+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Northern Rural Immigration Pilot Program

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
Who told you that? Sorry but I smell nonsense. If that was remotely true then all the PNP programs would be closed by now because they would not work out. The majority of people who apply for PNP do not move out of the sponsoring province right away. In fact, Saskatchewan and other provinces nowadays follow up and contact those whom they sponsored several months and even a year later to obtain proof they are still residing in the province.

You are contradicting yourself now several times. In an earlier post you lauded the idea that the regional pilot gives preferential treatment to those whose ethnicity or religious background is already represented in the township/city because it would make integration easier and more likely. I vehemently opposed the idea and presented arguments to support my point. Now you basically look down upon people who want to live within alike communities? How about we place you in a community where your reglion is not represented, where nobody hailed from your ethnic background? I think its a fundamental personal freedom and right to want to live in a community of one's liking. Perhaps you gotta stop judging others' motivations and idea of their own pursuit for happiness so harshly and instead just focus on the facts.

The reason many of the PNP programs and regional pilots in provinces that are not the most popular among immigrants is because the programs are poorly structured. Preference should be given to those who express and can prove a strong desire to settle there regardless of ethnic or religious background. So, I cannot get enough points or my application is received poorly because my religious and ethnic background does not match with one of other already settled immigrants even if I can demonstrate and otherwise prove that I have a strong desire to settle there and am willing to invest in property and obtain employment? It is very easy to verify that intents are followed up with actions. Look at the BC PNP programs for entrepreneurs such as the BC Entrepreneur pilot. The province and applicant sign a performance agreement (here it can be an agreed action plan) which is reviewed a year later and if the applicant fulfills the agreement then he/she is granted PNP support for PR. When I express strong desire to settle in a township and bring valuable skills that are in demand there but basically have a very low chance because my ethnic background does not match with that of other already settled immigrants or their religious background or when someone is given preference for the fact alone that he/she has some distant relative or even just a friend then let me be very blunt with you, I will say to that township "stick it up your butthole, I am not buying into your BS program, I will then look elsewhere where my application is judged and assessed on factors that are 100% correlating with my own achievements, skills, work ethics, and other qualitative factors that are in my control. I don't want to settle in a township that disadvantages my application because I pray in the other wind direction or was born with the wrong skin color. I can easily "buy" a friend in a town and score some extra points, but I don't do it because I am proud of my ethical and moral values. The problem is that it is easy to "cheat" additional points because the assessment metric was so poorly chosen.

I tell you what, and this might be controversial, but IMHO one large reason why many of those programs failed was that way too much preference has been given to people that hail from countries and societies where moral and ethical values are virtually non-existent. One should not be surprised to get disappointed by people who have a very low sense of ethnic and moral values.

You are in the minority. Even the majority of people who apply for PNP land in the province and then move elsewhere right away. Some people have no desire to integrate into Canadian life and want to live within their own ethnic or religious group but get the benefits from living in Canada. That is why you have communities like Brampton, Richmond and Surrey. Canada needs to distribute new Canadians better. The ironic thing is that many would have a much better quality of life it they considered moving to smaller or mid-sized communities.

Last edited:

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
I am afraid you are not quite informed about the hiring process in Canada of immigrants. It is virtually impossible to obtain a Canadian job offer for a skilled foreign worker outside of Canada without residence in Canada, permanent or temporary. Most job offers require an LMIA which is a whole other story. Then a huge majority of jobs require current work authorization in Canada. I cannot agree more with the guy you replied to: It makes a million times more sense for Canada to let applicants apply for work and temporary residence permits than PR which in most cases requires a job offer. It is the job offer that makes it virtually impossible not the rest of the PR requirements. If the argument really was labor shortage then Canada should more efficiently process work permit applications and drop the stupid LMIA requirements. Either there is a labor shortage in a region for a specific NOC or there is not. Work permits can be issued for specific employers or in specific cities or regions or provinces. If there is a labor shortage for NOC XXXX in region XXX then why does Canada still require an LMIA of employers in that specific region in that province? Makes zero sense.

PR allows people to grow the Canadian economy through entrepreneurship. If people need professional qualifications to be able to work they wouldn’t be able to apply. Some of the licensing requires work experience. Not a perfect system with one of the issues.

Reactions: ACFuhrmann

ACFuhrmann

Oct 1, 2019
Germany
Visa Office......
Düsseldorf
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I am afraid you are not quite informed about the hiring process in Canada of immigrants. It is virtually impossible to obtain a Canadian job offer for a skilled foreign worker outside of Canada without residence in Canada, permanent or temporary. Most job offers require an LMIA which is a whole other story. Then a huge majority of jobs require current work authorization in Canada. I cannot agree more with the guy you replied to: It makes a million times more sense for Canada to let applicants apply for work and temporary residence permits than PR which in most cases requires a job offer. It is the job offer that makes it virtually impossible not the rest of the PR requirements. If the argument really was labor shortage then Canada should more efficiently process work permit applications and drop the stupid LMIA requirements. Either there is a labor shortage in a region for a specific NOC or there is not. Work permits can be issued for specific employers or in specific cities or regions or provinces. If there is a labor shortage for NOC XXXX in region XXX then why does Canada still require an LMIA of employers in that specific region in that province? Makes zero sense.

Even with a current work authorization it is very very very hard to get a job offer from outside of Canada. I am really trying my best but I think I have to move first and find my job in person. This is much more easy from my experience.

Reactions: Matt173

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
I hear you and wish you good luck with your job search process. The problem you describe, though, applies to every job seeker situation world-wide, who has work authorization. Generally, employers prefer to speak to prospects in person. If they are desperate in wanting to fill the position and there is a shortage of labor supply some might be willing to speak with applicants over the phone or skype. This is the general situation.

Unfortunately, there are tons of smaller companies that are unethical and act outright illegally by considering only applicants of very specific ethnic backgrounds (Indian companies stand out here, also Chinese ones), although it is illegal by Canadian labor law to discriminate based on race. They hardly ever have an issue to speak with applicants from the other ends of the world over the phone or video chat. Sometimes they receive kickbacks for hiring specific people, at other times it's a "same-race preference". At other times its a "let's do a favor for the son of the aunty of the friend" kind of thing. Sadly, its often very difficult for law enforcement to collect evidence in order to take action. I have zero tolerance for such behavior and I vowed myself to always report to law enforcement such behavior if I ever come across actionable information. It is grossly unfair to everyone else and hypocritical: The same people who wanted to be fairly treated without discrimination when they applied to live in Canada are now doing the same to others that they did not want done to themselves.

From your profile, it does not seem that this plays to your advantage ;-)

Even with a current work authorization it is very very very hard to get a job offer from outside of Canada. I am really trying my best but I think I have to move first and find my job in person. This is much more easy from my experience.

Last edited:

mpnpb17

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
Hello all,

Hello all of you guys, I, have a question regarding the "work experience". In all the options either PNP or AINP, RINP etc, it is stated that "self-employed" is not accepted as work experience. But my question is, what if the applicant is a partner in the company or the business in which he/she has a part OWNERSHIP or shares etc. Does it come under the self-employed?

Anyone has information on this.

Thank you.

Mustafa83

Oct 17, 2017
Azerbaijan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Saskatchewan
NOC Code......
Got the below e-mail today

You are receiving this message because you have successfully been registered on the Claresholm-Rural & Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP) Mailing List.

The Claresholm-RNIP will not begin accepting applications until February 2020.

The Economic Development Officer is not available to take any appointments at this time.

Claresholm is in the process of deciding employer eligibility criteria, and determining the community recommendation criteria. Until this process is complete, the EDO cannot provide you with any additional information.

To prepare yourself for application to the program you can do the following:

· Visit the IRCC Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot website and understand the Federal Eligibility Requirements. If you do not meet all of the RNIP Federal Eligibility Requirements your application will not be considered.

· Obtain documents to prove you meet the Federal Eligibility Criteria.

· Prepare a detailed resume, cover-letter, including employer references.

· You must meet the work experience requirement of 1,560 continuous hours in the same National Occupation Classification. Self-employment is not eligible.

You cannot get an RNIP job offer at this time. Employers in Claresholm cannot offer jobs through the RNIP program because the employer-eligibility criteria has not been announced.

Please be patient and wait for more announcements to come December 23rd

---------------------------------------------

So, some more details about another community

Reactions: Frank0206

mpnpb17

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
Hi everyone, does anyone know if I can apply for RNIP being on a Visitor Visa in Canada?
You can apply from anywhere to rnip or ainp or pnp etc, the only thing is that the rural community from which you obtain an offer of employment must sponsor you. Here not only the employer but also the community should sponsor you.

They set thier own requirements and points, which may be or may not be in fovour of us. For example your job occupation may not be in their list, which makes applicant ineligible

Grigorelungu

Feb 26, 2019
You can apply from anywhere to rnip or ainp or pnp etc, the only thing is that the rural community from which you obtain an offer of employment must sponsor you. Here not only the employer but also the community should sponsor you.

They set thier own requirements and points, which may be or may not be in fovour of us. For example your job occupation may not be in their list, which makes applicant ineligible
Ok. Thank you! I was curious if i will apply from inside Canada, will they ask me for a work authorization or something like that.

mpnpb17

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
Ok. Thank you! I was curious if i will apply from inside Canada, will they ask me for a work authorization or something like that.
You must be thinking too much. Rules are same for any country, when you dont have permission to work you can not work.

Through RNIP, you are asking for work and living rights and to a Permanent resident. If you already have work authorization, then yoy wouldnt ask for it again

Grigorelungu

Feb 26, 2019
Hi Everyone, does anybody know about any other communities besides those 3 open? And where do we need to find for jobs?

forkids

Dec 4, 2019
would like to know whether they have age limitations and what are the prospects of microbiology related jobs in RNIP

Icke

Jan 29, 2019
Germany
None of the yet open communities have maximum age. Where did you get this information from ? Neither Altona, Thunder Bay or Sault Ste. Marie Have a maximum age. The only thing is you might lose some points in their criteria grid if you‘re above a specific age, which also varies.