+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not meeting RO, but with valid PR card, best way to go back to Canada?

nicklove128

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Hi guys, could you please kindly help advise?

I'm currently outside of Canada and I didn't meet the RO. But I have a PR card valid until 2020.

Is it better to go back to Canada by plane or by train/bus from US border? Which method has less chance of being reported?

Thank you guys so much!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
No difference which border crossing you chose odds are all the same and could even depend on the CBSA officer you encounter . Could even be down to questions asked or how busy they are. On your side at least is having a PR card valid until 2020 although if you have not met the RO that is only a small positive in your favour. Good luck.

nicklove128

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
No difference which border crossing you chose odds are all the same and could even depend on the CBSA officer you encounter . Could even be down to questions asked or how busy they are. On your side at least is having a PR card valid until 2020 although if you have not met the RO that is only a small positive in your favour. Good luck.
Thank you for your answer.

I've heard that the officers at the border are less strict than the custom. Even if it's just 1% less risky than passing from the custom, it could make a difference.

In this case, do u think crossing from US border by bus is a better solution here? Thank you so much for your advise.