+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
U can go anywhere in this earth as ur not in jail where u Cant where ur not supposed to be, They have there reasons Why They RQ people u and I Cant predict but mostly if ur missing residence days to be few then u will get one most likely anyway Just Relax dear citizenship application have so many supprises all in all enjoy The moment dear, S Harper need ur vote so he dont give lots of RQ now days unless u get The very bad officer ,
godhelp said:
during my stay in canada,
i had to go to my home country for 65 days to take care of my
sick father. does this also a factor of obtaining a residency
questionaire. what are the main reasons on which calgary office
gives residency questionaire

thanks,
Godhelp

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
thanks Mimi,

I accumulated 1100 physical presence days and sent the application.
I was pretty sure about my travelling dates.

thanks,
Godhelp

femzade

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
batmann said:
I received the test invitation letter:):)
Great news batmann. Good things come to those who wait. All the best as you prepare for the test.

I am trying to motivate myself to read but seems all the demands of the workplace are conspiring against me :) :D ;D

S_J

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Hi forum members,

Yesterday, I attended the oath ceremony along with my family. We arrived 15 minutes before the set time and we were let into the room around 10 minutes over the mentioned time. Our PR Cards were taken away and we signed few forms. They didn't check the landing papers or any other document(s). Once everyone was seated, the Court Clerk came into the room and announced the names of the people who were No-Shows. They wanted to make sure that they didn't miss them. We were told that we can apply for Passport(s) after 2 business days.

The ceremony started gracefully with the arrival of the judge. He gave a small speech followed up by the Oath taking. The Citizenship certificates were handed over to everyone by the Judge. The last segment of the ceremony was the national anthem. After which the Judge exited the room and than people started taking pictures with the Judge and in the room. Overall, it took almost 2 hours for the complete ceremony.

We are proud to be part of the Canadian family. I wish everyone good luck in the processing of their respective applications.

Thanks.

Calgary-timeliner

Apr 8, 2015
S_J said:
Hi forum members,

Yesterday, I attended the oath ceremony along with my family. We arrived 15 minutes before the set time and we were let into the room around 10 minutes over the mentioned time. Our PR Cards were taken away and we signed few forms. They didn't check the landing papers or any other document(s). Once everyone was seated, the Court Clerk came into the room and announced the names of the people who were No-Shows. They wanted to make sure that they didn't miss them. We were told that we can apply for Passport(s) after 2 business days.

The ceremony started gracefully with the arrival of the judge. He gave a small speech followed up by the Oath taking. The Citizenship certificates were handed over to everyone by the Judge. The last segment of the ceremony was the national anthem. After which the Judge exited the room and than people started taking pictures with the Judge and in the room. Overall, it took almost 2 hours for the complete ceremony.

We are proud to be part of the Canadian family. I wish everyone good luck in the processing of their respective applications.

Thanks.
Awesome, Big Congrats. ;) ;) ;) ;) Would you please share your timeline, Thanks.

S_J

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Hi Calgary-timeliner,

The timeline should be available in the google document that is floating in this forum for Calgary, however following is the quick recap.

Applied: Nov 2013.
File Transferred to Calgary: March 2014
Test: March 2015
Oath: April 2015

Thanks for your kind thoughts.

femzade

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
S_J said:
Hi forum members,

Thanks.
S_J,

Thanks for such a detailed share and congrats on seeing the process to the end.

Could you please share your test and interview experience. How did it go, interview questions asked, total duration from arrival at the venue until you left, any useful tips for those attending test soon.

gregmah

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
S_J said:
Hi Calgary-timeliner,

The timeline should be available in the google document that is floating in this forum for Calgary, however following is the quick recap.

Applied: Nov 2013.
File Transferred to Calgary: March 2014
Test: March 2015
Oath: April 2015

Thanks for your kind thoughts.
hi there, in reality theere is 18 months time in calgary. This is a complete crap comparing to other places. We should all call cic and put our request that why calgary is very slow...

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
American_expat said:
Times can vary. Just took my test yesterday and oath is Friday. A little over 8 months from application to oath for me from CIC Calgary
ur local office is Calgary? Wote u must be very lucky one
Batman maybe u gonna have test n oath on The same day too who knows ,

femzade

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
American_expat said:
Times can vary. Just took my test yesterday and oath is Friday. A little over 8 months from application to oath for me from CIC Calgary
Seriously? Seems the fastest and most unbelievable timeline we have seen in Calgary. Could you please share detailed timeline - date application received, in process date, single or family application, LOT, test and oath.

Will be good if you can also share your test experience for all on this forum to benefit from. Thanks

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
femzade said:
Seriously? Seems the fastest and most unbelievable timeline we have seen in Calgary. Could you please share detailed timeline - date application received, in process date, single or family application, LOT, test and oath.

Will be good if you can also share your test experience for all on this forum to benefit from. Thanks
I know a Guy from small town in Alberta has his whole thing done in less than year , so maybe

gregmah

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
American_expat said:
-

I cannot believe. He put us in depression:)

There is story around that people who are applying these days are getting their test invite and oath in less than 1 year.

sometime it take 14 month, some time 18 months and now this less than one year....

S_J

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
femzade said:
S_J,

Thanks for such a detailed share and congrats on seeing the process to the end.

Could you please share your test and interview experience. How did it go, interview questions asked, total duration from arrival at the venue until you left, any useful tips for those attending test soon.
Hi Femzade,

Test and Interview and went very smooth. I was told to get one of the stamp translated into English. The officer asked me couple of questions in regards to my job. Otherwise it was a pretty straight forward process. It took us close to 1.5 hours to go through the test and interview. Make sure that you are carrying all the documents specified in the Invite as I saw few people being asked many questions based on the travel they did. No need to get panicked based on someone else's experience you might see on test day, be confident in your statements and you will be fine.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

With Regards.