+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Northern Rural Immigration Pilot Program

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
No there is a right to mobility. Even if there was a bond most would leave the day it ended. They are looking for longtime community members. They have learned from the PNP programs where the majority have no intention of remaining in the nominating province. They land there because they have to and lthen start looking at jobs in in B.C., AB and ON.
I hear you, but in this case what is the guarantee that if I do manage to show a relative I am likely to stay there. But I do get that they probably have to go with some criteria to start with and having connections can be one.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I hear you, but in this case what is the guarantee that if I do manage to show a relative I am likely to stay there. But I do get that they probably have to go with some criteria to start with and having connections can be one.
Studies have shown that if you have a community already in the location including family you are much more likely to remain in the community. The communtities will also see if you have ever lived in a small city that is pretty isolated. If you have only lived in cities of millions and never sought out vacations where you are isolated then you probably won’t do well in many of the rural cities or small cities. In general these programs are taking their times I. The hope is that they will slowly find people who are committed to the community and who will put down roots. People attending colleges and universities in those areas are likely the best target. Think many may find better quality of life in the smaller and mid-sized citiesbut most can’t see past places like Toronto and Vancouver. Windsor became a huge cenitrefor Syrian families. The cost of living is much lower so many movEd out of the GTA,Vancouver, Alberta, etc.and set up shop in Windsor.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Studies have shown that if you have a community already in the location including family you are much more likely to remain in the community. The communtities will also see if you have ever lived in a small city that is pretty isolated. If you have only lived in cities of millions and never sought out vacations where you are isolated then you probably won’t do well in many of the rural cities or small cities. In general these programs are taking their times I. The hope is that they will slowly find people who are committed to the community and who will put down roots. People attending colleges and universities in those areas are likely the best target. Think many may find better quality of life in the smaller and mid-sized citiesbut most can’t see past places like Toronto and Vancouver. Windsor became a huge cenitrefor Syrian families. The cost of living is much lower so many movEd out of the GTA,Vancouver, Alberta, etc.and set up shop in Windsor.
Agree, but I still feel their target audience should be someone who is probably 30+, Married & have kids. Reason ? I live in a very big city, full of high rise buildings & you get everything that you want at door step. I have lived all my life in big cities. Me & my wife would love to move to a small town & really detox from city life for good. Obviously have done a lot of research on this & not an overnight decision. What we need now is a settled life & a meaningful life and not be a part of rat race. If you are going to ask a college kid to stay, I dont think he/she would like that kind of life. Just my thought but I may be wrong.

Mustafa83

Oct 17, 2017
Azerbaijan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Saskatchewan
NOC Code......
Agree, but I still feel their target audience should be someone who is probably 30+, Married & have kids. Reason ? I live in a very big city, full of high rise buildings & you get everything that you want at door step. I have lived all my life in big cities. Me & my wife would love to move to a small town & really detox from city life for good. Obviously have done a lot of research on this & not an overnight decision. What we need now is a settled life & a meaningful life and not be a part of rat race. If you are going to ask a college kid to stay, I dont think he/she would like that kind of life. Just my thought but I may be wrong.
My thoughts exactly. I also want to move from a big city to a rural quiet place.

As I have mentioned few times in this forum they should have made this program in a more simple way.
- No job offer
- Simple points based system
- Work permit for 4-5 years that would allow you to work only in the said community.

In that way when someone would arrive he would have no option but to work in the community and after getting settled in a year or so that person would unlikely want to move to another place in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
People may think they would would like it but such a huge shift may be too much to tolerate that is why having proof that you can live in a small community is needed. Most people coming from large bustling cities in the world would findToronto quiet.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
People may think they would would like it but such a huge shift may be too much to tolerate that is why having proof that you can live in a small community is needed. Most people coming from large bustling cities in the world would findToronto quiet.
I think it is a matter of prospective & what you value in current stage of your life. World is going crazy, a little solace & peaceful living wont hurt. But I do get why you bring that up and majority might feel that way. :)

qaziarslantariq

Sep 12, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IELTS Request
14-02-2019
Anybody got this email?
Your resume has been forwarded to the applicable employer

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I think it is a matter of prospective & what you value in current stage of your life. World is going crazy, a little solace & peaceful living wont hurt. But I do get why you bring that up and majority might feel that way. :)
Lots of students that attend school in these smaller communities and almost all leave so there is reason to be concerned that people may do the exact same. Lots of people had asked about how long they would have to stay when the program was first announced.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
I heard that some people (already in Canada with temporary status) are moving to these communities to apply for PR through his program, but the likelihood of getting a recommendation is slim.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I heard that some people (already in Canada with temporary status) are moving to these communities to apply for PR through his program, but the likelihood of getting a recommendation is slim.
The requirements are still the same. If they have recently moved there they don’t really have history in the area. The people running the program aren’t stupid and they are getting thousands of applications.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/claresholm-immigration-employment-pilot-project-1.5474281

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
The requirements are still the same. If they have recently moved there they don’t really have history in the area. The people running the program aren’t stupid and they are getting thousands of applications.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/claresholm-immigration-employment-pilot-project-1.5474281
That's exactly my point. That's why I said the likelihood of getting a community recommendation is slim. Unless you can show them that you have ties to the community and have a solid job, you don't stand a chance. But, who are we to tell people to stop day dreaming? LOL.

qaziarslantariq

Sep 12, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IELTS Request
14-02-2019
Hi,
Anybody got job offer from any employer through RNIP?
I sent an email to my employer and got a reply that they are reviewing applications which they have received and will send interview slots to successful candidates.