title. I think the applicant should double check if the JD he listed matches with NOC he applied.

cathy2tt

Dec 9, 2015
nksnaresh said:

I'm sorry to hear that. But I'm curious that why your work expeience was defined as 0? How many years of work have you had in total? I mean that if they define you as manager, do you have any work experience before a manager? If you can't claim the score of 15, is it possible to claim 12 or 9?

nksnaresh

Jul 1, 2015
Skywalker_RT said:
Yes, My designation is "Sr. Assistant Vice President" for my current job and for my previous job, it was "Head of Application Architecture".

nksnaresh

Jul 1, 2015
cathy2tt said:
I'm sorry to hear that. But I'm curious that why your work expeience was defined as 0? How many years of work have you had in total? I mean that if they define you as manager, do you have any work experience before a manager? If you can't claim the score of 15, is it possible to claim 12 or 9?
My total work experience is 15+ years, but I only submitted revised experience reference letter for my current and previous company only. Altogether 7 years.

cathy2tt

Dec 9, 2015
nksnaresh said:
My total work experience is 15+ years, but I only submitted revised experience reference letter for my current and previous company only. Altogether 7 years.
I don't think title counts. But you should make sure that your description in the reference letter matches with 2171...At least 70% matches