+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

budenggao

Nov 5, 2014
Re: refused by NSOI

sesytrice said:
what documents are they requesting for???
I will suggest you take time to write a comprehensive settlement plan. if you have link in NS, get them to reference your application. If you have contacted your professional body in NS, include there response in your additional document.

Please write a good and comprehensive settlement plan. That will be the magic!
thank you sesytrice.
i don't have link in NS and i have not contact the professional body in NS, then will it be useful if I write a detailed settlement plan?
actually I already submitted my residence intention by the first time VO asked me about the additional documents.

budenggao

Nov 5, 2014

tan_sur69 said:
Hello budenggao

1. First things first , do not panic. Can you please paste your letter received from NS office on this forum ... you can blackout you file number and names..
2. Next when did you send your application, i do not see your entry in Spreadsheet can you be more specific on timelines and did officer asked you any docs.. before sending refusal letter.
3. Wanted to know, if you selected British Columbia or another province in EE and later edited it to NS (I am more interested whether MYCIC will show the changes made in the portal to the province officers.
4. if you are not sure of your refusal, can you please call them and check the reason behind your refusal (writing a mail will take longer time to respond and you lose time) and how much time is provided to you to submit a new proposal ?

Once you have this information, we can discuss further. Also i will be interested on the points you mentioned in settlement plan.
Did you anywhere mention in your file that you have friends or relatives in Canada ?

thank you tan_sur69, here is my application:
1.12 sign/ 3.14 AOR/ 5.8 additional documents
1. the letter:
The Nova Scotia Office of Immigration (NSOI) has thoroughly reviewed and assessed your application, and intends to refuse your application based on the following:
• Eligibility Criteria – Adaptability and Intention to Settle in Nova Scotia
You have not demonstrated to the satisfaction of Nova Scotia Office of Immigration your intention to permanently settle in Nova Scotia. Evidence on file suggests you have a greater intention to settle a province other than Nova Scotia.

2. a lot of required documents: property, loan, bank liability, employment certificate, job duty breakdown.... usual as others.
3. I selected Calgary last year for FSW. I told this to NS officer when filling the form. but I was not in the cap of 25000, my application was returned.
4. I am not sure if I should call them asking the reason.. I have not figured out the solution yet.

ps. what do you mean "I am more interested whether MYCIC will show the changes made in the portal to the province officers."
PPS. "Also i will be interested on the points you mentioned in settlement plan." the points in settlement plan are so important?
PPPS. I admit I have a ex-collegue in BC , no relative. is this the main reason I was refused?

please help.... thank you!!

tan_sur69

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
seravimol said:
Hello, I have this question and hope someone can help me on this..
About education i have my bachelor's degree and i already have a ECA about this, but i also have some other post-secondary courses. I Have a post-secondary Diploma and also a certification as project manager. Do these require also an ECA or i can send only the diplomas as proof of education?

Thanks you
Your professional certification as project manager like PMP or Prince 2 do not add points to NS or CRS score.
If you have done Masters/P.G Diploma/Diploma in Project Management from a credible university, please get that evaluated through WES. they carry points.

With regard to post secondary courses, if these are awarded to you to get your bachelors degree, then you do not require to evaluate them ....

Example : In some universities 3 year MBA programme are categorised into different stages
Say you complete 1 year of a MBA course then you get Diploma in Management
You complete the second year then you will recieve a PG Diploma in management.
and final year - you get master degree

in the above edu scenario, providing Masters degree to WES will be enough.

But say you have a Diploma in Electrical and another certificate say Diploma in Management.
Then you have to get both evaluated since the streams are different.

Hope this clarifies.

tan_sur69

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014

budenggao said:
thank you tan_sur69, here is my application:
1.12 sign/ 3.14 AOR/ 5.8 additional documents
1. the letter:
The Nova Scotia Office of Immigration (NSOI) has thoroughly reviewed and assessed your application, and intends to refuse your application based on the following:
• Eligibility Criteria – Adaptability and Intention to Settle in Nova Scotia
You have not demonstrated to the satisfaction of Nova Scotia Office of Immigration your intention to permanently settle in Nova Scotia. Evidence on file suggests you have a greater intention to settle a province other than Nova Scotia.

2. a lot of required documents: property, loan, bank liability, employment certificate, job duty breakdown.... usual as others.
3. I selected Calgary last year for FSW. I told this to NS officer when filling the form. but I was not in the cap of 25000, my application was returned.
4. I am not sure if I should call them asking the reason.. I have not figured out the solution yet.

ps. what do you mean "I am more interested whether MYCIC will show the changes made in the portal to the province officers."
PPS. "Also i will be interested on the points you mentioned in settlement plan." the points in settlement plan are so important?
PPPS. I admit I have a ex-collegue in BC , no relative. is this the main reason I was refused?

please help.... thank you!!
I see your case, the reason for the refusal is your mention of ex-colleague in BC, they would have thought he would help in getting a job in other province and you move out. I am not sure of your NOC, if BC has more open positions for your occupation then it will be easier for you to move out.
SINCE YOU HAVE A REFERRAL/MENTOR.

Mentioning friend/relative in another province in your file is a huge drawback...

Did they mention anytime in the letter to respond, say you have 10 days to respond before your case is closed ?

Now the solution:
-----------------
Provide that you have links with community service in NS.
Your association with NS (climate,food and companies)
any job you applied in the meantime...at NS.
Better funds/More funds.
Easy to settle (if unmarried)...

seravimol

Sep 14, 2013
USA
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2017
Doc's Request.
14-04-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
15-04-2017
tan_sur69 said:
Your professional certification as project manager like PMP or Prince 2 do not add points to NS or CRS score.
If you have done Masters/P.G Diploma/Diploma in Project Management from a credible university, please get that evaluated through WES. they carry points.

With regard to post secondary courses, if these are awarded to you to get your bachelors degree, then you do not require to evaluate them ....

Example : In some universities 3 year MBA programme are categorised into different stages
Say you complete 1 year of a MBA course then you get Diploma in Management
You complete the second year then you will recieve a PG Diploma in management.
and final year - you get master degree

in the above edu scenario, providing Masters degree to WES will be enough.

But say you have a Diploma in Electrical and another certificate say Diploma in Management.
Then you have to get both evaluated since the streams are different.

Hope this clarifies.
Thank you for your help

My diploma was for 1 year of study so i guess it won't be a valid one..

tan_sur69

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
LusiLee said:
Woow!

Empress got nomination on 29.05

Congratulation! Good news!
This news officially updates all candidates from Spreadsheet till Jan 13th are either in refusal or nominated state.

Finally Jan 14th and Jan 15th should start this week.

LETS KICK START ....

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
LusiLee said:
Woow!

Thanks for this update. Can you please tell us Did Empress get any request for additional documents before nomination ?

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
seravimol said:
Thank you for your help

My diploma was for 1 year of study so i guess it won't be a valid one..
Hello Seravimol, I saw your entry in SS, as comparison to other applicant of 12th January, you got AOR late. Just want to know did you get any additional document request after AOR as you are also 12th jan applicant.

seravimol

Sep 14, 2013
USA
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2017
Doc's Request.
14-04-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
15-04-2017
drajpoot said:
Hello Seravimol, I saw your entry in SS, as comparison to other applicant of 12th January, you got AOR late. Just want to know did you get any additional document request after AOR as you are also 12th jan applicant.
i made a mistake when entry data in SS.
I received my AOR on 03/29 and i got a intends of refuse letter from the nomination office ON 05/29 . It seems i didn't count my education points properly. I thought i have 22 points but actually i only got 21, therefore i'm a point short and i don't have any education that allows me to add an extra point... so i think i'm out for this year

naredont

Jan 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LusiLee said:
Woow!

@ Empress...Congrats..All the best for remaining process

GNPLC

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2015
LusiLee said:
Woow!

Congratulations Empress

Musikwala

Sep 14, 2014
Johannesburg, SA
Visa Office......
Pretoria, SA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
Nomination.....
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
In which century are they going to be done with January applicants and move on to February applicants?

mapleback

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Jun 2015
Nomination.....
01 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
03 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
01 Dec 2015
Passport Req..
01 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16 Feb 2016
Musikwala said:
In which century are they going to be done with January applicants and move on to February applicants?
Certainly there's nothing "Express" about NSOI's Express Entry. ;D :p