+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notify CIC about the changes in payment details

praveen123

Nov 30, 2013
Hi,

I have filed my PR application (under CEC) a week back.

Unfortunately, today, I received a call from my Bank that due to some fraud transactions on my credit card, my card needs to be blocked as the data is no more secure.

Now, I need to notify CIC regarding my new credit card details.

But as I do not have any reference number, how should I inform CIC about the new details? Any Suggestions?

As am worried that, if CIC do not get the proper details, they might reject the application which I do not want to happen. Please suggest.

Thanks,
Praveen

gudluckcanada

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
App. Filed.......
11-12-2017
AOR Received.
02-01-2018
HI Praveen123

Try to block your card for a couple of weeks just about the time you know CIC will be charging your card and at that time you can unblock your card. (you should be able to narrow it down to a week or so). This is the best you can do unless you want to get your application rejected and try again.

You will have to monitor your card on a daily basis and any fraudulent transactions will have to be notified to the bank immediately so that they can block them.

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
hi Praveen123,

sorry to hear about your situation,all you can say is that luck is not on your side currently.
if cic are not able to process your payment your application will be returned without a question asked.do not mix things,it is not going to be a rejection but application returned so you have to correct mistakes and resend it again.
the biggest worry now is the sub-cap if you are noc B.

GOOD LUCK :)

searing_heat

Jun 8, 2013
Feel your pain buddy!

I was in the exact same boat. I applied in September and my credit card was compromised towards the end of October. I tried convincing my bank but no help. I even talked to CIC about it. You don't really have any option. They sent my application back and I re-applied beginning of November (with money order).

My suggestion would be to start re-filling application forms. Gather any document you will need (in my case previous PCC was no longer valid and I had to get a new one) and apply as soon as you get documents back. Good luck!

praveen123

Nov 30, 2013
Hi searing_heat,

Thanks for sharing. Is there any way we can get our application package from CIO -Sydney rather than getting rejected by them?
PCC is valid for 1 year and I got all my PCC in october 2013 so do I need to apply for it again if I am re-submitting the application?
I know CIC checks for 3 month validity for PCC but what is the reference date for the checking?

Feiniao

Star Member
Nov 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-23-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2014
Med's Request
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
28-07-2014
searing_heat said:
Feel your pain buddy!

I was in the exact same boat. I applied in September and my credit card was compromised towards the end of October. I tried convincing my bank but no help. I even talked to CIC about it. You don't really have any option. They sent my application back and I re-applied beginning of November (with money order).

My suggestion would be to start re-filling application forms. Gather any document you will need (in my case previous PCC was no longer valid and I had to get a new one) and apply as soon as you get documents back. Good luck!
Can I know how long you got your document back to you from CIO? I am waiting for my application package back to me.....However still wait even someone he sent out the application on the same daywith me even already got AOR.

Feiniao

Star Member
Nov 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-23-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2014
Med's Request
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
28-07-2014
praveen123 said:
Hi searing_heat,

Thanks for sharing. Is there any way we can get our application package from CIO -Sydney rather than getting rejected by them?
PCC is valid for 1 year and I got all my PCC in october 2013 so do I need to apply for it again if I am re-submitting the application?
I know CIC checks for 3 month validity for PCC but what is the reference date for the checking?
The reference day is the day your PCC was issued.

you can try to email CIO to ask the package back to you as I did. But it looks it did not help to save time. I am still waiting and starting to worry about my document might be lost somewhere..... I check on this forum, someone took 3 months to get his/her application return.... 3 months? what a scared number!

praveen123

Nov 30, 2013
Can't we send the new application package again with correct details back to CIO rather waiting for them to return the package?
I will provide cover letter with the justification why I am sending it again.Will it work?

Thanks

Feiniao

Star Member
Nov 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-23-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2014
Med's Request
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
28-07-2014
praveen123 said:
Can't we send the new application package again with correct details back to CIO rather waiting for them to return the package?
I will provide cover letter with the justification why I am sending it again.Will it work?

Thanks
I don't know it works or not. One of my friends told me to prepare tha application, standing on the position of VO---everything I prepare or provide or state should be convenient to VO to process my case. So I think the VOs have to take care of a pile of applications every day. If we submit axtra documents before having ROA, it may cause confusion for VO and sometime may delay on some stage of my cases.

But your case just is to ajust the payment, so you can try and it may work. On this forum, somebody sent the corrected form to CIo before having ROA and it worked. But somebody tired to send the corrected payment and then still got the returned application.
it is up to you.

searing_heat

Jun 8, 2013
Your application will be returned by CIC after they try to charge your Credit card (usually it takes 40 days from the time you submitted your application). For me, I submitted in the first week of Sept and got my application package back first week of November.

Please note that your application does NOT get rejected due to wrong payment information (it is returned to you). What I mean by 'rejected' here is the scenario where they evaluate your application and put record in the system that this person was declined to immigrate. In our case, application is returned even before it is officially accepted for processing (AOR time). So don't worry about that. They don't keep record of it.

When you get your application back, make sure you read the cover letter and see if there were any other comments on your application.

My suggestion would be to just wait and fill out new forms. Send the new one as soon as the old one comes back. It sucks to wait but I personally don't like taking chances by submitting a new application while original one is going through its initial stages.

As for the PCC, I think it depends on your country. For me, PCC is valid for 1 year. However, CIC accepts it if it was issued 3 months prior to the application submission date. PCC is not 'absolutely' required at this stage. CIC will reach out to you if they want a new one from you.

Feiniao

Star Member
Nov 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-23-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2014
Med's Request
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
28-07-2014
searing_heat said:
Your application will be returned by CIC after they try to charge your Credit card (usually it takes 40 days from the time you submitted your application). For me, I submitted in the first week of Sept and got my application package back first week of November.

Please note that your application does NOT get rejected due to wrong payment information (it is returned to you). What I mean by 'rejected' here is the scenario where they evaluate your application and put record in the system that this person was declined to immigrate. In our case, application is returned even before it is officially accepted for processing (AOR time). So don't worry about that. They don't keep record of it.

When you get your application back, make sure you read the cover letter and see if there were any other comments on your application.

My suggestion would be to just wait and fill out new forms. Send the new one as soon as the old one comes back. It sucks to wait but I personally don't like taking chances by submitting a new application while original one is going through its initial stages.

As for the PCC, I think it depends on your country. For me, PCC is valid for 1 year. However, CIC accepts it if it was issued 3 months prior to the application submission date. PCC is not 'absolutely' required at this stage. CIC will reach out to you if they want a new one from you.
Second that