+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

poonam_nagrani

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
Saske said:
I am looking for information on the condition of Job market for IT professionals in NS. I have heard that the market is small and opportunities are not many. What can an ETL( Extract, Transform and Load ) developer expect to get in NS?
Check on indeed.ca .. you got it right job market is not that rosy :)

Saske

Sep 3, 2015
Does anybody know how long it takes to get an ITA from Express Entry, once one has received a nomination certificate from a province. Basically I need an idea on that because I would need to get a PCC from the UK. Now the catch is that CIC does not accept a PCC older than 3 months. So I do want to get the PCC neither too early nor too late.

Saske

Sep 3, 2015
poonam_nagrani said:
Check on indeed.ca .. you got it right job market is not that rosy :)
Thanks Poonam for the reply. I did check on indeed, Workopolis and monster. The scene does not appear to be encouraging for IT professionals. But it seems there quite a few jobs out there for Java and .NET people. Are there any other job portals you can recommend? I want to assess the risks and challenges associated with job search in NS

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Saske said:
Does anybody know how long it takes to get an ITA from Express Entry, once one has received a nomination certificate from a province. Basically I need an idea on that because I would need to get a PCC from the UK. Now the catch is that CIC does not accept a PCC older than 3 months. So I do want to get the PCC neither too early nor too late.
If you're like me and you received your nomination on a Friday.....your ITA could come as early as the same day (which it did for me). Not a huge deal though as you have 60 days to submit your documentation. Not too sure how long it takes to get one from the UK but worst case scenario...from nomination to ITA would be a couple of weeks.

Saske

Sep 3, 2015
Iamsuresh55 said:
Hi friends I am Suresh, got provincial nomination from Nova Scotia, I got Passport request on 31 aug 2015. Yesterday I submitted my docs. at Vfs chennai. Do anyone of you going to Nova Scotia?.., Plz do reply to this post. Thank you.
Hello Suresh,

Can you please let me know, under which stream you applied? I applied under NS Demand: Express Entry. I want to know that once somebody gets a nomination certificate from NS, how long does NS take to give ITA. Is there also an option to wait for applying for PR with CIC after receiving Nomination Cert from NS. I ask so coz I remember to have read somewhere on the NSNP website, that once you have the nomination cert, you need to apply with CIC for a PR in 6 months time. Does this apply to express entry route as well?

Iamsuresh55

Jun 10, 2015
Hi frndz, I had applied for NS PNP and got the provincial nomination on May 13 2015. I got PPR on aug 31st. Do anyone of you got nomination from Nova scotia?..,

prempaulj

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Earth
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Virsa said:
Hi Suresh,

Congratulation!!!! I have submitted my Passport through VFS Chennai and I got my Visa. Please get in touch with me.

My details are available in the spread sheet row no.16

Thanks,
Congratulations Virsa,

It is good to hear about you and a positive signal for all of us to know about the final stage, Visa stamping.

May I know what are the stages and duration that are involved after Medical exam gets Passed.
How did you send your passport to Vfs Chennai. Did you go in person or courier (which courier)?
Did you have any interview? What is the next step after Visa stamping?

Kindly assist.

Thanks and best wishes,
Paul

prempaulj

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Earth
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Iamsuresh55 said:
Hi frndz, I had applied for NS PNP and got the provincial nomination on May 13 2015. I got PPR on aug 31st. Do anyone of you got nomination from Nova scotia?..,
Hello Suresh,

Many of us got nomination from NovaScotia. Check the Spreadsheet in my signature.

poonam_nagrani

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
Saske said:
Thanks Poonam for the reply. I did check on indeed, Workopolis and monster. The scene does not appear to be encouraging for IT professionals. But it seems there quite a few jobs out there for Java and .NET people. Are there any other job portals you can recommend? I want to assess the risks and challenges associated with job search in NS

Agree, Job market is not that promising. Besides, skilled labour is not handy either. So its even on both side. Whatever comes you have to be ready to grab your hands on. Would recommend making connection on linkedin (recruiters in Nova Scotia.).

Additionally if you are in india or any other country who got IT companies, you can contact locally by demonstrating your authorization to work in NS canada. Who knows you might end up getting some big mnc hiring you for their client.

Kind Regards
Poonam

lyndzkiel

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
Hi RIDDYMON, i just want to ask you when will be the deadline for your submission of PCC to CIC? I am an applicant from saudi arabia and im waiting from the CIC to send me a request letter to get a PCC.

lyndzkiel

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
Here's my timeline forumates:
by the way I am a filipino applicant working here in Riyadh Saudi Arabia

NSNP-EE

jan19-send application to NSOI
via DHL
jan23-received at NSOI
may22-AOR from NSOI
july13-received
Intends to Refuse Letter(15days)
july22-sent additional documents
july23-nomination from NSOI
july28-received a nomination letter
august7-ITA received(960)(60days)
august30-medical exam(EDE-Family)
august30-sent online
application(CAD1,040)
august30-AOR received
august31-requested sched4 & 4a
september2-medical passed
september2-submitted sched4 & LOE
september2ECAS access-In Process(4lines)

ryan.esquieres

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
Sorry for the late update.

I just got nominated last August 27,2015. Pls update the ss. Thanks!

Hoping to get the ITA for the next draw.

Any news if they had reach the cap?

GODBLESS US ALWAYS!