+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

gregmah

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
S_J said:
Hi Femzade,

Test and Interview and went very smooth. I was told to get one of the stamp translated into English. The officer asked me couple of questions in regards to my job. Otherwise it was a pretty straight forward process. It took us close to 1.5 hours to go through the test and interview. Make sure that you are carrying all the documents specified in the Invite as I saw few people being asked many questions based on the travel they did. No need to get panicked based on someone else's experience you might see on test day, be confident in your statements and you will be fine.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

With Regards.
What do you think that when would i get my test invitation. This is my timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 24, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 24, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 25, 2014.

Finger Printing letter:

We sent you a letter on September 11, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
gregmah said:
What do you think that when would i get my test invitation. This is my timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 24, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 24, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Finger Printing letter:

We sent you a letter on September 11, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Bergman!!
Was your fingerprint letter sent from Sydney office or Calgary?

Thanks

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
gregmah said:

Finger Printing letter:

Well for routine applications the April 2014 applicants should be taking test in May 2015 , however for non routine applications its not possible to make an assumption .

gregmah

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
informatics said:
Well for routine applications the April 2014 applicants should be taking test in May 2015 , however for non routine applications its not possible to make an assumption .
is there anyone get test invite in april. I have seen someone got the test invite on mar 12, recently. May I expect before the year end or i am very optimistic...

freetorch

Mar 19, 2015
Hi all, I am from an old forum before I came here as an Immigrant, now I'm applying for citizenship & I would like to join this forum if you don't mind. I noticed that the calgary processing time will take more than a year according to some posts. I hope my timeline shown below is a standard procedure. Thanks.

Citizenship: Family Application
Application sent: Oct. 18, 2014
Application received: Oct.24, 2014
AOR: Dec. 23, 2014
In Process: Dec. 28, 2014
LO Transfer: Jan 05, 2015
Test date: Waiting
Oath date: Waiting

dbo73

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
informatics said:
Hmm, as I have sent in my application closer to the end of April, I am currently hoping for a test date early June ::)

dbo73

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gregmah said:

Finger Printing letter:

Hi gregmah,

My timeline is very similar to yours. You should put it in the excel spreadsheet, too.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Emq25ueiJJ9coxst2YC7sszqAhFJi_B3r2Q1sd6Y29s/edit?pli=1#gid=120467648

Mine was received April 25, 2014, processing started on June 26, 2014. No fingerprint request, though. No update since then.

Regards,
dbo73

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
femzade said:
Great news batmann. Good things come to those who wait. All the best as you prepare for the test.

I am trying to motivate myself to read but seems all the demands of the workplace are conspiring against me :) :D ;D
I heard ya! Same as here! I now am worrying faile the test :):):):

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mimi23 said:
ur local office is Calgary? Wote u must be very lucky one
Batman maybe u gonna have test n oath on The same day too who knows ,
Batman is not lucky like that, hehehehe.

Apr 14, 2015
Yes local office was Calgary. My timeline (posted on another thread as well) Applied: Aug. 2014 family. AOR: Oct 2014 Fingerprint request for my husband from CIC Calgary: Feb 2015 Test/Oath invite: end of March 2015 Test: April 14 2015 and oath April 17th. I didn't mean to make anyone depressed but instead trying to give you guys some hope. I do feel lucky that the process was quick. Best wishes for you all

femzade

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
S_J said:
Hi Femzade,

Test and Interview and went very smooth. I was told to get one of the stamp translated into English. The officer asked me couple of questions in regards to my job. Otherwise it was a pretty straight forward process. It took us close to 1.5 hours to go through the test and interview. Make sure that you are carrying all the documents specified in the Invite as I saw few people being asked many questions based on the travel they did. No need to get panicked based on someone else's experience you might see on test day, be confident in your statements and you will be fine.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

With Regards.
S_J, many thanks for another great response. To find time to respond having become a Canadian Citizen, and not leaving us to our fate, is appreciated. My respect.
Thanks for the tips. Makes me feel better. All the best buddy!! ;)

femzade

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
batmann said:
I heard ya! Same as here! I now am worrying faile the test :):):):
No way batmann! Failure is not yours. Actually the test is simple (discounting that How Canadian are you link you sent - that one is awful!). I have tried v-soul, citizenshipcounts, toptips and apnatoronto tests and I am getting 100% most of the time. So confidence is growing. Dont worry, my test comes before yours so I will share more tips once I'm done with my test ;)

femzade

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
I have received my ATIP reports - both for my citizenship file and CBSA travel history. Both look good and consistent - nothing to worry about.

I will advise those on the forum to request same. Does not hurt to have all the information that CIC have on you.

Alex_78

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
American_expat said:
Yes local office was Calgary. My timeline (posted on another thread as well) Applied: Aug. 2014 family. AOR: Oct 2014 Fingerprint request for my husband from CIC Calgary: Feb 2015 Test/Oath invite: end of March 2015 Test: April 14 2015 and oath April 17th. I didn't mean to make anyone depressed but instead trying to give you guys some hope. I do feel lucky that the process was quick. Best wishes for you all
It is a great sign that things probably are kicking off even for one applicant. Congratulations