+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notice of Decision Timeline

Enab2233

Aug 11, 2020
I had my hearing January 2020

Got the NOD today after seven months.

It was negative, now that I am a failed refugee does anyone know how could I bring my son to visit me with ETA? Or is cbsa going to turn him back or cancel his ETA because of my failed refugee claim.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I had my hearing January 2020

Got the NOD today after seven months.

It was negative, now that I am a failed refugee does anyone know how could I bring my son to visit me with ETA? Or is cbsa going to turn him back or cancel his ETA because of my failed refugee claim.
Is your son from a visa exempt country?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, he’s from Mexico, 6 years old. And he’s not a refugee.
Just checking to make sure you are visa exempt since some people don’t realize that ETAs are just for visa exempt countries. Impossible to say whether his ETA is already cancelled or will get cancelled if you book a ticket for him. Would he travel as an unaccompanied minor if it is possible with the airline at his age? With travel restrictions having a friend or family member may not be an option.

Enab2233

Aug 11, 2020
Just checking to make sure you are visa exempt since some people don’t realize that ETAs are just for visa exempt countries. Impossible to say whether his ETA is already cancelled or will get cancelled if you book a ticket for him. Would he travel as an unaccompanied minor if it is possible with the airline at his age? With travel restrictions having a friend or family member may not be an option.
Well, his dad my ex, could bring him as soon as the restrictions are lifted, but of course CBSA will ask for a written authorization from me as the custody is with me according to an agreement I made with his dad several years ago.I feel It’s very likely they will find out I am here as a rejected refugee. I am married I have my own family, and my son he wasn’t living with me at the time of conflict with my family.

Also I was wondering if could be possible to get him a study permit so he could stay with me in the meantime I wait for an appeal decision. Thank you very much for answering.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Well, his dad my ex, could bring him as soon as the restrictions are lifted, but of course CBSA will ask for a written authorization from me as the custody is with me according to an agreement I made with his dad several years ago.I feel It’s very likely they will find out I am here as a rejected refugee. I am married I have my own family, and my son he wasn’t living with me at the time of conflict with my family.

Also I was wondering if could be possible to get him a study permit so he could stay with me in the meantime I wait for an appeal decision. Thank you very much for answering.
You can certainly try for a study permit but the chances of getting the study permit is not great.

Jun 19, 2020
I spoke to Montreal Office today and they told me that as from today Aug 18, 2020 it could take another 3 months or less for you decision letter.
My Hearing was in March 2020 in Montreal. If anyone receive any decision from any office then keep posted on this forum for each other for updates and timelines. Wish all of you GOOD LUCK
Thank you.

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
I spoke to Montreal Office today and they told me that as from today Aug 18, 2020 it could take another 3 months or less for you decision letter.
My Hearing was in March 2020 in Montreal. If anyone receive any decision from any office then keep posted on this forum for each other for updates and timelines. Wish all of you GOOD LUCK
Thank you.
I know someone who had his hearing on 6 or 7th March and was accepted on table got his decision last week. His hearing was in Toronto