+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notice of Decision Timeline

Jun 19, 2020
Waaooooo. By any chance did they mention any reason as to why it may take 3 months ?
The person I spoke with said its because of COVID and now they are also busy with Hearings too. It can be sooner or it can take up to three months, but I think it will be sooner hopefully. It all depends on the board member who conducted hearing and when they write a decision.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Well, his dad my ex, could bring him as soon as the restrictions are lifted, but of course CBSA will ask for a written authorization from me as the custody is with me according to an agreement I made with his dad several years ago.I feel It’s very likely they will find out I am here as a rejected refugee. I am married I have my own family, and my son he wasn’t living with me at the time of conflict with my family.

Also I was wondering if could be possible to get him a study permit so he could stay with me in the meantime I wait for an appeal decision. Thank you very much for answering.
You'll need to be prepared for the chance that his ETA may have been or will be revoked before he flies to Canada.

Mursal Waheed

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
Hi
I received my notice of Decision i recieved the refugee claimant doc on 29th October and recieved the notice of Decision which is positive without hearing on 20th of August. My case was less complex without hearing
I have a question that the decision letter is copy and certified is it the one to apply for travel documents??

Reactions: luckyrefugee

Enab2233

Aug 11, 2020
You'll need to be prepared for the chance that his ETA may have been or will be revoked before he flies to Canada.
Thank you very much for the time for answering #canuck78. Are you a lawyer?

I want to ask if anyone knows if the departure order we got to sign when we filled the refugee claim become a deportation order after 30 days even if we appeal the negative decision?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you very much for the time for answering #canuck78. Are you a lawyer?

I want to ask if anyone knows if the departure order we got to sign when we filled the refugee claim become a deportation order after 30 days even if we appeal the negative decision?
No not a lawyer. Believe it is put on hold if you appeal.

naaka

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
1st hearing was Aug 2019 which did not get concluded and a second hearing was given for Oct 2019...at end of hearing no decision was made. i then received my NOD in July 2020 moreover with negative decision. submitted an appeal.

Refuge

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
1st hearing was Aug 2019 which did not get concluded and a second hearing was given for Oct 2019...at end of hearing no decision was made. i then received my NOD in July 2020 moreover with negative decision. submitted an appeal.
Sorry to hear about negative decision and wish you luck for your appeal success.

Which country are you from and your case is in Montreal?

Sphinx13

Mar 15, 2020
Had my hearing in March 2020 , today my lawyer called that he received the NOC and unfortunately it is negative.