App. Filed.......
15/01/2015
drajpoot said:
Hello GNPLC

Did you get AOR? its time to call them
Thanks my friend, I have emailed and called them. I believe it's on the way

ds_maniac

Mar 2, 2015
Hello, this forum seems to be full of interesting ppl :)

I have question regarding NSNP.
I am currently working in Edmonton, Alberta full time as a User support Tech (completed 1.5yrs). I have applied in EE with score 379 (almost lost hopes).
How can I receive NSNP from here. Do I need a valid work offer letter from an NS employer to be eligible? Also, how long does it take to get NSNP so that I can directly apply for Express Entry for my immigration.
My work permit expires next june 2016.
Can someone please direct me a right path?
Much appreciated.

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
naredont said:
Dear drajpoot & All,

Got golden E mail.......Thanks to Lord and Thank you all for your support.. This is the E mail received from NSNP at local time 11:25

Dear XXXXX

This is to acknowledge receipt of your application under the Nova Scotia Nominee Program Nova Scotia Demand:Express Entry Stream on January 19, 2015. Your application has passed our completeness check and will now be placed in the queue for assessment.

Your case ID is XXXXX. Please refer to this number when corresponding with our office.

One of the steps required in the nomination process for Nova Scotia Demand:Express Entry is for you to be registered in Express Entry with Citizenship and Immigration Canada. To confirm that you have done so please e-mail this office, nsnp @ novascotia.ca , with your Express Entry Profile Number and Job Seeker Validation Code.

For further information on how to register with Express Entry please go to this website:

www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp

If there is anything that requires further information/clarification, a Nova Scotia Nominee Program Officer may be in touch with you.

Nova Scotia Office of Immigration

Please update in SS
Congratulations!! ;D

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ds_maniac said:

I am currently working in Edmonton, Alberta full time as a User support Tech (completed 1.5yrs). I have applied in EE with score 379 (almost lost hopes).
How can I receive NSNP from here. Do I need a valid work offer letter from an NS employer to be eligible? Also, how long does it take to get NSNP so that I can directly apply for Express Entry for my immigration.
Much appreciated.
@ds_maniac,

No you do not need a job offer from NS to apply for NSNP under the EE stream.
You'll find most of the information you need in the guide from this link: http://novascotiaimmigration.com/move-here/application-forms/#express-entry
No one really knows how long it takes to get a PNP from NS. They are currently acknowledging Jan 20s applicants and they are still receiving new applications.

P.S. It may be hard to prove your "strong ties" to Nova Scotia if you already work in Alberta. Try it out though.. Good luck!

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
ds_maniac said:

Much appreciated.
I have a question, as you said you are already working in Edmonton as full time , So why dont you ask your employer to give you Job offer. I guess you can easily get 600 points from that. I guess you fuifill the eligibility criteria of Canadian Experience class.
Did you try Employer Driven stream- Skilled worker program for Alberta PNP ?

Secondly as you asked about NSNP-
There are two programs One is Express Entry without job offer , you can apply in this but chances are very less now as there is a cap of 350.
There is another program Skilled worker, for this program you need to have valid job offer from NS employer.

Change

Apr 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2015 SINP EE
Doc's Request.
01-09-2015 (SINP)
Nomination.....
25-09-2015
AOR Received.
ITA:23-10-2015, e_APR Submitted:03-11-2015, AOR:03-11-2015
Med's Request
Upfront Medical Done
Med's Done....
29-10-2015
naredont said:
Dear drajpoot & All,

Got golden E mail.......Thanks to Lord and Thank you all for your support.. This is the E mail received from NSNP at local time 11:25

Dear XXXXX

This is to acknowledge receipt of your application under the Nova Scotia Nominee Program Nova Scotia Demand:Express Entry Stream on January 19, 2015. Your application has passed our completeness check and will now be placed in the queue for assessment.

Your case ID is XXXXX. Please refer to this number when corresponding with our office.

One of the steps required in the nomination process for Nova Scotia Demand:Express Entry is for you to be registered in Express Entry with Citizenship and Immigration Canada. To confirm that you have done so please e-mail this office, nsnp @ novascotia.ca , with your Express Entry Profile Number and Job Seeker Validation Code.

For further information on how to register with Express Entry please go to this website:

www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp

If there is anything that requires further information/clarification, a Nova Scotia Nominee Program Officer may be in touch with you.

Nova Scotia Office of Immigration

Please update in SS
Congrats friend.

aadii

Apr 10, 2015
drajpoot said:
I have a question, as you said you are already working in Edmonton as full time , So why dont you ask your employer to give you Job offer. I guess you can easily get 600 points from that. I guess you fuifill the eligibility criteria of Canadian Experience class.
Did you try Employer Driven stream- Skilled worker program for Alberta PNP ?

Secondly as you asked about NSNP-
There are two programs One is Express Entry without job offer , you can apply in this but chances are very less now as there is a cap of 350.
There is another program Skilled worker, for this program you need to have valid job offer from NS employer.

Can you share n let us know from where did u get this info on the CAP "There is a cap of 350" .
Is it officially mentioned anywhere ??

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
aadii said:
Can you share n let us know from where did u get this info on the CAP "There is a cap of 350" .
Is it officially mentioned anywhere ??
http://novascotiaimmigration.com/nova-scotia-launch-new-immigration-stream/

silasnjita

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
ds_maniac said:

Much appreciated.

Hello..

Since you already live and work in Edmonton, why don't you try their Provincial Nominee program? You might have a hard time trying to convince NSPN. Also, NSPN Demand Express Entry has been up and running since Jan 1st 2015, with only 350 places this year. So I suggest you try the Alberta Nominee program, or you give NSPN a try this or, or better still if things don't work out, you might want to try NSPN in Jan 2016.
Good Luck

ahunj

Apr 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
Doc's Request.
02-03-2016
Nomination.....
05-11-2015
AOR Received.
10-12-2015
Med's Done....
01/2016
ahunj said:
Thanks for all the advices..

i have also registered for EE after i sent all the required documents as the initial application. i have indicated all provinces except NS.. would there be any conflict if i also indicate NS under the EE.

Please guide.
could someone please through some light on this....

hemanthk1986

Star Member
Jan 21, 2015
ahunj said:
could someone please through some light on this....
If you get AOR they will request for your EE no & job verification code so they might check ur EE profile... But as your not received AOR dont worry for now.

Indianbritish

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Doc's Request.
submitted with application
Nomination.....
28-10-2014
AOR Received.
Not Received from London VO
IELTS Request
Included in application, Upfront PCC submitted on 30-09-2015
File Transfer...
SLU (23-10-2014) on 26-08-2015 and TLU on 02-10-2015
Med's Request
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015 / 20-10-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Issued on 02-11-2015 - Received on 19-11-2015
LANDED..........
March / April 2016
I have sent an e-mail last night for my intention to stay in Nova Scotia.
Let's see what happen - will provide an update once I receive reply.

drajpoot said:
@ yhw satya and arbylotus- Any updates?
@ indianbritish and abhishishir- Any further communication ?

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
Indianbritish said:
I have sent an e-mail last night for my intention to stay in Nova Scotia.
Let's see what happen - will provide an update once I receive reply.
Be positive! I am sure you will get the nomination, It was just an formality to final check nothing else.
All the best and will pray for you.