+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nova Scotia Experiance: Provincial Nominee Program

indianstudent

Aug 27, 2013
Praspirant22 said:
@ indianstudent & @ pk7

Congratsss!!...so wat is your score in EE now? is it x+600?
Actually, we received an email from the provincial nominee officer saying that she would recommend us for nomination and it would take few days to get the decision from their office. I guess we will here something from them by the end of this week.

NSNPseeker

Jun 4, 2015
Dear All,
I received the Nomination from NSOI today afternoon.
In that mail they asked me to accpet the Invitation from NSOI in my CIC Account which i did as per there mail.However the 600 Points are not reflected yet in my CIC account.I have notified them regarding this.They said wait for 24 hours or so.

I will keep you all posted.

Thanks all for your wishes.

indianstudent

Aug 27, 2013
NSNPseeker said:
Dear All,
I received the Nomination from NSOI today afternoon.
In that mail they asked me to accpet the Invitation from NSOI in my CIC Account which i did as per there mail.However the 600 Points are not reflected yet in my CIC account.I have notified them regarding this.They said wait for 24 hours or so.

I will keep you all posted.

Thanks all for your wishes.
Congrats, NSNPseeker!! I accepted mine this afternoon too!!

mapleback

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Jun 2015
Nomination.....
01 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
03 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
01 Dec 2015
Passport Req..
01 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16 Feb 2016
indianstudent said:
Congrats, NSNPseeker!! I accepted mine this afternoon too!!
Wow!! that's fast!! 3 weeks from sending the application to getting the nomination! Congrats!
Can you share with us what additional information they requested?

indianstudent

Aug 27, 2013
mapleback said:
Wow!! that's fast!! 3 weeks from sending the application to getting the nomination! Congrats!
Can you share with us what additional information they requested?
Thanks, @mapleback! There were four questions.

i. factors - why we chose to stay in NS.
ii. involvement with the local communities.
iii. Will we move to Halifax from the town we currently live in.
iv. job opportunities for dependents

pk7

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
Hi All,
I also received and accepted my nomination today. Congratulation to my buddy @indianstudent. Congratulations to NSNPseeker as well, you were little worried yesterday. Should be happy now.....

NSNPseeker

Jun 4, 2015
Congrats pk7 and indianstudent.

@ pk7 : yep ,i was worried about that.Thanks God everything looks good now.

Now waiting for the ITA :)

NSNPseeker

Jun 4, 2015
@mapleblack : yes bro,its seems fast.Let us know if any of your friend or you need help regarding this Category.We will be happy to do so.
Does any body aware of the process and list of dcouments we need once we get the ITA?

mapleback

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Jun 2015
Nomination.....
01 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
03 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
01 Dec 2015
Passport Req..
01 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16 Feb 2016
NSNPseeker said:
@ mapleblack : yes bro,its seems fast.Let us know if any of your friend or you need help regarding this Category.We will be happy to do so.
Does any body aware of the process and list of dcouments we need once we get the ITA?
Thanks NSNPseeker, but having no experience in Nova Scotia I am not eligible to apply to this category, I applied to the Nova Scotia Demand category and have been waiting since late March. But, from what others who applied to that stream report is that they are currently processing applications that were delivered in January with the latest AOR reported in our spreadsheet being 2015/01/26. So as you can see, if I meet the cap, I do have quite a wait.

harshmaru

Star Member
Aug 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NSNPseeker said:
Ok,can understad your situation.
Will wait for your good news .Hope it arrive early
Hi

I have a job offer from nova scotia employer and it is in NOC A category and salary is also good.

Can I apply for NSNP express entry ..im not sure if i will be accepted because the offer letter that i recieved , i did not join that company...do we need to join and then apply or they just need the offer letter to accept the application.

im currently in ontario working with RBC.

please advice.

jagaban

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi harshmaru,
Congrats on the job offer.I believe you can apply for Nova scotia express. Anyway double check the website on that.
What do mean by 'I did not join that company'?
From subsequent comment I think you don't need to have started working with them before you apply.

Sambisa Valley

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
Please for those already in Nova Scotia, assist us with news about the province.

Which areas are best to stay. How is rentals for apartment. What is job situation and what are strategies to pick a job.

What are important things to know and note.

Please help us with info.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sambisa Valley said:
Please for those already in Nova Scotia, assist us with news about the province.

Which areas are best to stay. How is rentals for apartment. What is job situation and what are strategies to pick a job.

Depends on where you're working. If you're working in Dartmouth - it may be cheaper to get an apartment over but don't know too much about that side. As far on the other side of the bridge...if you're prefer the hustle and bustle of city life then maybe try to find an apartment downtown. They tend to be a lot more expensive and you get less for your money. 1 bedroom apartments start at 900-950/month on average.
I live in Clayton park which is one the outskirts (about a 10-15 minute drive downtown)...you'll find cheaper places there but the price as i stated above will get you something a little nicer. Larry Uteck is another area close to Clayton Park that is new and being built up. Housing is newer but also more expensive. In general I'd say if you want to be close by..look for places downtown halifax or Clayton Park - easily reached by public transit. Bedford and Sackville are also not too far away as well but would most likely be a bit more convenient if you had a car.

As far as wages are concerned - I'm a software developer. Salary ranges are as follows:

Junior 35-50,000
Intermediate-50-70,000
Senior - 70,000+

Jobs are found the normal way - career beacon/linkedin/etc...but networking is probably the best way to find a job. Many companies are looking for people but are very open to employee referrals (i know mine is). The I.T. industry is growing here and there are jobs to be had...might be a bit difficult finding something if your are junior as only a few companies are hiring (IBM, NTT, CGI) but with a bit more experience, it makes things much easier.

What are important things to know and note.

The biggest thing to know is that the NS has some of the lowest wages in Canada but close to the highest taxes - hence why many people are leaving and they're making things a bit easier for people to come in but that won't last for long once the PR system hits its stride. It's not as diverse as the bigger cities in Canada so unless your middle eastern, african, indian, bangladeshi or east asian (i'm from none of those regions) you may find it a bit more difficult to adjust. The pace here is a lot slower which many people find difficult to adjust to and find it boring but I'm from a small island so it's perfect for me. Outside of Halifax, there's not much else going on in the province unless you're just visiting for the day but unless your job is in Halifax/Dartmouth......be prepared for a long commute or living in a small remote town (Lunenberg, Bridgewater, Wolfville, Kentville, Coldbrooke, etc). There's more that I can say but this covers most of the important things...Hope this helps....

Please help us with info.