+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

gregmah

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
American_expat said:
Yes local office was Calgary. My timeline (posted on another thread as well) Applied: Aug. 2014 family. AOR: Oct 2014 Fingerprint request for my husband from CIC Calgary: Feb 2015 Test/Oath invite: end of March 2015 Test: April 14 2015 and oath April 17th. I didn't mean to make anyone depressed but instead trying to give you guys some hope. I do feel lucky that the process was quick. Best wishes for you all
This is a great news Congrats

Looks like that there is no long delay after the finger printing also.

Alex_78

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
femzade said:
I have received my ATIP reports - both for my citizenship file and CBSA travel history. Both look good and consistent - nothing to worry about.

I will advise those on the forum to request same. Does not hurt to have all the information that CIC have on you.
Hi Femzade

Even though my application was received by CIC on Sept 8' 2015 however I recieved AOR on Feb 4 '2015, started processing on Feb 16' 2015 and subsequently my file was transferred to local office on March 3' 2015. This delay probably might have arise from submitting some additional documents proactively i.e. tax assessment from previous years, vacation statement from employer to match with my absence from Canada, etc. So considering my file has just been transferred to Calgary in March 3' 2015, should I ask for ATIP now? Or can you suggest a time frame?

gregmah

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
informatics said:
Well for routine applications the April 2014 applicants should be taking test in May 2015 , however for non routine applications its not possible to make an assumption .
I have another question to ask. I have applied with my daughter and son (below 10 years). My application started processing in June while my son and daughter application started processing in Aug. Why is that? any expert answer

See my time line

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 24, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 24, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 25, 2014.

Finger Printing letter:

We sent you a letter on September 11, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

But My Son and Daughter timeline are below:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 24, 2014.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 24, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on August 22, 2014.

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
femzade said:
No way batmann! Failure is not yours. Actually the test is simple (discounting that How Canadian are you link you sent - that one is awful!). I have tried v-soul, citizenshipcounts, toptips and apnatoronto tests and I am getting 100% most of the time. So confidence is growing. Dont worry, my test comes before yours so I will share more tips once I'm done with my test ;)
Holy moly femzade, 100%!!! Me around 96%, the years of history is killing me :(:(. It seems like I don't have time to read the book, but I'll take 3 days off before the test. Thanks, I'm looking forward to hear from ya!:):)

femzade

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Alex_78 said:
Hi Femzade

Even though my application was received by CIC on Sept 8' 2015 however I recieved AOR on Feb 4 '2015, started processing on Feb 16' 2015 and subsequently my file was transferred to local office on March 3' 2015. This delay probably might have arise from submitting some additional documents proactively i.e. tax assessment from previous years, vacation statement from employer to match with my absence from Canada, etc. So considering my file has just been transferred to Calgary in March 3' 2015, should I ask for ATIP now? Or can you suggest a time frame?
Hey Alex_78, I guess you meant September 8 2014. You are absolutely right. I will ask for ATIP closer to my test date. Given the timelines that we currently see in Calgary, requesting ATIP 9 to 10 months from your application received date should be fine. You want to be sure you receive most up to date information on your file. This is my opinion and in the event that you are as lucky as our friend with 8 months timeline from application to oath, my recommendation on when to apply for ATIP will not be right.

Wishing you the best of luck with your application .

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
Fezade,
Based on my timeline should I request ATIP or wait for another few months?
Thanks,
Alex

Alex_78

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
femzade said:
Hey Alex_78, I guess you meant September 8 2014. You are absolutely right. I will ask for ATIP closer to my test date. Given the timelines that we currently see in Calgary, requesting ATIP 9 to 10 months from your application received date should be fine. You want to be sure you receive most up to date information on your file. This is my opinion and in the event that you are as lucky as our friend with 8 months timeline from application to oath, my recommendation on when to apply for ATIP will not be right.

Wishing you the best of luck with your application .
Hi Femzade

Thank you for you suggestion. I will probably request for it around July considering a 6 month delay in my file to receive AOR from application receipt date Sept 8' 2014. I cant be hopeful that my case will process as fast as our friend had with in 8 months, i will be over moon if that happens.

femzade

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
alexdive said:
Fezade,
Based on my timeline should I request ATIP or wait for another few months?
Thanks,
Alex
Hi alexdive, based on your timeline which gives an LOT date of April 2015, I will advise you wait between 4 to 6 months. The last entry on my ATIP was 2 months before letter inviting me for test. Given the current trend where we are seeing 14 months from application to test reduced to 12 months with the only exception being american_expat, you may be looking at test date of November/December 2015. You may want to request ATIP between August and September or a bit earlier if you are feeling very optimistic.

Wishing you the best of luck with your application

wab7701

Feb 4, 2014
Hi everyone
I've been a silent follower of this forum, if i have doubts or questions, i would back read and in most cases, if not all, the answers were already discussed in the forum. I thought i'd share our recent experience.

June 2009 - Work Permits / Student Permit
Aug 2010 - AINP approved (Employer Driven Stream)
Nov 2011 - PR
Feb 2014 - applied for Citizenship ***edited***
Apr 2015 - Test

we arrived in Harry Hays 1 hour before our appointment; interview was fast, they just asked us if we are working, and in my case, the answer is yes, same company who nominated us; we had to wait 1 hour until they finished checking the docs of all other applicants. Test was easy (me and my spouse got different sets of questions). After handing over the answer sheet, they checked it right away and we were called outside and showed us the test results. Was advised to wait for invite for Oath by mail, 1 - 3 months window.

That's about it :) our application went smoothly, to date.
It was a long journey from TFW to Citizenship, but all is well

Now we are waiting for Oath

I wish you all the best of luck on your application...and Thank You for all the help - inputs from other applicants based on their experiences are really helpful.

Calgary-timeliner

Apr 8, 2015
wab7701 said:
Hi everyone
I've been a silent follower of this forum, if i have doubts or questions, i would back read and in most cases, if not all, the answers were already discussed in the forum. I thought i'd share our recent experience.

June 2009 - Work Permits / Student Permit
Aug 2010 - AINP approved (Employer Driven Stream)
Nov 2011 - PR
Feb 2013 - applied for Citizenship
Apr 2014 - Test

we arrived in Harry Hays 1 hour before our appointment; interview was fast, they just asked us if we are working, and in my case, the answer is yes, same company who nominated us; we had to wait 1 hour until they finished checking the docs of all other applicants. Test was easy (me and my spouse got different sets of questions). After handing over the answer sheet, they checked it right away and we were called outside and showed us the test results. Was advised to wait for invite for Oath by mail, 1 - 3 months window.

That's about it :) our application went smoothly, to date.
It was a long journey from TFW to Citizenship, but all is well

Now we are waiting for Oath

I wish you all the best of luck on your application...and Thank You for all the help - inputs from other applicants based on their experiences are really helpful.
How could you apply before two years following your PR. I believe a typo happens in dates, Perhaps you meant :
Feb 2014 - applied for Citizenship
Apr 2015 - Test

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
friends,

today i received email AOR from cic--with URL of study guide. I had
sent my application 15 days back. Is it somewhat
fast or normal. I was assuming it will take CIC about
2 months to send me the AOR. does this mean my
application packet was complete

Thanks,
Godhelp

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I am new on this forum. I have applied in March 2013 and next year received the RQ which was submitted back. No test is been scheduled.
Does anyone who applied in 2013 and received a RQ has got oath or test date ?

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Godhelp,

AOR is only issued when your application is complete with all the required documents mentioned in the checklist. However, when they finally start reviewing your application, they may ask for additional documents if required.

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
thank u very much UOC. I am so sorry to
hear about of your RQ. I wish u luck, so it
get clears fast. Was there any specific reason why
u were issued RQ, like short of 1095 days..etc.

thanks,
Godhelp

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, I wasn't short of days. Just went on vacation every year for a month to visit my extended family abroad.
The reply to the RQ was sent with solid documentation. Ordered CAIPS at beginning of this month and it seemed that there is no progress at all after one year of submission of RQ.