+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not recieved my PR Card yet?

ian_tyley

Jul 12, 2017
Hey Guys,

I was hoping someone here would be able to help me out please. I have called the CIC numerous times to them just hanging up on me. Very frustrating!

I am currently waiting on my PR Card to come to me in the mail but I need to leave the country in 2 weeks and was wondering if I could come back into Canada on a Visitor's Visa and just pick my card up once back in?

Or should I just get my PR Card sent to me via mail while abroad?

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey Guys,

I was hoping someone here would be able to help me out please. I have called the CIC numerous times to them just hanging up on me. Very frustrating!

I am currently waiting on my PR Card to come to me in the mail but I need to leave the country in 2 weeks and was wondering if I could come back into Canada on a Visitor's Visa and just pick my card up once back in?

Thanks
Hi

No, you can't return on a visitor visa. You can have your PR card mailed to you. Otherwise, your options are to apply for a PRTD or fly to the US and cross into Canada at a land border.

aizacastillo

May 25, 2018
Hey Guys,

Thanks
Hi. Have you received your card. I am waiting for my first card and I have to go out if Canada on May 30.

GQSOU

May 24, 2018
Hi

No, you can't return on a visitor visa. You can have your PR card mailed to you. Otherwise, your options are to apply for a PRTD or fly to the US and cross into Canada at a land border.
when you saw cross by land, what do we need in order to cross border ???,,, PR card is expired, what else can we bring ?

GQSOU

May 24, 2018
Residency obligation

Yes! It’s for my
Mom...she hasn’t left Canada in 10 years but now we are travelling and her pr card hasn’t arrived ....we leave in 3 weeks ...so this is why ...I will prepare a prtd and send it to Madrid once I arrive in Portugal. I
Hope I won’t have issues.

GQSOU

May 24, 2018
Get a pr travel document

Yup. ! But what I’m worried is ...how far back ? I mean bank statements from 5 years can be a lot of paper ...or utility bills ...this is why ...I don’t know how much to send ...i will send her notice of assessments and pay stubs but my mom has only worked 1 year and before that was on social aide ....how can I get proof that she was on social aide ? Contact the center ?

GQSOU

May 24, 2018
thank you so much !! I know the website does give a lot of info... just worried. I have a questions tho... on the application, QUESTION 9 ... she landed when she was 14, so its Under my grandmothers name, but my mom also has her VOS ( verification of station ) and theres a number thaty begins with example: G020202010 and not T or W .....is that what we put for question 9 ?? or her UCI number ?.... i just want to get everything right and have no errors. She does have her expired PR CARd, BUT does that number change when you get your card renewed ???... can I put that number for question 9 ?

Last edited:

danko8

Nov 16, 2012
when you saw cross by land, what do we need in order to cross border ???,,, PR card is expired, what else can we bring ?
I just went through this B.S and its frustrating since Air Canada won't allow you to board a flight with an expired car, and you cant get an eTA (which we tried) so had to cross by private car...., my wife's PR card expired while we were in the US, so myself and 2 kids had to fly separately and land in Toronto and got a rental, and we booked her a flight to Buffalo, we told her to wait and we drove over to buffalo to pick her up. driving back through Niagara Falls border, the guard just looked at her PR card, asked us why it was expired, laughed that AC wouldn't let her board a flight and just let us in. He didn't even want to see the passport and said "once you have a PR card, you're always considered a PR status of Canada, unless you are out of country longer than a certain number of days." We had a copy of our COPR Landing paper and marriage certificate just as a precaution.