+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

gtvisa2020

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
rhossain said:
Hi @ drajpoot and @ gtvisa2020:
I have also made similar mistake like you by keeping Intending Occupation field Empty.However, I have included my Intending Occupation with NOC code in a cover letter.
I had forwarded an e-mail yesterday to NSOI, and their response was as follow:

We are not adding information to files at this time. You will have to wait to hear from us via e-mail at the time your file enters processing. Incomplete applications per the checklist will be returned.

Hope for the best for you Guys.
Thanks rhossain. I just hope they don't send the application back solely for this reason.

gtvisa2020

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
dukhi said:
Will it be on the basis of first come first serve?? Till when are they going to collect the applications?
I do not have official answers for those questions. If I were to guess, Yes, based on order they receive. Until they receive quota (350) + buffer (say 100) to offset for returned/rejected applications.

HTH.

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
gtvisa2020 said:
I do not have official answers for those questions. If I were to guess, Yes, based on order they receive. Until they receive quota (350) + buffer (say 100) to offset for returned/rejected applications.

HTH.
Is there any way of confirming whether or not ns office
has recieved our application package or not?

kubuqi

Oct 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dukhi said:
Is there any way of confirming whether or not ns office
has recieved our application package or not?
If you sent the application via courier mail, they should give you a tracking number, which can be used to track your package online. At least this was the case when I sent mine via Fedex.

ABCD EFGH

Mar 3, 2012
gtvisa2020 said:
lol Thank you anyway.

I called NS Office of Immigration and they suggested to wait till we receive application numbers to send any updates/changes to them.

The process, as I understand, is:
1. They are only receiving the applications and haven't opened any of them yet.
2. Once they start opening, they will check whether all supporting documents are included. At this point, we will be receiving application numbers, I believe. They do not have any ETA for this.
3. Then comes the validation part. This is when we could provide updates/changes.

Hope this helps others in the same boat.

This seems to be a common mistake that many people did including myself. Can't we send them a courier with a letter or an updated NSNP 100 form immediately rather than waiting ?

ABCD EFGH

Mar 3, 2012
gtvisa2020 said:
lol Thank you anyway.

I called NS Office of Immigration and they suggested to wait till we receive application numbers to send any updates/changes to them.

The process, as I understand, is:
1. They are only receiving the applications and haven't opened any of them yet.
2. Once they start opening, they will check whether all supporting documents are included. At this point, we will be receiving application numbers, I believe. They do not have any ETA for this.
3. Then comes the validation part. This is when we could provide updates/changes.

Hope this helps others in the same boat.

This seems to be a common mistake that many people did including myself. Can't we send them a courier with a letter or an updated NSNP 100 form immediately rather than waiting ?

rhea2722

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Hi

I had a quick question. According to the below page, there are 2 steps to apply for NS Demand Express Entry program.

novascotiaimmigration.com/move-here/application-forms/#express-entry

Step 1. Complete the NOVA SCOTIA DEMAND: EXPRESS ENTRY APPLICATION GUIDE AND FORMS and send it to Halifax address

Step 2. Complete the CIC forms and provide photocopies with your NSNP application. These forms need to be sent to this address :
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Provincial Nominee Program
Sydney, NS, Canada

I am confused about the second step. Do I need to fill the CIC forms too and send it along with the NSNP application?

Can anyone please address this?

Thanks

LusiLee

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Montréal
rhea2722 said:
Hi

I had a quick question. According to the below page, there are 2 steps to apply for NS Demand Express Entry program.

novascotiaimmigration.com/move-here/application-forms/#express-entry

Step 1. Complete the NOVA SCOTIA DEMAND: EXPRESS ENTRY APPLICATION GUIDE AND FORMS and send it to Halifax address

Step 2. Complete the CIC forms and provide photocopies with your NSNP application. These forms need to be sent to this address :
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Provincial Nominee Program
Sydney, NS, Canada

I am confused about the second step. Do I need to fill the CIC forms too and send it along with the NSNP application?

Can anyone please address this?

Thanks
I think that step 2 after you'll get a nomination... Maybe I'm wrong.

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
kubuqi said:
If you sent the application via courier mail, they should give you a tracking number, which can be used to track your package online. At least this was the case when I sent mine via Fedex.
I meant to get some confirmation from NS officially that we have recieved your application

Indianbritish

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Doc's Request.
submitted with application
Nomination.....
28-10-2014
AOR Received.
Not Received from London VO
IELTS Request
Included in application, Upfront PCC submitted on 30-09-2015
File Transfer...
SLU (23-10-2014) on 26-08-2015 and TLU on 02-10-2015
Med's Request
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015 / 20-10-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Issued on 02-11-2015 - Received on 19-11-2015
LANDED..........
March / April 2016
I am not sure they send confirmation but they will assign file number and send an e-mail to applicant so at that point we will know.
My parcel was received and sign by PARKER (delivered by UPS last thursday) - no update so far - i guess it will take 4 to 6 weeks for AOR?

Good luck to all.

dukhi said:
I meant to get some confirmation from NS officially that we have recieved your application

gtvisa2020

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
ABCD EFGH said:
That is true. Many of us made the same mistake. I am not blaming NS Office of Immig for this but the question was very hard to notice especially it's right under "Do you have a job offer?" question. Anyway it is what it is.

The person explained that if you send additional documents/info now, they wouldn't know who sent it and which is the original application (they could match based on names but it's additional work for them). On the other hand if you send it with the application number on it, it will make their job easier to add to the existing application.

Hope this helps.

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
rhossain said:
Hi @ drajpoot and @ gtvisa2020:
I have also made similar mistake like you by keeping Intending Occupation field Empty.However, I have included my Intending Occupation with NOC code in a cover letter.
I had forwarded an e-mail yesterday to NSOI, and their response was as follow:

We are not adding information to files at this time. You will have to wait to hear from us via e-mail at the time your file enters processing. Incomplete applications per the checklist will be returned.

Hope for the best for you Guys.
May I know the email address ? is it nsnp@novascotia.ca ?