+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

Dolly Parmar

Oct 12, 2014
can_aussie said:
Looking at the history of the Calgary applicants on this forum, there are no new test invitation in Calgary for more than a month.

Knock knock CIC Calgary Office, please wake up and give fair treatment to Calgarians.
Hey

My brother didn't pass the test on Sept 8. His retest is on Oct 24 so I am guessing maybe they are trying clear out old files first considering he applied in June 2011.

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Glad news all, got my oath invite through mail. Oath ceremony scheduled on 13/Nov/2014 at 8:00 AM. Super excited to be a Canadian soon. Special Thank you to SuperCitizen who brought in the oath bug to the forum for the August test takers. Wish all the aspiring applicants become a Canadian soon. I will still hang around in the forum and keep continue my ranting ;) First time from the past 2 years, since I applied, I am super happy as I used to be before I applied.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
One of my friend and her family who applied in Nov 2011 , got RQed in 2012 , received the test notification for 28th October . So it appears that CIC is trying to reach the 36 months processing goal for RQ applicants.

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
walelo said:
Congrats, when was your test?
Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 7, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 7, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 2, 2013.

We sent you a letter on November 7, 2013. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a notice on July 18, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 12, 2014 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on October 20, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 13, 2014 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
CanuckForEver said:
Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 7, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 7, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 2, 2013.

We sent you a letter on November 7, 2013. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a notice on July 18, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 12, 2014 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on October 20, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 13, 2014 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Thank you for sharing your timelines. Could you please tell what was the letter about , that was send in Nov '13 ? Secondly do you know your LOT date ?

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newcomer said:
Thank you for sharing your timelines. Could you please tell what was the letter about , that was send in Nov '13 ? Secondly do you know your LOT date ?
That letter was NOT RQ. I did not fill up the residence calculator right, (if you refer to my post history, the very first few posts I made, you would get a grip of it) I first landed in Canada to meet my landing obligations with intention to come and live here after an year. So the date I mentioned for first intending to live in Canada and the date I became PR didnt match. So they sent a letter asking me to list all the absences from Canada since I became a PR. That was the Nov'13 letter all about.

LOT date approximately is 28/Dec. That's how I knew this is not an RQ.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
CanuckForEver said:
That letter was NOT RQ. I did not fill up the residence calculator right, (if you refer to my post history, the very first few posts I made, you would get a grip of it) I first landed in Canada to meet my landing obligations with intention to come and live here after an year. So the date I mentioned for first intending to live in Canada and the date I became PR didnt match. So they sent a letter asking me to list all the absences from Canada since I became a PR. That was the Nov'13 letter all about.

LOT date approximately is 28/Dec. That's how I knew this is not an RQ.
Thanks !

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you guys know if they send out test invitation based on LOT or based on application received date? If, for some reasons, application is kept at Sydney for so long because of further clearance then when it's forwarded to LO will it be processed based on the receipt date? Anyone whose LOT date is in Jan 2014 that got test calls from Calgary yet? Thanks