+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

cathy2tt

Dec 9, 2015
Skywalker_RT said:
That refers to the other streams, as they clearly state that NS Demand intake is being halted.

In short:
- NS Demand is being halted until an unknown date, as a means to clear the backlog.
- All streams (except NS Demand and Family Business Worker, as the later was closed definitely) are right now accepting online applications.
- They are going to accept both paper-based and online applications until June 2016. Afterwards, only online applications will be accepted.
Hi Skywalker, thank you for your analysis. Does it mean that all the applicants received before Dec 17 will get an AOR?

mapleback

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Jun 2015
Nomination.....
01 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
03 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
01 Dec 2015
Passport Req..
01 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16 Feb 2016
cathy2tt said:
Hi Skywalker, thank you for your analysis. Does it mean that all the applicants received before Dec 17 will get an AOR?
Yes, on the condition that their applications passed "Completeness"

motocheck

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Hi Guys could you please let me know if I am eligible for Nova Scoita PNP program

About me :
IELTS : CLB Level 8
Education : WES evaluated Masters degree. I did education from India
Work exp : 2171 NOC 4 years plus

Please guys .my work experience and education is from India.. am I eligible for PNP

Hatem Abu Nusair

Nov 21, 2015
Hatem Abu Nusair said:
Dear Experts,

I need your help regarding the timelines for processing the nomination applications and the subsequent processing through CIC. I have sent my application for the demand stream on Aug 23rd 2015. The application was received by the NS immigration office on Aug 26th 2015. looking at the current situation, it's highly probable that i receive a nomination in the period between Jan - Mar 2016, assuming that i get the nomination in mar 2016 ; how much time would be needed to process my PR through CIC? I am asking since i have a concern that my IELTS test report issued in Aug 16th 2014 wouldn't suffice until it reaches the review stage by CIC. Shall I take the IELTS exam again so i have a valid test report for the steps following the nomination?
Hello Experts,

Can you please address my question?

Thanks Ahead.

Maverickjo

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hatem Abu Nusair said:
Hello Experts,

Can you please address my question?

Thanks Ahead.
Hi Hatem, once you get a nomination and your score is increased, then will get invited the next ITA takes place.. Well, assuming you get your nomination as you said below by March 2016, then you have 60 days to submit your PR application.

For the language test, as long as its still within the TWO years from the date of the test you are good, however, and this is my personal opinion here, if you are in a good mode to have the Ielts again, do it .. try to even improve your score just in case it doesnt work out with NS (hopefully not) ..

So in this case you dont waste your time .. Good lcuk,,

Hatem Abu Nusair

Nov 21, 2015
Maverickjo said:
Hi Hatem, once you get a nomination and your score is increased, then will get invited the next ITA takes place.. Well, assuming you get your nomination as you said below by March 2016, then you have 60 days to submit your PR application.

For the language test, as long as its still within the TWO years from the date of the test you are good, however, and this is my personal opinion here, if you are in a good mode to have the Ielts again, do it .. try to even improve your score just in case it doesnt work out with NS (hopefully not) ..

So in this case you dont waste your time .. Good lcuk,,
Thanks Maverickjo,

having read your comment, i understand that if i submit my online PR application before Aug 2016; it would be OK. as a matter of fact, my IELTS overall band score is 7.5 (r 8 L 8 W 6.5 S 7.5) so it is pretty good. The point that is still causing some confusion to me is wither the test report shall be valid upon applying for the PR or it should be valid when the review process by CIC immigration officer starts?

Last question, do you have any idea regarding the validity period of nomination certificates issued by NS immigration office?

Thanks Ahead.

oksma

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
Hatem Abu Nusair said:
Thanks Maverickjo,

having read your comment, i understand that if i submit my online PR application before Aug 2016; it would be OK. as a matter of fact, my IELTS overall band score is 7.5 (r 8 L 8 W 6.5 S 7.5) so it is pretty good. The point that is still causing some confusion to me is wither the test report shall be valid upon applying for the PR or it should be valid when the review process by CIC immigration officer starts?

Last question, do you have any idea regarding the validity period of nomination certificates issued by NS immigration office?

Thanks Ahead.
The validity period for the IELTS depends on when you wrote it. Basically it is 2years from the time you wrote. So, if your result is within this two year period, then be assured that you don't need to write another one as long as your profile on EE remains valid and is processed. Even if your profile expires(as it has 1 year validity), and your English result is still valid, you have nothing to worry as you will simply register for another EE profile using same or changed parameters. Then, if your English test result expires before you reach CIC express entry processing( say after nomination), then, you must show that you meet the English Language requirement to be eligible to remain in the EE pool. Remember also that your NS nomination can be withdrawn if CIC advises them that you no longer meet the eligibilty criteria to immigrate to Canada as a highly skilled worker. Hence, you need to do your calculation well and prepare to get any document that may expire by the time you reach EE ITA stage to forestall unnecessary delays.

Moreover, the validity for NS nomination and ofcourse all provincial nominations with regards to EE should be within the length of time that your profile is active in EE. Reason being that all nominations must occur in the EE. So, if your profile is expired or ineligible based on expired English score, then, your nomination is as good as irrelevant since you cannot use it in EE.

Hope this helps. Regards

Maverickjo

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oksma said:
The validity period for the IELTS depends on when you wrote it. Basically it is 2years from the time you wrote. So, if your result is within this two year period, then be assured that you don't need to write another one as long as your profile on EE remains valid and is processed. Even if your profile expires(as it has 1 year validity), and your English result is still valid, you have nothing to worry as you will simply register for another EE profile using same or changed parameters. Then, if your English test result expires before you reach CIC express entry processing( say after nomination), then, you must show that you meet the English Language requirement to be eligible to remain in the EE pool. Remember also that your NS nomination can be withdrawn if CIC advises them that you no longer meet the eligibilty criteria to immigrate to Canada as a highly skilled worker. Hence, you need to do your calculation well and prepare to get any document that may expire by the time you reach EE ITA stage to forestall unnecessary delays.

Moreover, the validity for NS nomination and of course all provincial nominations with regards to EE should be within the length of time that your profile is active in EE. Reason being that all nominations must occur in the EE. So, if your profile is expired or ineligible based on expired English score, then, your nomination is as good as irrelevant since you cannot use it in EE.

Hope this helps. Regards

Hatem Abu Nasir.. in response on your question above, YES It has an expiry date, NS immigration office gives 6 Months validity on their letters, not sure about other provinces.. What i suggest you to do in your case, once you get Nomination go and get your Police Certificate (which usually takes more time than other requirements, as well as your certificates in English OR translated in english.. this way you can apply right after you get an ITA..

BUT tell me here, have you received an AOR?

Good luck again!

oksma, the expiry of the letter is not related in the above sense to the express entry profile validity, its 6 months from the date of nomination for NS. dont know if they have a certain considerations or something..

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
motocheck said:
Hi Guys could you please let me know if I am eligible for Nova Scoita PNP program

About me :
IELTS : CLB Level 8
Education : WES evaluated Masters degree. I did education from India
Work exp : 2171 NOC 4 years plus

Please guys .my work experience and education is from India.. am I eligible for PNP
Apparently you are. But right now the stream is paused, as they want to clear the backlog from this year. Keep checking this thread and www.novascotiaimmigration.com to hear about any changes.

oksma

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
Maverickjo said:

Hatem Abu Nasir.. in response on your question above, YES It has an expiry date, NS immigration office gives 6 Months validity on their letters, not sure about other provinces.. What i suggest you to do in your case, once you get Nomination go and get your Police Certificate (which usually takes more time than other requirements, as well as your certificates in English OR translated in english.. this way you can apply right after you get an ITA..

Good luck again!

oksma, the expiry of the letter is not related in the above sense to the express entry profile validity, its 6 months from the date of nomination for NS. dont know if they have a certain considerations or something..
Oh thanks for that clarification

motocheck

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Skywalker_RT said:
Apparently you are. But right now the stream is paused, as they want to clear the backlog from this year. Keep checking this thread and www.novascotiaimmigration.com to hear about any changes.
Hey skywalker many thanks.. am a bit worried about which state to choose from

could you please advise as which state is good .. Nova Scotia or Saskatchaven .. I am a IT professional 2171 NOC code.

would be greatfull for ur guidance. .. Merry Xmas in advance

Thanks,
Austin Rodrigues

Hatem Abu Nusair

Nov 21, 2015
Maverickjo said:

Good luck again!

Thanks Maverickjo,

Didn't receive an AOR yet. However, I expect to get the AOR any time between Jan and Mar 2016 as I am an August applicant. What about you?

Maverickjo

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hatem Abu Nusair said:
Thanks Maverickjo,

Didn't receive an AOR yet. However, I expect to get the AOR any time between Jan and Mar 2016 as I am an August applicant. What about you?

You are welcome Hatem.. I applied for PR before two months.. but nothing yet.. hopefully things will move smoothly for everyone here..

Good Luck..

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
motocheck said:
Hey skywalker many thanks.. am a bit worried about which state to choose from

could you please advise as which state is good .. Nova Scotia or Saskatchaven .. I am a IT professional 2171 NOC code.

would be greatfull for ur guidance. .. Merry Xmas in advance

Thanks,
Austin Rodrigues
Nearly all provinces in Canada offer good opportunities for IT professionals. Eventually, some areas have better employment statistics than others. In the case of Nova Scotia and Saskatchewan, both are reasonably good for IT. It's just a matter of choosing the place which pleases you more. We can't deny, however, that Saskatchewan is doing a far better job in processing PN applicants than NS. Many people who applied 2 weeks ago have already received their nominations through SK, while NS is still processing May candidates, although they will likely move faster during the coming months.

nksnaresh

Jul 1, 2015
:(

Just got an email from NS office..my application has been rejected as per below.

I strongly believe that I am the victim of NOC0231 and NOC2171 dilemma.

Can I appeal to re-open my file?

The Nova Scotia Office of Immigration

(NSOl) has assessed your application and has refused your application based on the following:

No points could be awarded for work experience. You do not meet the requirement of

achieving 67 points under the six selection factors. You have received a maximum of

Age —12; Education —23; English —20; work experience —0; Arranged Employment in

You have demonstrated work experience in NOC 0231 Computer and Information

Systems Managers and not NOC 2171 Information Systems Analysts and Consultants.

The Province of Nova Scotia will be nominating a limited number of people under the Nova

Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) this year. It is essential that we choose candidates who meet

the eligibility criteria, as these individuals are considered likely to best contribute to the

economic development and growth of the province and to successfully establish themselves.

As your application has been refused, your file has been closed.