+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notes from Discover Canada - Preparation for the Citizenship Test

AnonyKaty

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
I just finished the exam. I got to say that the practice tests (especially those from the website citizenshipsupport.ca were WAAAAAAAAAAY harder than necessary and even harder than other practice exams). I liked the library ones and the citizenshipcounts. So good luck to everyone. I am still waiting to hear back if they validated the results.

jokerfrommars

Aug 31, 2023
Just passed the test today. See my other post
"I ended up purchasing the weekly plan from https://www.citizenship-app.ca for $2.99. My opinion is it's worth it especially if you have limited time (say less than 5 days). However, if you plan way ahead and have plenty of time preparing for the test, then you need nothing other than Discover Canada."

Manprad

Star Member
Nov 29, 2020
Btw for citizenship test prep, I saw someone posted earlier with a website they made -

I would also check out the official Richmond Public Library's test: https://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/

You can basically do it in 'test' mode where you answer and check the results, or just look at the answers. They have 154 questions in there, basically all the possible questions that can be asked. Fairly easy to memorize, then just do it in 'test' mode a couple times and should be good.
I see we have 150 + questions in each of the province. Do the real test ask fir the Province? its not possible to do all province 150+ questions

Manprad

Star Member
Nov 29, 2020
I just finished the exam. I got to say that the practice tests (especially those from the website citizenshipsupport.ca were WAAAAAAAAAAY harder than necessary and even harder than other practice exams). I liked the library ones and the citizenshipcounts. So good luck to everyone. I am still waiting to hear back if they validated the results.
For Richmond Library questions, do we do only one province or all of them?

AnonyKaty

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Update!

My results were validated on August 31. I took the test on Aug 28.

td88

Aug 8, 2019
Hi There, i have a question
Me and my wife were living in Calgary Alberta (West) to work seasonal when I applied for Citizenship using my Calgary temporary Address but the mailing address is still in Nova Scotia. Then I moved back to Nova Scotia (East) to work permanently. I've heard that the Province matters because question will be based on where I applied for the Citizenship Test. Furthermore, they sent me AOR with email address like "citizenshiptestWEST". Will the questions based in Alberta, or Nova Scotia? I wrote a webform to ask but they have not replied so far. Any thoughts/ suggestions?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
@td88 it will take 5 minutes to learn the names of the lieutenant governor, premier, leader of the opposition and their political parties in both provinces. Just do that and relax.
And in all cases, most questions are not linked to your province, and there's a high chance you get none that are that specific anyway...

Reactions: td88 and AnonyKaty

amosi

Jan 3, 2018
Anyone who passed the test recently
Are there a lot of question about dates and names? Or more general questions?

Manprad

Star Member
Nov 29, 2020
I am planning to appear for my test this weekend. Want to confirm If i understand the signing process and test process correctly. Your feedback is much appreciated

1. On the day of test, Click the link/copy paste the link in your browser
2. Follow the signing process by providing UCI and application #
3. Accept all disclaimers
4. Test link will be sent to our registered email
5. Click that link and proceed to further steps
6. Click Photo of our ID using laptop camera
7. Click our own photo using laptop camera
8. Procced to test once both the photos are done and are clear enough to read
9.Test begins
10 Navigate thru the questions by clicking next button
11 Click submit at the end when we are finish answering all questions (max time 30 mins)

Can someone pls confirm if this is how the test procedure is... Just want to avoid last minutes scrambles.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I am planning to appear for my test this weekend. Want to confirm If i understand the signing process and test process correctly. Your feedback is much appreciated

1. On the day of test, Click the link/copy paste the link in your browser
2. Follow the signing process by providing UCI and application #
3. Accept all disclaimers
4. Test link will be sent to our registered email
5. Click that link and proceed to further steps
6. Click Photo of our ID using laptop camera
7. Click our own photo using laptop camera
8. Procced to test once both the photos are done and are clear enough to read
9.Test begins
10 Navigate thru the questions by clicking next button
11 Click submit at the end when we are finish answering all questions (max time 30 mins)

Can someone pls confirm if this is how the test procedure is... Just want to avoid last minutes scrambles.
You perfectly summarized it. Best of luck for the test :)

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Anyone who passed the test recently
Are there a lot of question about dates and names? Or more general questions?
Not many and not at all for a few for a couple people around me who easily passed the test in the past month.
Don't stress too much over it, if you read the book and prepare a minimum, there will be 15 gimme questions to pass the test anyway...

Reactions: Manprad and amosi