Mustafa83

Oct 17, 2017
Azerbaijan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Saskatchewan
NOC Code......
The thing that interests me is that if let's say someone has some transferable skills (and not the experience in a particular NOC) that can be applied in a certain position will such person be able to apply under the pilot.

Ximena88

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
The thing that interests me is that if let's say someone has some transferable skills (and not the experience in a particular NOC) that can be applied in a certain position will such person be able to apply under the pilot.
one can always hope. but im sure youve done as much research on this program as i have and you must have noticed that to get a job you must submit a resume and to be frank most if not all employers will always consider the most qualified candidates first. candidates with a wealth of experience in that particular NOC. take Saskatchewan for example, in the last draw the picked people with 68 points AND people with 10 years working experience and above. besides these are small communities, its highly they'd pick up to 1000 candidates for each community a year. i can see those NOC A jobs for thunder bay but lets be honest with ourselves, do you think they're likely to pick 100s of those applicants?with what facilities?dont forget small town = equals more family owned businesses than cooperate entities. its more certain they'd pick more of NOC B, C and D. this is just my opinion ofcourse. but we can all hope and pray for the best. anything is possible.

Reactions: KIVANDI and Matt173

Mustafa83

Oct 17, 2017
Azerbaijan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Saskatchewan
NOC Code......
one can always hope. but im sure youve done as much research on this program as i have and you must have noticed that to get a job you must submit a resume and to be frank most if not all employers will always consider the most qualified candidates first. candidates with a wealth of experience in that particular NOC. take Saskatchewan for example, in the last draw the picked people with 68 points AND people with 10 years working experience and above. besides these are small communities, its highly they'd pick up to 1000 candidates for each community a year. i can see those NOC A jobs for thunder bay but lets be honest with ourselves, do you think they're likely to pick 100s of those applicants?with what facilities?dont forget small town = equals more family owned businesses than cooperate entities. its more certain they'd pick more of NOC B, C and D. this is just my opinion ofcourse. but we can all hope and pray for the best. anything is possible.
Yes and I have been selected by Saskatchewan Province with 68 points and am now in the process of getting documents, but at the same time I am also considering this Pilot due to the fact that I may not be able to get some documents needed to apply for Saskatchewan Express Entry.

As for the number of candidates as I understood there is a limit of 100 applicants per community per year.

Once at least 1 community has complete and clear guide on how to apply we will be able to evaluate our chances more realistically.

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
That only shows eligible NOCs. You will get a big shock when you actually search for available jobs in that area.

Regarding salary, one thing is theory, an entirely different one is the actual salaries offered. Go to some of those town's website and search for jobs in that area. You will find tons of positions that offer 12-14 Canadian dollars. This is a pittance and does not feed even a grown adult, let alone a family. If course it's not all but generally I think my opinion is quite closely matching with reality.

There is some truth in your words, but I would not say it is that bad. For example below is the list of occupations in demand in Thunder Bay, ON under this program:

National Occupation Classification – Skill Level A
  • 3012 Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
  • 3142 Physiotherapists
  • 2131 Civil Engineers
  • 2132 Mechanical Engineers
  • 2133 Electrical and Electronics Engineers

National Occupation Classification – Skill Level B
  • 2223 Forestry Technicians and Technologists
  • 2271 Air pilots, flight engineers and flying instructors
  • 2272 Air traffic controllers and related occupations
  • 321 Medical Technologists and Technicians
  • 3219 Pharmacy Technician
  • 3233 Licensed practical nurses
  • 4214 Early childhood educators and assistants
  • 6321 Chefs
  • 6331 Butchers and Bakers
  • 7283 Tile setters
  • 7311 Construction millwrights and industrial mechanics
  • 7312 Heavy-duty equipment mechanics
  • 7315 Aircraft mechanics and aircraft inspectors
  • 8231 Underground production and development miners
  • 8241 Logging Machine Operators

National Occupation Classification – Skill Level C
  • 3411 Dental assistants
  • 3413 Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates
  • 7441 Residential and commercial installers and servicers
  • 7511 Transport truck drivers
  • 7521 Heavy equipment operators (except crane)
  • 8411 Underground mine service and support workers
  • 9411 Machine operators, mineral and metal processing
  • 9414 Concrete, clay and stone forming operators
  • 9415 Inspectors and testers, mineral and metal processing
  • 9416 Metalworking and forging machine operators
  • 9417 Machining tool operators
  • 9418 Other metal products machine operators
  • 9431 Sawmill machine operators
  • 9432 Pulp mill machine operators
  • 9433 Papermaking and finishing machine operators
  • 9434 Other wood processing machine operators
  • 9435 Paper converting machine operators
  • 9436 Lumber graders and other wood processing inspectors and graders

National Occupation Classification – Skill Level D
  • 7611 Construction Trade Helpers and Labourers.

As you can see jobs are mostly technical.

As far as the salary is concerned I believe there is requirement that the pay should be the average offered for this job and not the lowest salary.

Mustafa83

Oct 17, 2017
Azerbaijan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Saskatchewan
NOC Code......
That only shows eligible NOCs. You will get a big shock when you actually search for available jobs in that area.
Also true, but maybe one needs to contact potential employers directly and see what is available.

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
Hmm sure but then what's the difference between this program and a regular skilled worker pnp program? Then you can go as well to Vancouver or Toronto, get a job offer and apply for your PR after a year or so of work. I hold that programs like this are fishing for very low hanging fruits, and I don't think this program will be successful. Both sides will be disappointed. But that's just my hunch.

Also true, but maybe one needs to contact potential employers directly and see what is available.

Ximena88

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
Yes and I have been selected by Saskatchewan Province with 68 points and am now in the process of getting documents, but at the same time I am also considering this Pilot due to the fact that I may not be able to get some documents needed to apply for Saskatchewan Express Entry.

As for the number of candidates as I understood there is a limit of 100 applicants per community per year.

Once at least 1 community has complete and clear guide on how to apply we will be able to evaluate our chances more realistically.
I like your optimism about the job thing. I saw your reply to matt. You should do your best to complete those Saskatchewan documents just in case this doesn't pan out for you. People have major regrets now after refusing invites from various provinces earlier this year. Don't let this be a "if I had known" situation. Best of luck!!!

Mustafa83

Oct 17, 2017
Azerbaijan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Saskatchewan
NOC Code......
Hmm sure but then what's the difference between this program and a regular skilled worker pnp program? Then you can go as well to Vancouver or Toronto, get a job offer and apply for your PR after a year or so of work. I hold that programs like this are fishing for very low hanging fruits, and I don't think this program will be successful. Both sides will be disappointed. But that's just my hunch.
I think under this program the participating employers will do not need to obtain LMA form, but I might be wrong.

Reactions: Ximena88

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
Agree, a regular provincial pnp sponsorship is much more promising, it does not lock you into a single employer that may exploit you, you can look for different jobs even outside your NOC once you get your PR. I second your opinion, he should take the SINP invite serious and do his utmost to get sponsorship.

I like your optimism about the job thing. I saw your reply to matt. You should do your best to complete those Saskatchewan documents just in case this doesn't pan out for you. People have major regrets now after refusing invites from various provinces earlier this year. Don't let this be a "if I had known" situation. Best of luck!!!

Mustafa83

Oct 17, 2017
Azerbaijan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Saskatchewan
NOC Code......
Thanks a lot. No matter what I will of course submit it, even if I am not sure about some of my documents, since I think if you submit some incomplete documents they will just ask you to resubmit correct ones.

This Pilot however, I consider as a back-up plan or something like that. But I doubt there will be something specific earlier than next year, so I will just submit Saskathewan documents by end of this month and wait, while looking into this Pilot at the same time.

Reactions: Ximena88

Mustafa83

Oct 17, 2017
Azerbaijan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Saskatchewan
NOC Code......
Agree, a regular provincial pnp sponsorship is much more promising, it does not lock you into a single employer that may exploit you, you can look for different jobs even outside your NOC once you get your PR. I second your opinion, he should take the SINP invite serious and do his utmost to get sponsorship.
Thanks. What do you mean by "sponsorship"?

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
Good luck to you, I seriously wish you get the SINP sponsorship. I am one point below yours and need to wait ;-)

Thanks a lot. No matter what I will of course submit it, even if I am not sure about some of my documents, since I think if you submit some incomplete documents they will just ask you to resubmit correct ones.

This Pilot however, I consider as a back-up plan or something like that. But I doubt there will be something specific earlier than next year, so I will just submit Saskathewan documents by end of this month and wait, while looking into this Pilot at the same time.