+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

MarvelMagnum

Star Member
Oct 15, 2015
Visa Office......
Toronto
MASF said:
I had the same situation as you and I addressed it the same as you had and I had no issues. At first I did not present any letter but when the nomination officer asked for it, I sent an email explaining that I was unable to get a letter from the company. The nomination officer responded and one of the options/he provided was a letter from my past supervisor.

I was nominated 3 days after submitting that letter.

Best of luck.
You sounded like an angel there, mate. Thank you so much for sharing that encouraging experience. Know that someone will sleep well today :) I hope everything works out just as well for me.

kzehra

May 8, 2014
Hello
Thanks God that I have recieved nomination on 8th Oct
Nomination number is within 250.
Admins plz update the SS

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hr31 said:
Thankyou so much for your reply Skywalker_RT :) can you please give me the link that where it is written that the current applications will go in queue for next year? I will be grateful :)
I got that information asking them by e-mail. Here is the exact answer they gave me:

- We have received many more applications than 650, we have not cap on the total number of applications we will received only on what we can nominate this year. If an application is not processed this year under our 650 cap then it will remain in the queue to be assessed in the new year when CIC gives the provinces their new quota of nominations.
- The stream is not closed.

khayz2015

Oct 16, 2015
Hello! I Finally got reply from Nova Scotia this month after 8 months of waiting. I would just like to share my experience and ask for your input, ideas, and suggestions for the remaining process. We (my husband and 1 kid) applied last year for FSW 2014 NOC 0113/Purchasing Manager. Unfortunately I lacked 2 months to complete 6 years of work experience last year so I lost 2 points and fell below the min. required point. This year I applied for NS prov. nominee program under express entry.

Below are my timeline:
File submitted: Feb 24, 2015
Received : Feb 26, 2015
AOR : Oct 7, 2015 with request to update proof of funds and organize NOC/ Work experience for the last 10 years and submit within 5 days.(I was able to comply within the time frame given)

Additional doc request: Oct 14, 2015. For submission within 10 days. Points 52, since my Work experience is being re-assessed so 0 points for work experience until I comply with all the additional docs points will be re-evaluated. I have been working for the same NOC for 7 years now.

List of additional docs:
1. Updated COE with number of hours worked, benefits list, annual salary (for the last 10 years of employment)
My question is what can I provide the nominee officer if one of the companies I worked for has already closed? I do have a certificate of employment for the said company. However, does not state all the details they require. Can I simply submit a notarized affidavit that the company is already closed and I cannot provide them additional details for this specific employment? What alternative or proof can I present?

2. NOC Code.
My current NOC code is 0113. Purchasing Manager. This NOC is not on Appendix 1 (NOC List of Nova Scotia). However, this falls under NOC
1225 Purchasing Agents and Officer based on NS Appendix 1. I did not change the NOC in my application now since on my FSW profile last year it has been 0113. Can I just explain to the officer in this manner and state that my intended NOC code for NS is 1225?

3. Adaptability and intention to settle in Nova Scotia
* What research have you done about Nova Soctia (What points should we consider aside from Housing, employment, school, healthcare system, transportation, climate?)

* Have you contacted any community groups in NS? If yes which ones. (Is it better if you simply say No, if there's really no one you've contacted. We don't have any friends or relative from NS for that matter but we are continually doing research. Or is it better if I get in touch with the group there from my country of origin?

I know a lot of other applicants have gone through this stage successfully. Could you kindly advise as to how I can completely address and answer the questions, details they are looking for accordingly?

Any input, idea or suggestion is much appreciated. Thanks in advance and best of Luck to all of us! :)

I will enter my data in the spreadsheet in a while.

MASF

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
khayz2015 said:
Hello! I Finally got reply from Nova Scotia this month after 8 months of waiting. I would just like to share my experience and ask for your input, ideas, and suggestions for the remaining process. We (my husband and 1 kid) applied last year for FSW 2014 NOC 0113/Purchasing Manager. Unfortunately I lacked 2 months to complete 6 years of work experience last year so I lost 2 points and fell below the min. required point. This year I applied for NS prov. nominee program under express entry.

Below are my timeline:
AOR : Oct 7, 2015 with request to update proof of funds and organize NOC/ Work experience for the last 10 years and submit within 5 days.(I was able to comply within the time frame given)

Additional doc request: Oct 14, 2015. For submission within 10 days. Points 52, since my Work experience is being re-assessed so 0 points for work experience until I comply with all the additional docs points will be re-evaluated. I have been working for the same NOC for 7 years now.

List of additional docs:
1. Updated COE with number of hours worked, benefits list, annual salary (for the last 10 years of employment)
My question is what can I provide the nominee officer if one of the companies I worked for has already closed? I do have a certificate of employment for the said company. However, does not state all the details they require. Can I simply submit a notarized affidavit that the company is already closed and I cannot provide them additional details for this specific employment? What alternative or proof can I present?

Provide them with a letter from your former supervisor if you can get one. You can also provide your original offer letter if it has your duties listed.
2. NOC Code.
My current NOC code is 0113. Purchasing Manager. This NOC is not on Appendix 1 (NOC List of Nova Scotia). However, this falls under NOC
1225 Purchasing Agents and Officer based on NS Appendix 1. I did not change the NOC in my application now since on my FSW profile last year it has been 0113. Can I just explain to the officer in this manner and state that my intended NOC code for NS is 1225?
You should be able to as long as the duties you currently perform match noc 1225

* What research have you done about Nova Soctia (What points should we consider aside from Housing, employment, school, healthcare system, transportation, climate?)

You can also consider Cost of living in NS versus other provinces, family activities can be considered as well you mention accompanying dependent and NS is known as one of the best places to raise a family in Canada (This info is on their website)

* Have you contacted any community groups in NS? If yes which ones. (Is it better if you simply say No, if there's really no one you've contacted. We don't have any friends or relative from NS for that matter but we are continually doing research. Or is it better if I get in touch with the group there from my country of origin?
I said no but I also told them about the groups and program I am interested in joining if I got nominated.

I know a lot of other applicants have gone through this stage successfully. Could you kindly advise as to how I can completely address and answer the questions, details they are looking for accordingly?

Any input, idea or suggestion is much appreciated. Thanks in advance and best of Luck to all of us! :)

khayz2015

Oct 16, 2015

Below are my timeline:

List of additional docs:

Provide them with a letter from your former supervisor if you can get one. You can also provide your original offer letter if it has your duties listed.
2. NOC Code.
You should be able to as long as the duties you currently perform match noc 1225

You can also consider Cost of living in NS versus other provinces, family activities can be considered as well you mention accompanying dependent and NS is known as one of the best places to raise a family in Canada (This info is on their website)

I said no but I also told them about the groups and program I am interested in joining if I got nominated.

Thanks MASF, will take note of that. Hope all goes well for all of us. :)

eecandidate

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
I received my AOR on September 25, 2015 under Demand Express Entry. Since I replied, I havent heard anything from them, not even for any addittional documents or info. Shall I worry or just keep patience thinking my documents seem to be sufficient for nomination decision?

mapleback

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Jun 2015
Nomination.....
01 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
03 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
01 Dec 2015
Passport Req..
01 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16 Feb 2016
eecandidate said:
I received my AOR on September 25, 2015 under Demand Express Entry. Since I replied, I havent heard anything from them, not even for any addittional documents or info. Shall I worry or just keep patience thinking my documents seem to be sufficient for nomination decision?
Worrying won't change the outcome of anything, just remain patient and enjoy your life because it's out of your hands now, you've done your part - just wait for immigration to do theirs. Check out the spreadsheet, your timeline is normal.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eecandidate said:
In short, no..stop worrying. Receiving AOR is kinda of like the start of the nomination process. You now know they at least have your documentation and you're in the queue. Someone will reach out to you in due time in the meantime, relax for now.

Iriscidiscent77

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-12-2015
AOR Received.
24-01-2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
Passport Req..
19-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
Hi MASF,

I also have the same queries regarding reference letters.

1. Is it required to have duties and responsibilities listed in the COE if that work experience is not related to your NOC but it occurred during the 10 years period? I already have experience letters for those which are related though.

2. Another question is, my company does not want to specify annual salary. Instead they can only mention monthly last drawn salary. Is this fine?

3. Same thing with hours worked. They only want to mention working hours per week (40hrs) and not annualy. Is this ok?

4. I'm also having my supervisor sign a reference letter on plain paper because HR does not want to include duties in the letter. Do i still need to get it notarized? Also, do I still need to include LOE in my application explaining all these things?

I didn't know companies these days are this difficult to cooperate. Please help advise and share your experiences.

All the best to us!

Thanks

MASF

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Iriscidiscent77 said:
Hi MASF,

I also have the same queries regarding reference letters.

1. Is it required to have duties and responsibilities listed in the COE if that work experience is not related to your NOC but it occurred during the 10 years period? I already have experience letters for those which are related though.

Forgive my ignorance but what is the meaning of COE. I applied under noc 1121 one of the jobs I had in the 10 year period fell under 2171. I provided a letter with the duties and when the nomination officer provided a break down of my score s/he gave me no marks for it. This has led me to believe that as long as you are not claiming points for it; it may not be necessary.

2. Another question is, my company does not want to specify annual salary. Instead they can only mention monthly last drawn salary. Is this fine?

I have no experience in this area so I am not sure if it will be an issue. From my experience though the nomination officer took the time to ask me for any clarification needed. We exchanged over 20 emails from the first additional doc request to the point of nomination. Logically speaking if your monthly salary is always consistent and you have payslips to prove this I do not think it should be an issue.

3. Same thing with hours worked. They only want to mention working hours per week (40hrs) and not annualy. Is this ok?
All my reference letters stated my hours on a weekly basis and this was not an issue.

4. I'm also having my supervisor sign a reference letter on plain paper because HR does not want to include duties in the letter. Do i still need to get it notarized? Also, do I still need to include LOE in my application explaining all these things?
My letter from my supervisor was not notarized however it had the contact details for the supervisor. Also an LOE would be to your advantage as it would inform the Nomination Officer of the reason you provided the information in the manner you did so they would not have to reach out to you to discover it.

I didn't know companies these days are this difficult to cooperate. Please help advise and share your experiences.

All the best to us!

Thanks

Iriscidiscent77

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-12-2015
AOR Received.
24-01-2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
Passport Req..
19-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
Thanks a lot that was helpful :)

Iriscidiscent77

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-12-2015
AOR Received.
24-01-2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
Passport Req..
19-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
Dear All,

This may seem to be a stupid question but did you guys fill up the NSNP 100 form by hand or can be typewritten? Not sure if I missed any guideline or anything and I'm trying to be careful.

Thanks