+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notice of Decision Timeline

Jun 19, 2020
I had my hearing in March 2020 in Montreal. My lawyer called me and told that I got a negative decision.
Can anyone help on how can I file an appeal and what is the timeline for receiving a decision for that. I live in Toronto area now. Looking to hire a lawyer in Toronto area.
Thank you.

Jahprovideesp

Star Member
Apr 15, 2018
I had my hearing in March 2020 in Montreal. My lawyer called me and told that I got a negative decision.
Can anyone help on how can I file an appeal and what is the timeline for receiving a decision for that. I live in Toronto area now. Looking to hire a lawyer in Toronto area.
Thank you.
Which country are you from?

Refuge

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone received notice of decision recently? How long normally its takes now a days after virtual hearing.

Samosami

Feb 6, 2021
I had a positive decision on the spot in Marxh16th and i still have not gotten the decision yet, but I called IRB and they said the decision is not written yet, would my lawyer be able to help? I don't wanna pay money for nothing

Reactions: luckyrefugee

Jon0003

Star Member
Feb 6, 2021
Anyone received notice of decision recently? How long normally its takes now a days after virtual hearing.
I got mine after like 6 weeks. It really depends on the member but the benchmark is usually 8 weeks unless something happened or for whatever reason. (It doesn't mean you're going to get negative decision if you don't receive yours within 8 weeks). It takes time so just be patient and wait. Even if the member decides quickly, its gon take some time for the paper work to reach your end.

Jon0003

Star Member
Feb 6, 2021
I had a positive decision on the spot in Marxh16th and i still have not gotten the decision yet, but I called IRB and they said the decision is not written yet, would my lawyer be able to help? I don't wanna pay money for nothing
No he can't! You should be happy since you already heard the decision.

Samosami

Feb 6, 2021
No he can't! You should be happy since you already heard the decision.
Thanks for the reply, I'm very happy about but anxious due to timeframe because ppl around me had their hearings got their letters, but hopefully this is nothing to worry about

Jon0003

Star Member
Feb 6, 2021
Thanks for the reply, I'm very happy about but anxious due to timeframe because ppl around me had their hearings got their letters, but hopefully this is nothing to worry about
Folks have bee waiting for months without even hearing a decision from the Board member including me. It's going to take time, be patient and wait. It'll be in your mail sooner than you think.

Samosami

Feb 6, 2021
Folks have bee waiting for months without even hearing a decision from the Board member including me. It's going to take time, be patient and wait. It'll be in your mail sooner than you think.
Thanks for your kind words, I hope nothing but the best for you, I have waited for 2.5 years before I got my hearing, I know how hard the anxiety feeling is and I hooe things work out for the best for you, you will get the positive decision.

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
No one can help. The judge will write the decision and submit then it will go through IRB system before u get a copy. Can take something from 2 weeks to few months. I am not trying to upset you but I received mine after 5 months.

Reactions: Refuge and Samosami