+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alexdive said:
mr.Batman!
Lol looks like my app would take forever
just dont wanna wait for but setting out a long vacation
Jamaica-Turkey-Thailand-Vietnam and Japan

Will see u guys in next 3 months
Wish you guys all the best

(waiting is pain) :(
I hear you Alex, waiting is painful. :(
3 months vacation!!!!! Lucky you, I wish I could have even 1 month vacation. Have a great trip. :D :D

Mask

Mar 8, 2015
femzade said:
Congrats Mask. Could you please share your test experience. What time was your appointment? How long did it take from arrival until everything was done? What was the interview like? That was a good score. Will you share any prep material/websites you used?
Hi, famzade, the test was really easy. If you study the book 3 to 4 times should be enough to get 20 out of 20. Exam was for 30 min but it took quite a while to complete document verification for all. In total it took 1 hrs and 30 min.

In addition to the study the book, I found "v-soul.com" is quite helpful. Good luck.

sonu966

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
In the test, were there many theory questions or were they asking about many dates???
Thanks

Mask said:
Hi, famzade, the test was really easy. If you study the book 3 to 4 times should be enough to get 20 out of 20. Exam was for 30 min but it took quite a while to complete document verification for all. In total it took 1 hrs and 30 min.

In addition to the study the book, I found "v-soul.com" is quite helpful. Good luck.

femzade

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
batmann said:
Hey femzade,

here are some websites that have free online practice Citizenship test questions:

http://citizenshipcounts.ca/quiz
http://www.toptipsclub.com/Citizenship_Test_Index_KB.asp
http://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/
http://www.v-soul.com/onlinetest/calgary_alberta_citizenship_test.php
http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/games/how/index.asp?utm_source=slash-canadian2&utm_medium=short-url&utm_campaign=articles
Many thanks batmann. Very useful sites. I however hope the questions do not come from the cic.gc.ca/games sites. Those are difficult ones. However, great input. I have enough to practice with. Have a great weekend.

femzade

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Mask said:

Mask, thanks for response and encouragement. Wishing you the best as you wait for oath invitation.

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
femzade said:
Many thanks batmann. Very useful sites. I however hope the questions do not come from the cic.gc.ca/games sites. Those are difficult ones. However, great input. I have enough to practice with. Have a great weekend.
Hey dude,

The last site is from CIC, it is harder ;D ;D

Enjoy the beautiful day and don't study too hard. ;D ;D

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
batmann said:
My eCase has been updated to show the test day.
batman,
Lol my ecas got updated today
Your file was transferred to the Calgary office

You know how long does it take to test invitation?

Best,

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 28, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 23, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 13, 2015.

We sent you a letter on February 4, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a letter on February 27, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your file was transferred to the Calgary office on April 8, 2015. The Calgary office will contact you.

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alexdive said:
batman,
Lol my ecas got updated today
Your file was transferred to the Calgary office

You know how long does it take to test invitation?
YEAH GREAT news bro ;D ;D I have been checking the Calgary timeline, usually people receive the test invitations around 13 months from the received date. You might receive the letter after your 3 month vacation :D ;D

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
batmann said:
YEAH GREAT news bro ;D ;D I have been checking the Calgary timeline, usually people receive the test invitations around 13 months from the received date. You might receive the letter after your 3 month vacation :D ;D
Previously it was at least 14 months for most of the applications...so Calgary is making some progress ...hopefully they will improve further :D :D :D

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
Thanks mr.batman n informatics,
quick question:
-when file was transferred to local office meaning all background checkes have
previously done at Sydney office, right?

-what the local office usally do to our applications beside
sending test invitation?

Best,

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
local office does them n are sent in batch , mine were done By Local office , local office does all the digging n reviewing , Sídney Just check all documents n few things , local can RQ u even though Sídney didnt
alexdive said:
quick question:

sending test invitation?

Best,

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
informatics said:
Previously it was at least 14 months for most of the applications...so Calgary is making some progress ...hopefully they will improve further :D :D :D
I am sure they will. As per the Calgary timeline and a couple of my friends, starting Jan, Feb & beginning of March this year, people had the test around 14 months from the received date. We now are going to have the test about 10 days earlier than the full 14 months.

Cheers :D :D

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alexdive said:
quick question:

sending test invitation?

Best,
mimi23 said:
local office does them n are sent in batch , mine were done By Local office , local office does all the digging n reviewing , Sídney Just check all documents n few things , local can RQ u even though Sídney didnt
Not a problem Alex ;D. mimi is right, good job mimi :)

According to my ATIP, the NS office (includes the Sidney & Centralized Intake Office) did check my application, background, all the documents and then it was transferred to the Calgary office. When I called CIC on Friday I was told that the Calgary office sent out the test invitation letter....NOT RECEIVED YET, hopefully it will be in my mail box by tomorrow.

As per my friend's ATIP, the Sidney office checked her application, background and then it was transferred to the Calgary office. The local office sent her a FP letter. She received the test letter from the local office as well.

Cheers :D :D :D

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
during my stay in canada,
i had to go to my home country for 65 days to take care of my
sick father. does this also a factor of obtaining a residency
questionaire. what are the main reasons on which calgary office
gives residency questionaire

thanks,
Godhelp