+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

VRKK

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016
VRKK,

I think this target date is given based on your medical done one year back...not sure if there is any provision to extend this date and you may need to get your medical test done again.

One question : How much time it takes to get COPR after submission of passport to embassy?
I sent passports on 13.9.2017
Received msg for collection on 22.9.2017

pakimom

Aug 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
Hai Pakimom,

Long time no see... hw r you?? Any updation in your application?? Did you know anyone got PRR for April applicants??

SDKD
HI SDKD.....I just found out that my file has now been moved to London Visa Office. Over there they haven't touched PNP files from February yet...they are so slow.

Tnj26

Jan 16, 2016
Hi guys!

Can someone help me figuring out in which stage am I in? My info and timeline below:

AOR: April 01, 2017
Medical passed and processing BG: July 18, 2017

Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Not applicable.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Bit stressed and confused about in which stage i am or how long will it take.
Regards,
My AOR: March 07,2017
Medical Passed: June,2017
But still Background check is Not Applicable, don't know when will get my PPR

harry592

Dec 6, 2014
Hi VRKK,
Visa cannot be extended. You must cross canada point of entry before or on due date else your visa will be void. Once you have landed you can return back if you want.

Cheers n congrats,
Kushal
Kushal, One question. As per my understanding, visa provided for landing is only for one time entry. Once applicant get PR card, then only it becomes multiple entry. Till then applicant need to stay in Canada. Pls share more details if you have.

p_shar

Star Member
Dec 12, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 17, 2015
Doc's Request.
APRIL 03, 2017
Nomination.....
APRIL 19, 2017
Kushal, One question. As per my understanding, visa provided for landing is only for one time entry. Once applicant get PR card, then only it becomes multiple entry. Till then applicant need to stay in Canada. Pls share more details if you have.
After landing in Canada you will get a landing paper right away. and that is valid for a year or so. That paper you can use as a PR as a proof wherever required until you get you PR card. Even you can come back next day to back home and use that paper as a proof while traveling.

pakimom

Aug 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
Hai Pakimom,

Long time no see... hw r you?? Any updation in your application?? Did you know anyone got PRR for April applicants??

SDKD
Hi SDKD....My Application was sent to London Visa Office on the 14 of September. Till now no updates - but everyone says London Visa Office is the slowest.....so the wait continues..Sigh

ham90

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Visa Office......
UKVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
14-12-2017
Med's Request
04-01-2018
Did you guys have any news about opening of online portal of Nova Scotia Demand Category B

SDKD

Mar 15, 2016
UAE
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2015
Doc's Request.
24/02/2017
Nomination.....
24/03/2017
AOR Received.
08/02/2017
Med's Done....
11/04/2017, Passed on 04/08/2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Hi SDKD....My Application was sent to London Visa Office on the 14 of September. Till now no updates - but everyone says London Visa Office is the slowest.....so the wait continues..Sigh
Hai Pakimom,

Thanks for your response....Actually I didnt hear any updates for April applicant....How long we are waiting....:(:(

If any updates comes plz share..

SDKD

stranger2307

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
07-07-2017
Med's Done....
Passed on 16-08-2017
Hi all,

Here is my timeline. I guess it will be a long wait for me since April and May applicant hasnt even got their PPR yet.

AOR : 07/07/2017
Medical Passed : 16/08/2017
Stream: PNP-inland (NSPNP)
Visa office: Ottawa

I think I'm in IP1 since I dont see any changes to my status even since I passed medical exam

Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
After landing in Canada you will get a landing paper right away. and that is valid for a year or so. That paper you can use as a PR as a proof wherever required you get you PR card. Even you can come back next day to back home and use that paper as a proof while traveling.
@harry592: after getting PR card you never need any visa to enter in Canada. However before getting PR card (After landing) you can also go back to your home country but you would need visa again to enter in Canada which is called Permanent resident Travel Document so if you dont get PR card and you traveled back to your home country or any other country then you need to apply PRTD from that country to enter in Canada again.
@p_shar : As far as I know there is no term exist as "landing paper" so I really do not know what is that. When you land in Canada they fill landing information in your COPR letter and stamped that. And thats the only proof that you landed and become Permanent Resident and it s clearly mentioned in that paper that its Not valid for travel

regards
D

p_shar

Star Member
Dec 12, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 17, 2015
Doc's Request.
APRIL 03, 2017
Nomination.....
APRIL 19, 2017
@harry592: after getting PR card you never need any visa to enter in Canada. However before getting PR card (After landing) you can also go back to your home country but you would need visa again to enter in Canada which is called Permanent resident Travel Document so if you dont get PR card and you traveled back to your home country or any other country then you need to apply PRTD from that country to enter in Canada again.
@p_shar : As far as I know there is no term exist as "landing paper" so I really do not know what is that. When you land in Canada they fill landing information in your COPR letter and stamped that. And thats the only proof that you landed and become Permanent Resident and it s clearly mentioned in that paper that its Not valid for travel

regards
D
Thanks for the updates D. I heard about landing paper from the guy who got PR 6 years ago. CIC might have changed this.

cian

Jun 4, 2014
Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
Ahmedabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
09-02-2017
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Tomorrow should be some good news for few people... Let's hope...