+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nova Scotia Experiance: Provincial Nominee Program

Sambisa Valley

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014

What else can I say. Thanks so very much. You have summarised the outlook in NS. Change is the major issue here. I will appeal that as we keep asking, please be kind to tutor us as you just did here.

God will continue to bless you. Thankssssss

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No problem...I'm trying to get PR myself. Submitted my NS Experience application last week and hoping for good news. Anything that I can do to help :D

bishgop

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Bangalore
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2016
Doc's Request.
03-12-2016
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
Medicals Passed
Hi all, please tell me more about it. My score is 402. How can I apply for the Program?

bishgop

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Bangalore
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2016
Doc's Request.
03-12-2016
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
Medicals Passed
My score is 402, can I apply? I am from India with no work experience in Nova Scotia. Please help me understand the process. Thanks In Advance.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NS Experience requires at least 1 year of Canadian work experience so if you don't have that, you can't apply through this stream.

arishaaryan

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO but file transfered to Manila VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Nov 2014 in CIC, Sydney
Doc's Request.
No docs requested
Nomination.....
05 Sep 2014
AOR Received.
02 April 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with CIC docs
File Transfer...
02 April 2015
Med's Request
29 April 2015
Med's Done....
02 May 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 May 2015, Passport submitted to CVAC on 17 May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
28 May 2015
LANDED..........
Inshallah April 2016
Hello friends, I am planning to settle in Halifax on August. I know in this forum, you have minimum one year NS experience. So I need to know few valuable experience from you.

1. How about job prospects for Mechanical engineers in Halifax? To get job in my field, should I further study in NS.

2.How about the approximate monthly cost for a couple

3.How about the local people? Are they friendly with the new comers.

4.How about the relocation cost in Halifax for a couple. Which costs are mainly involved in the relocation cost.

5. Are there casual part time jobs available in Halifax for the new comers

chakrireddy

Apr 2, 2015
I am a software tester with an experience of 3.3 years based in India.My CRs are 438.
So,is it worth applying for Nova Scotia PNP or wait for my profile to picked from Express Entry?
Also,any idea if other provinces will be allowing nominations anytime soon?

sweetyvenky1

Jan 14, 2014
Hi Guys

I am in NS since 10 months and i have more than 1560 hours of experience as cook. am i eligible to apply under Nova scotia experience PNP as now or should i have to wait to complete 12 months.....
ur suggestions would be helpful...

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sweetyvenky1 said:
Hi Guys

I am in NS since 10 months and i have more than 1560 hours of experience as cook. am i eligible to apply under Nova scotia experience PNP as now or should i have to wait to complete 12 months.....
ur suggestions would be helpful...
As long as you can prove that you've worked those hours (through the reference letter from employer, stubs, etc) and your NOC does not fall under C or D, you should be good to apply. Make sure you review the application guide before you apply though..

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arishaaryan said:
Hello friends, I am planning to settle in Halifax on August. I know in this forum, you have minimum one year NS experience. So I need to know few valuable experience from you.

1. How about job prospects for Mechanical engineers in Halifax? To get job in my field, should I further study in NS.
No idea

2.How about the approximate monthly cost for a couple
Assuming you find a 1 bedroom place with heat and hot water included - average breakdown is something like this

Rent: 800/month
Lights: 50/month (this bill comes every other month so it's like 100 every other month)
Cable/Internet/Telephone Bundle: 140/month
Food: 300/month (really depends on how much you eat)
Public Transport: 170/month (2 passes) OR
Vehicle Gas: 200/month (driving 15 minutes to and from work, plus regular errands)
Vehicle Insurance: 150/month

Hope that helps

3.How about the local people? Are they friendly with the new comers.
Halifax is a university city (Dalhousie, SMU, MSVU all in the halifax metro area - not to mention Eastern College and NSCC) so they're used to dealing with people new to the province although you may find that some people may be a little clueless when it comes to immigration policies, etc. But in general, yes they're friendly.

4.How about the relocation cost in Halifax for a couple. Which costs are mainly involved in the relocation cost.
Not too sure here

5. Are there casual part time jobs available in Halifax for the new comers
I'd say yes......as long as employers don't have to do anything with immigration (i.e. you have PR/Citizenship or work permit (iffy on the work though which the changed rules)..most have no issue with hiring if qualified. As soon as you mention LMIA be prepared for the conversation to end quickly.)

Sambisa Valley

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
Riddymon,

I must always commend your efforts on this forum to throw more light about life in Nova Scotia to so many of us that are still looking forward to starting a living over there.

We will always need your support, advice and clue to so many areas of life in NS.

I sent you a PM.

Nice week ahead to all

hope 2015

Mar 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2015Dec16
Passport Req..
2016May27
indianstudent said:
Congrats, NSNPseeker!! I accepted mine this afternoon too!!
Congrats dear indianstudent,
If you don't mind could you please share 3 last digits of your nomination number? (you can share it as 10x or 09x ...). It will be very useful for us to predict the cap.

Good luck & thank you so much

SBSNAGAR

Nov 11, 2014
Hello,

Is there anybody else applied under this stream? And heard back from them?

Please tell me about their processing times.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received my nomination today :) Took about 2 weeks from submitting to nomination.