+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Notice to Prepare for your Citizenship Exam"?

Alex Yan

Jan 17, 2014
Dec23,2013 Notice to Prepare for your Citizenship Exa

Jan17 ,2014 recieved appear to test 25 st clairs . 10th floor on Jan30

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
Alex Yan said:

Congrats!

simplyproductive

Star Member
Dec 17, 2012
[quote author=look4d link=topic=177736.msg2847307#msg2847307 date=1390236671]
Hi simplyproductive , if they ask for more documents than what you mentioned you have to see a judge at the same day of the test or different day? , I called CIC today and she said my RQ has been reviewed but not fully assessed yet, and there is an interview , I asked her whither the interview will be at the same time as the test , she didn't give me a specific answer , as she said you might not get interview if after they complete the RQ assessment they decide not to interview you , oh, well, I am not sure if she knows what is she talking about.

Thanks

[/quote]
Its could be different day. I believe test day interview occur only with cic official. Strange thing happening ,,my wife Applied in October 2013 she got test date for Feb 10,2014 It took only three months.

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alex Yan said:

I also got test for Jan 30. Some ppl got for jan 23 I see in this forum at st. Clair so will find out what it entailed. But does anyone know if original birth certificate is required as this is in my home country?? Pls respond thanks!

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
The document list that I got says that all original documents which supports your citizenship application(e.g birth certificate)
So I guess its not must but if you have it It will make your process easy.

mmn7

Jan 21, 2014
I applied for citizenship on Jan 2012. Then I got the RQ from the local CIC office in August 2012. I sent all required forms and supporting documents on Nov 2012. In the early 2013, I was advised by one CIC agent that my file was transferred to St. Clair office for further processing. Since then, there was no news. Just days before Christmas, I got the Notice to Prepare for Citizenship Exam. Yesterday, I got a letter to write the exam in early February. However, I was asked to appear at St. Clair office rather than my local office. Since my home is quite far away from St. Clair office (more than 1.5 hours driving) and the bad weather and traffic, I am considering if CIC can arrange the exam at my local office. I called CIC this morning and the agent said I could file an application to change the exam location but the request may or may not be approved. Did anybody have such experience before? Is it worthwhile to do so? If I have to drive to St. Clair office, is there any park lot available nearby because I am really not familiar with Toronto. Thanks!

shaikat

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
when dealing with cic I will go to amazon jungle if needs to be ...lol....sorry I am not trying to pick on u ....but please do not go through the process of changing location for exam.....my co-worker last year wanted to change it simply because he moved to a different city and didn't update his address on time....it took them 8 months to get back to him with a new test date.

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with Shaikat , just accept the St. Clair location and hire a taxi if you don't like to drive, it is peace of mind.

Good luck

hard

Jan 21, 2014
I am moving and how can I change my address with CIC St Clair. I heard that CIC does not change the address even though you ask them to do so.
Is this true that people experience the difficulty on this matter.

toto1234

Aug 8, 2012
mmn7 said:
I applied for citizenship on Jan 2012. Then I got the RQ from the local CIC office in August 2012. I sent all required forms and supporting documents on Nov 2012. In the early 2013, I was advised by one CIC agent that my file was transferred to St. Clair office for further processing. Since then, there was no news. Just days before Christmas, I got the Notice to Prepare for Citizenship Exam. Yesterday, I got a letter to write the exam in early February. However, I was asked to appear at St. Clair office rather than my local office. Since my home is quite far away from St. Clair office (more than 1.5 hours driving) and the bad weather and traffic, I am considering if CIC can arrange the exam at my local office. I called CIC this morning and the agent said I could file an application to change the exam location but the request may or may not be approved. Did anybody have such experience before? Is it worthwhile to do so? If I have to drive to St. Clair office, is there any park lot available nearby because I am really not familiar with Toronto. Thanks!
mmn what is date of acknowledgement application by cic.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mmn7 said:
if you rearrange another test...your application maybe delayed.

My advice is wake up early and drive there. You can start driving maybe even 4 hours before the test time.
I lived in Vancouver, although the test office is not far, I still woke up at 3:00 am.
Don't waste your opportunity, especially you had RQ

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bangloboy said:
I also got test for Jan 30. Some ppl got for jan 23 I see in this forum at st. Clair so will find out what it entailed. But does anyone know if original birth certificate is required as this is in my home country?? Pls respond thanks!
no birth certificate requested at all. I dont even have my ori here...i brought a copy...they did not even mention it.

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nguyentu2001 said:
no birth certificate requested at all. I dont even have my ori here...i brought a copy...they did not even mention it.
Did u already see an immigration officer already? What did it entail? Thanks

mmn7

Jan 21, 2014
toto1234 said:
mmn what is date of acknowledgement application by cic.
The acknowledgement date is the same as they received my application, January 2012. At that time, they acknowledged the receipt and sent you the book right away after they received your application.