+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not meeting Ro by 4 months will my pr card be taken back if reported

Guggu

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Hello guys I have been outside Canada for 3.5 years and now I am willing to take my chance this month of returning back.my question is if I get reported will CBSA take my pr card at airport because i will need it to come back next day and rejoin my job in my home country. Thanks.

Guggu

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Bro don't be rude.i am already on the verge of losing my canadian dream because my family did not cooperate with me earlier. I know my chance is very limited I don't want to be struck in Canada, if reported that's why I wanted to confirm the same. Earlier I met a immigration consultant who said that I will need travel document to get back as CBSA will take my pr card. I simply wants to know the truth. Your reply will be appreciated thanks.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
I don’t know the definite answer to your question about CBSA seizing your PR card but I understand canuck78’s frustration. You have been asking around about how to retain PR and how not to be reported and renewing your PR card for months now. You say you have a Canadian dream but you are not willing to physically stay here and contribute to the Canadian society.

With that being said, if your only worry about your PR card being seized is that you can’t go back to your home country for a job, then worry not, you do not need a PR card to leave Canada. You will not be stuck here.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Unlikely CBSA would seize your PR card if you were reported for RO on entry. If your only offence is not meeting RO, there isn’t any reason to seize it. If you’re reported, having a PR card doesn’t change your status and being reported doesn’t remove your right of entry (at least not until they revoke your status and then a PR card won’t help anyway).
A PR card isn’t required to enter or leave Canada. It’s needed to board commercial transportation to Canada (not from Canada). There is nothing preventing you from leaving.
Your immigration consultant is a dud. Find a new one who has a clue. My goldfish know more about immigration than your consultant.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello guys I have been outside Canada for 3.5 years and now I am willing to take my chance this month of returning back.my question is if I get reported will CBSA take my pr card at airport because i will need it to come back next day and rejoin my job in my home country. Thanks.
You don't need a PR card to leave Canada.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bro don't be rude.i am already on the verge of losing my canadian dream because my family did not cooperate with me earlier. I know my chance is very limited I don't want to be struck in Canada, if reported that's why I wanted to confirm the same. Earlier I met a immigration consultant who said that I will need travel document to get back as CBSA will take my pr card. I simply wants to know the truth. Your reply will be appreciated thanks.
Don't blame your family. It's your own fault of unwillingness to be stuck in Canada for a number of years to become Canadian citizen. If you became citizen, you can come back to the country anytime and live as a Canadian.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
I'm not sure of the circs surrounding your situation or not being able to move back to Canada sooner, I was around 9 months short when I returned back from the UK and yes took a chance when returning, I was not reported and have since been here 3 years and successfully renewed my PR card.
Regardless of whether they physically take or do not take your PR card, the main thing you should be worried about is if the CBSA officer reports you or not, if he/she does then of course you will need to let the process run its course and I assume appeal....but again if they say nothing then come in, stay put and renew once you have physically been here over two years.

Reading your post again....I'm unsure about the 'will need it to come back next day and rejoin my job in my home country.'.....that's a little confusing

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I'm not sure of the circs surrounding your situation or not being able to move back to Canada sooner, I was around 9 months short when I returned back from the UK and yes took a chance when returning, I was not reported and have since been here 3 years and successfully renewed my PR card.
Regardless of whether they physically take or do not take your PR card, the main thing you should be worried about is if the CBSA officer reports you or not, if he/she does then of course you will need to let the process run its course and I assume appeal....but again if they say nothing then come in, stay put and renew once you have physically been here over two years.

Reading your post again....I'm unsure about the 'will need it to come back next day and rejoin my job in my home country.'.....that's a little confusing
Agree with your comment. If Guggu only wants to come to Canada for 1 day, do not bother for the travel.